Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Posted: 4 months ago

When: 4 June 2024 at 10:30 AM LOCAL / 8:00 PM IST / 02:30 PM GMT

Where: 6th Match, Group B at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

What to expect: There's increasing help for spinners in the second innings here and teams prefer to bat first in day games, which is evident in a win percentage of 66 for them. Namibia and Oman played in a low-scorer Super Over finish in the tournament opener at this venue and David Wiese admitted to the pitch playing a "little bit differently" than he expected. But that said, the weather in the leadup to the tournament has been wet, which could have adversely affected the pitch preparations. There are rains predicted for the match day too.

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Did you know?

- This will be Scotland's first T20I in the Caribbean

- Scotland have bowled first in just three of their 17 T20Is since January 2022, and each of their 10 wins in this period have come while batting first

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag and thread. Eng should win this but Suyash shared interesting fact yesterday so lets see.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Thanks for the thread and for tagging me Parm.smiley31

Scotland is not a weak team, but not as strong as to defeat England!!

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag Parm.smiley31

May the best team win.smiley20

Cheers..

Manny_123 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Football Fanatics

Thanks for the tag. I am with England team on this match.

mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Manny_123

Thanks for the tag. I am with England team on this match.

Main bhismiley40

1279338 thumbnail

Thank you for the tag, WD! I missed submitting predictions for the SL-SA gamesmiley14

Going for England today but have a weird feeling about Scotland.

Edited by RiddlerPump - 4 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Make way, T20 World Cup, your champions have arrived. Time for England to kickstart what is not just a title defence but also a campagn that has a lot to prove. Last year in India, the defending champions were humbled and humiliated, with doubts looming if they would be able to replicate the kind of white-ball success they had in the lead up to becoming the undisputed champions of white ball cricket.

Jos Buttler and Co however, arrive into the tournament on the back of a comprehensive bashing of Pakistan in a four-match T20I series. Slotted alongside Australia, Namibia, Oman and their opposition for Tuesday - Scotland - the 2022 winners are among the favorites to make it to the semifinals. Can the Richie Berrington-led side pose a stern challenge? With the wickets at this World Cup proving to be anything but the belters we've gotten used to over the years for T20, it'd be interesting to see how the ultra-aggressive batting unit of England go about their business. Buckle up as we take you through the evening.

England will win, still good wishes to Scotland.

Edited by Viswasruti - 4 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Jos Buttler and Phil Salt

As defending champions, England (ENG) aim to kick off their campaign on a high note by securing a victory against their close neighbours. However, Scotland (SCO) recognize the significance of this match and understand that their key players must deliver standout performances against a strong adversary like England.

Kensington Oval Pitch Report

The pitch at the Kensington Oval is renowned for its pace, making it the fastest among all the Caribbean nations. This characteristic empowers both batters and fast bowlers to significantly influence the game, regardless of the format being played. Historically, the average first innings score at this venue stands at 156 in T20Is. However, England, being the dominant side, will undoubtedly strive to surpass this benchmark and aim for a total exceeding 200 runs if they bat first.