Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 4 months ago

Important Note

Members, please note that the runs scored in the super over won't be added to individual score.

But these runs will be added to decide the total runs of the teams.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

The Great Escape for Namibia. They seemed to be in control. And then they seemed to panic. They almost fluffed it. Before they redeemed themselves. Wiese being at the forefront of it all. PIcked up three wickets in the game proper. Then turned up with the bat in the Super Over, before sealing it with the ball in the over that followed.

Prizi thumbnail

India

David Wiese,POTM: Lost a couple of years tonight, don't know how many I have left in me now. Just been that kind of an emotionally draining game. (On his Super Over bowling) I had a feel for the wicket and knew what I had to execute in the Super Over. The pitch was difficult, was a bit two-paced and different to what we expected. I think we adapted well and it was surely a pitch where you had to spend some time out there. I think if we were chasing 180, we would have had to attack without thinking too much about the pitch, so tough to say what would have been a par total on this wicket.

Edited by Prizi - 4 months ago
Savera84 thumbnail

India

David Wiese, the Player of the Match: "Aged a couple of years tonight. Don't have a lot of years left in me (laughs). Emotionally draining evening. (Batting and bowling in Super over) It helped that I had a feel of the game and knew if I get a few hits out in the Super Over .... then with the ball, felt like taking the ball and executing. Pitch was difficult, didn't play the way we thought. But we adapted well. It was two-paced, it was a difficult wicket to get yourself in. Definitely one you needed to spend a bit of time before capitalising. (Target) Difficult to gauge a good target because if you're chasing 180 then you're playing differently. But when you let them bowl the way they did, you bring them back into the game. Lots of learnings from this game."

Prizi thumbnail

India

Not getting tym to follow morning matchessmiley18

As always getting 20 pts only

Edited by Prizi - 4 months ago
Prizi thumbnail

India

A Ilias: Would have enjoyed the game if we would have won, but this is part of cricket. Credit goes to Namibia. Credit goes to Truppelmann for the way he executed, and then our batters adjusted well. However, when we were set we should have gone for more runs. We knew the wicket was on the turning side, and we could have put more pressure with some more runs on the board. I think Bilal is one of the best bowlers at this level, but there are days when you don't execute.

Rosyme thumbnail

India

Congratulations smiley31

Word Count: 1

Prizi thumbnail

India

Gerhard Erasmus | Namibia Captain : Difficult to get momentum through the innings, we tried by getting the singles and doubles but every now and then we needed those boundaries which were difficult to execute. On a pitch like that, you need to take responsibillity after batting 15-20 balls, and you shouldn't allow new batters to face. In the Super Over we proved that there are runs to be had if you just assess the pitch well and take responsibility. (On Wiese bowling Super Over) David was up in the change room and he was very clear that he wanted to bowl the Super Over. (On the win) Happy to break the duck and get through in this tournament. We were very excited to come here and play in this competition, hopefully we can continue this form.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Congrats Darshi n Suyash for topping

Congrats Namibia for the win

SoniRita thumbnail

India

So this match had a super oversmiley3 woah must be thriller haan.