Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 months ago

I don’t believe any of the actors who debuted after 2005 have any pull by themselves …its all heavily reliant on trailer, genre , whether or not it’s part of a successful franchise, hit songs etc …all of which the actor is not contributing to

At best, the actors who do well today are the actors who the audience don’t mind watching ….but they won’t go to the theatre for them specially …that era is gone unless there is someone who really makes the public sit up and take notice

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: forza

Were are Alia Bhatt Fans?

present! What’s the issue?

I can’t talk on behalf of everyone but as far as I’m concerned- if this is true it’s great! Happy for RR and shraddha smiley40

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Being Shakti Kapoor fan I have a reason to celebrate

Good to know you like to celebrate nepos too smiley36smiley20

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Oh please.....a well made horror movie does wonders at BO.......Munjia with almost 2 unknown actors did amazing at BO.....Let us not forget that Stree 2 is the sequel to a very successful horror movie Stree....Shraddha has zero pull......otherwise all her movies would have done reasonably well.....atleast got a good initial opening......like u said....give credit only where its due....U know I don't like Deepu.....but comparing her to the stardom of Deepika, Kat or Alia is a sin literally...smiley36

What happened to Bhediya then?
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

Im happy for the film doing well but are we gonna pretend shraddha is the one responsible for this?
its one thing to be the only actress in the film (stree)…whole another thing to actually carry the film…(the dirty picture)

Was she responsible for the success of stree? Or was it the whole plot being interesting, rooted in known folklore with the crowd pulling horror comedy genre, and the comedic gags of the dudes? Like do ppl remember any of her scenes in stree?

She will get a hit to her name and granted the promotions are done with her coz she’s the glam factor in the film…but that’s like saying Sonam was responsible for the success of ranjhna or bhaag milkha…

I don’t think we can rule out Shraddha completely

- Tiger Shroff - his biggest hits (minus War) are with Shraddha.

- Sid’s biggest hit(and only solo hero hit) is also with Shraddha,

- Same with Arjun Kapoor, Half-Gf did good numbers

- Sushant, saw mostly flops, Chichore is one of his few hits

- Aashiqui 2 is also ARK’s only solo hit

- Stree; also RKR’s only hit.

- TJMM did more business than Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shamshera and Tamasha

This cant be a coincidence. I don’t think we can discount her completely. She certainly does play a big part. Yes - she can’t do a Haseena Parkar or those types of movies but she certainly does have BO pull.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 2 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

Im happy for the film doing well but are we gonna pretend shraddha is the one responsible for this?

I’m pretending a falcon is responsible for this smiley36
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

This cant be a coincidence. I don’t think we can discount her completely. She certainly does play a big part. Yes - she can’t do a Haseena Parkar or those types of movies but she certainly does have BO pull.

she can also do a thang or two w a gunhttps://youtu.be/gyP2r9Gjz64?si=zT4fkUkW6K9sWqgw

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

What happened to Bhediya then?

It was a bokwaas movie.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

It was a bokwaas movie.

and what about Varun’s other flops! Since 2017?
Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

If this opens with 30 cr + then

- It will surely be A Blockbuster and will be Shraddha second Blockbuster where Ali still has non.

it will cross 200cr where Alia still straggle to cross.

with 30cr+ opening Alia will only keep dreaming about because her best opening is still below 20cr

With the help of her superstar husband Alia will have 60 crores day 1 record with Love and Warsmiley16