Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

Tried to watch the movie some years back and couldn't finish it and wondered why it had been such a hit maybe the songs and Rani's stardom at that time

And also I realised shaad Ali is not a good director , his jhoom barabar jhoom was also the same incoherent , headache type of movie but again that had great songs too

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

This film was a headache ..

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

For me Bunty aur Bubbly was a great concept on papers but very disjointed as a movie and incoherent screenplay wise unlike the other comedies of its time.

Kind of unique, yes, but not that engaging of a movie.

--------------------

Completely agree with you, Even Chutia Dhawan could have made a better film with the it content.

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

Not songs but song. Specifically one song.

Honestly I rather enjoyed Bunty aur Babli. It was a unique movie for that time. Most other movies in 2005 were out and out comedies, cross dressing comedies, romantic movies, or super serious action flicks. Plus the way they showed the crimes made it so funny.

The sequel completely destroyed the original though. They literally should have shown one couple winning, but no they had to show both couples winning. smiley24

Most of its songs were Hits, and they were great too.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: forza

Yes...dhadak dhadak seeti bajaye ray..

Title song...

and Nach Baliye.... Infect the popular realiy dance show nach baliye was named after this song.

Bunty aur bubbly was a fluke hit, and flukes can not work all the time...

The same director Shaad Ali's next similar movie JBJ not only got massively flopped, but permanently destroyed the careers of then's promising upcoming stars Abhishek, Bobby deol , Lara dutta and established star Preity, forever

Mr.Abrol thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I concede the rendition was very artistic & polished as also classic Hindustani sort like pulled straight from the famous Baradari* of the Awadhi Nawab Wajid Ali (credit to Aishwarya but equally to backstage team as well)

Besides , 'chup chup ke' was the one I liked most if asked to pick one .

(edit) * or atleast what I imagine it to be

Edited by Mr.Abrol - 2 months ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

https://youtu.be/4dsFQFCvVGU?si=yqqp28EIC9Jsx8vP

It was so weird to see Aish do this raunchy item song with her FIL and her husband

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Yep but the movie is best known today for 1 song specifically. Even in 2005, that one song was used to market the movie more than the rest of the songs. For me, Nach Baliye is my favourite song. It just has an awesome rhythm and I've danced to it forever.