Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Zilan

I have to agree with this.

I heard Drashti has been offered a few in the past, even Sanaya but they have declined because of bad scripts and definitely there was some other kind of demands that we don't hear in the mainstream media.

Also noticed that these days we don't have popular actresses like these you have mentioned.

Yeah that’s true too. Tbh I have not been following any ITV show lately, so I have very limited idea on what’s going on there now. Last I watched was 2022 that too only 1 or 2 shows on Sony. Not fond of any of the recent actresses, some actually have potential but are in wrong show.
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

everyone has a different destiny and career graph. Yami Mrunal and Radhika honed their craft and got lucky. Jennifer did come in a Bollywood movie but surprisingly did not make it big.

Yeah true. I think both Yami and Radhika have goo script selections too. I used to follow Radhika’s show where she was paired with Shakti, wasn’t really fond of her in that show, but I loved her chemistry with Shakti and the storyline was alright for the first few episodes only smiley36, seeing her come this far makes me surprised and glad at the same time.
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zilan

I have to agree with this.

I heard Drashti has been offered a few in the past, even Sanaya but they have declined because of bad scripts and definitely there was some other kind of demands that we don't hear in the mainstream media.

Also noticed that these days we don't have popular actresses like these you have mentioned.

I think TV actresses need to be careful with their script selection, if they do a flop movie its hard to bag another one. However these days even if the movies are flop, but if the storyline is good and streamed on OTT then they actually get noticed which I guess happened in Pratibha’s case.
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: maha15

Yes surprisingly some ar very lucky...actually good for them...

Hope more girls and boys from TV will get chance

usually after 1,2 serials on TV these people dont get role.....as TVs demand is fresh faces

The TV faces are way better actors than most of the nepo kids these days. No wonder nowadays TV faces are getting more chance, depending on how much hype they can generate on social media.
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: _symphony

I think Pratibha Ranta is an odd one out here. For now she is just a sensation. Let’s see how long it lasts.

Yami became more famous when she stated doing more female centric films because she is v good at them.

Radhika Madaan, a curious case. But i think any woman who has a unique hoarse voice always becomes famous. It’s very attractive. Examples Sridevi, Janvi, Rani.

Mrunal - She became more famous when she started doing South films.

But i agree more popular tv actresses don’t get movie roles may be because they have a certain image. Even today ppl recognise jennifer winget as dr Ridhima or Maya. Though she is so good and definitely suited for films.

And i think same with TV actors.

I think for Pratibha if it was like 6-7 years ago, I don’t think she would have stood out this much cause unfortunately Laapata Ladies didnt work in theatres, it became popular after it streamed on Netflix.

Tbh I am curious too how Radhika bagged a movie so fast after doing just 1 show, and her acting wasn’t that special in that show either.

Agree about Yami and Mrunal too.

Btw from your DP, I can say you are a Shraman fan. Man that show and couple is my all time fav among ITV shows. I still felt EDKV S1 was soo unlucky to get an abrupt ending. Also its about Shraman, even Nikita made it to Bollywood.

I loved her as Sumo however in BW her acting wasn’t as good as it was as Sumo, no wonder she kinda disappeared despite getting quite some movies in between. I think she got noticed when she did Haasil since she was paired with 2 guys who did quite some BW flims and thats how she bagged flims I guess. In movies she got noticed for Kabir Singh only.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

I wonder how the actresses in EK shows can play the same boring role for like 7-8 years. Its ridiculous. I stopped watching for ITV shows for a while already.

It’s their livelihood. What else are they gonna do for moola?

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

On a related note, there are so many actresses in Bollywood, but barely any new actors. Tiger was what the last succesful launch and that was 10 years ago smiley23

BubbleTea thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

Yeah that’s true smiley36 I don’t see it as a problem honestly but I just am quite curious its surprising cause some of them were below average in their tv shows but somehow made it big in bollywood and they did a good job, like the acting standard became really good. As for the big TV actresses, I am not fan of any of them, but cant deny some actually act really well, however they have this unwanted arrogance maybe that’s stopping them.

The ones like Mrunal didn’t stick in tv to play the same role for years so had more room to grow by doing different roles.

BubbleTea thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

On a related note, there are so many actresses in Bollywood, but barely any new actors. Tiger was what the last succesful launch and that was 10 years ago smiley23

All the male nepo kids launch seems to have failed i.e Sunny Deol son , Sunil Shetty son . Let’s see if Ibrahim and Lord Bobby’s son succeed smiley36

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

TV actresses are over exposed & people are used to seeing them 5 times a week, hence they lose their spark in front of Audience eyes.

Mural/Randhika did one show only for sometime and left to try luck into BW, which was right as they were still not that overexposed compared to the popular ones you mentioned like JW & Divyanka. So yeah overexposure kills the excitement & value. Same goes for popular male actors as well.