Average TV actresses making it big in Bollywood these days

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Just wanted to share my observation. I noticed there have been actresses that were not that significant in their TV shows but they made it big in Bollywood and their acting have been massively praised. It’s like they performed on big stages.

Yami Gautam - Used to play side roles in TV shows, was known for Fair and Lovely ad, and now she is doing quite some quality flims in Bollywood.

Mrunal Thakur - Was second lead in Kumkum Bhagya as Bulbul, was the main lead in a flop star plus show, and now she is popular in Bollywood and South industries too.

Radhika Madan - Debuted as female lead Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi, got her Bollywood breakthrough afterwards

Pratibha Rana - Debuted as female lead in Kurbaan Hua, and now is one of the trending actresses for her work in Laapata Ladies.

I saw a bit of their shows and I didn’t find anything special in their acting there back then, and never expected they will bag quite some flims. Though in Bollywood, they have done a decent job so far.

Wheras there are many TV actresses that do really good acting in their shows comparatively like Jennifer Winget, Divyanka Tripathi, Dhrasti Dhami, Tejasswi but they have not made it big in Bollywood so that got me wondering.

Edited by JustRandomGirl - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes surprisingly some ar very lucky...actually good for them...

Hope more girls and boys from TV will get chance

usually after 1,2 serials on TV these people dont get role.....as TVs demand is fresh faces

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Khikhikhikhi I am not big fan of most TV ones who have made it big in BW but the names you have suggested aren't that good either.Havent you seen silsila on colors TV that you are suggesting DD?JW is a strong performer though,even if not as versatile as is claimed.

But the thing is likes of jennifer,DD are all big big stars of tv,that actually hampers your ambition more if you want to make it in BW,and I think these actresses didn't even have that ambition coz they know how things are in BW.It's not as if even radhika or yami have hoards of opportunities for them or have been entirely accepted in the mainstream.What even was radhika's last movie?

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I think Pratibha Ranta is an odd one out here. For now she is just a sensation. Let’s see how long it lasts.

Yami became more famous when she stated doing more female centric films because she is v good at them.

Radhika Madaan, a curious case. But i think any woman who has a unique hoarse voice always becomes famous. It’s very attractive. Examples Sridevi, Janvi, Rani.

Mrunal - She became more famous when she started doing South films.

But i agree more popular tv actresses don’t get movie roles may be because they have a certain image. Even today ppl recognise jennifer winget as dr Ridhima or Maya. Though she is so good and definitely suited for films.

And i think same with TV actors.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

everyone has a different destiny and career graph. Yami Mrunal and Radhika honed their craft and got lucky. Jennifer did come in a Bollywood movie but surprisingly did not make it big.

Zilan thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sci-Fi Squad

I have to agree with this.

I heard Drashti has been offered a few in the past, even Sanaya but they have declined because of bad scripts and definitely there was some other kind of demands that we don't hear in the mainstream media.

Also noticed that these days we don't have popular actresses like these you have mentioned.

BubbleTea thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Most of the big TV actresses are overrated as heck so I don’t see how it is a big deal. There are plenty of things wrong with Bollywood. This isn’t one of them .

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Becoming too popular on TV is a curse, looks like

If you're in a daily soap, people watch you everday for months, years even in their living room in a certain role, it's hard to shake that image off

Jason Alexander complained he has lost out on some roles cz of George Costanza

https://youtube.com/shorts/VoG79cHvlt8?si=Sf33gA9FTrtCAHH2

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: BubbleTea

Most of the big TV actresses are overrated as heck so I don’t see how it is a big deal. There are plenty of things wrong with Bollywood. This isn’t one of them .

Yeah that’s true smiley36 I don’t see it as a problem honestly but I just am quite curious its surprising cause some of them were below average in their tv shows but somehow made it big in bollywood and they did a good job, like the acting standard became really good. As for the big TV actresses, I am not fan of any of them, but cant deny some actually act really well, however they have this unwanted arrogance maybe that’s stopping them.
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Becoming too popular on TV is a curse, looks like

If you're in a daily soap, people watch you everday for months, years even in their living room in a certain role, it's hard to shake that image off

Jason Alexander complained he has lost out on some roles cz of George Costanza

https://youtube.com/shorts/VoG79cHvlt8?si=Sf33gA9FTrtCAHH2

I wonder how the actresses in EK shows can play the same boring role for like 7-8 years. Its ridiculous. I stopped watching for ITV shows for a while already.