South Film Industry Will Bail Out Bollywood - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 months ago

Hmm 🤔 though south movies have easier time because in the south they very into their cinema I have seen even Vanga had such massive crowds

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

sooooo much of an over dosage of masala that it literally gives me indigestion problems (mentally) ... too fast of a screenplay that makes u dizzy, unbelievable super natural fake action scenes, too much in your face stuff and way too saturated for my liking

Agree with you.

I thought the same as you once. But OTT has opened my eyes.I have come to realize that every industry makes all kinds of movies. It's only the commercial potboilers which get known outside a particular state. But that doesn't mean the industry does not make successful,subtle, well written movies in other genres too. Bollywood romcoms are abysmal these days. It looks as if they have handed out that genre to the TV folks. But Telugu industry makes some beautiful rom-coms. Malayalam industry makes wonderful slice-of-life films. As for Tamil, PS 1&2 was brilliant. While Bollywood has been neglecting Aishwarya, she shone in as the main lead Nandini who manipulates,builds up conspiracies and engages in a blood feud with her ex. Bhansali can learn a thing or two from Mani Ratnam about staying within the budget, using nature wisely and not just put up sets for everything and using melodrama sparsely.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

The problem is that we don't hear about the failed movies in the South.....for every RRR, Pushpa how many movies failed?? It is an illusion.....for BW we are getting the data for every single movie......because people like Taran Adarsh give data for every BW movie....but only for the movies with megastars from South......we don't know the ratio....

Atleast this is how I see it.....and I might be totally wrong.......but I don't see South movies bailing BW......apni khud ki industry ko bail kar lein....wahi bahut hai...

South India has 4 prominent movie industries which are rich and prominent on their own, just like Hindi movie industry, without being clubbed together. But if you were to talk about all of them together then Bollywood is simply no match. The thing is each of the industries is armed with exceptional writers, cinematographers, Directors, musicians and lyricists all who come up with original ideas- something that the so called Bollywood is severely lacking. Plus they are not dependent on 60 year olds to tell their big stories because they have actors of all age groups who are capable of telling different stories from romance to thrillers to drama to melodrama.

In 2023 there were 4 big movies in BW out of which 2 are by the South Indian directors. If the Hindi cinema doesn’t see the mess that they are in, then it’s their own loss. This is not about oneupmanship here. It is about the lives of several hundreds of people whose livelihoods are dependent on it.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Romantic films was done recently in Bollywood by varun, Vicky, kartik and other male actors. The reason why the romantic comedy films was not a huge thing is because of the money they made. It’s all about the box office numbers along with whichever actors audience like to see. I have no idea why people have problems with 60 years old actors getting success and working? They are working in less movies than young male actors. Just because fans of rs and rk wants every movie to go to them, it’s not fair for people like me who is avoiding rs rk movie to be forced to watch them on screen. Just because young male actors are not superstars, we can’t blame the 60 year old male actors for working. Even in the south, they have older male superstars. Let people enjoy and watch whoever they like. It’s a fact that so many different types of movies are made with different actors and different age groups but audience likes what they like. I think it’s great south directors directing movies.

loginidran thumbnail

Umm…the problem is not 60 year olds still working. Why would anyone blame them for doing their work? The problem is the industry not being able to produce any younger actors who can be reliable. And that is not just one problem plaguing the Hindi movie industry. Lack of good writers, amongst the others, is the biggest one which needs to be tackled right away. I was speaking as a movie fan , be it of any language or format, then a fan of any one particular actor.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I do agree we need more young men who are good looking, great actors, great personalities with star quality to debut, I believe in June or July newcomer male leads are debuting so let’s see how they do. I also agree great writers and great directors are needed.

Originally posted by: Clochette

I haven't watched it yet (although it's one of Ram Charan's dad great successes).

So, if you've watched the movie you can tell me what was "cringe" in your opinion and I'm warned smiley1

Well, I find Bollywood movies cringe too smiley36

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: TheMinion

Well, I find Bollywood movies cringe too smiley36

Great! So now I'm quite confident that I'll like Indra smiley2.

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Great! So now I'm quite confident that I'll like Indra smiley2.

If you have decided to watch, just be prepared to get a headache. Chiranjeevi has done some of the best movies in all the genres playing most versatile roles with complete conviction but I heard Indra is one of his weaker movies. If you want to get an idea of his peak mass movies, I suggest you watch Atthaku yamudu ammayiki mogudu, jagadeka veerudu athiloka Sundari, Yamudiki Mogudu, Veta, Donga - well too many to list but you can start with these.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: loginidran

If you have decided to watch, just be prepared to get a headache. Chiranjeevi has done some of the best movies in all the genres playing most versatile roles with complete conviction but I heard Indra is one of his weaker movies. If you want to get an idea of his peak mass movies, I suggest you watch Atthaku yamudu ammayiki mogudu, jagadeka veerudu athiloka Sundari, Yamudiki Mogudu, Veta, Donga - well too many to list but you can start with these.

Thanks for the recommendations smiley27

Edit: I just verified...I've Donga already on my to-watch-list smiley1I'll take a look for the others...

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago