Imran Khan slams Animal and Vanga - Page 9

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: naaznin

Does anyone liked animal🤔

How did movie became blockbuster

For a commercial action movie in Bollywood, it could be the violence, the women and/or the music smiley32

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I mean .. the IK stans ke arguments are starting to get a bit too much

The dude had a very basic career. He might be remembered for his 2-3 rom coms, but as per "his standards" he has done plenty of questionable stuff

Kidnap mein he kidnaps a girl to get revenge on her dad. And then has a happy ending.

Delhi Belly was an adult comedy with the most colorful language and DK Bose probably influenced the youth back then way more than Animal could today.

Its okay to critique a movie and not like a movie. But trying to take the high road by saying stuff like "I am not okay with guns solving the problem" is such bs and super hypocritical of him

Originally posted by: naaznin

Does anyone liked animal🤔

How did movie became blockbuster

Movie going public exists .. out of these chaar diwari of the forum

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I mean .. the IK stans ke arguments are starting to get a bit too much

The dude had a very basic career. He might be remembered for his 2-3 rom coms, but as per "his standards" he has done plenty of questionable stuff

Kidnap mein he kidnaps a girl to get revenge on her dad. And then has a happy ending.

Delhi Belly was an adult comedy with the most colorful language and DK Bose probably influenced the youth back then way more than Animal could today.

Its okay to critique a movie and not like a movie. But trying to take the high road by saying stuff like "I am not okay with guns solving the problem" is such bs and super hypocritical of him

IKR. I mean I like him but what’s with him suddenly taking the high road and trying to be all holier than thou? It’s okay to have an opinion, but like you said, didn’t he play a problematic character in that film where he kidnapped a girl, mentally tortured her while keeping her captive, and still getting a happy ending since we are supposed to sympathise with his character? I guess according to him that’s not glorifying a literal stalker/kidnapper, but since it’s his film it’s all cool right?I know BW portrays and glorifies a lot of wrong stuff, but where do we draw the line? How do we decide what to show and what not to show smiley14
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Didn't Imran say something like that he is happy that the series was canned and that he hasn't to do the violence in the movie as he is against 'to solve a problem with a gun'?

Maybe he just tried to turn something negative for him (no work, not getting renumeration) into something seemingly positive?

Anyways, with or without mentioning his uncle, his life doesn't seem to be easy at the moment.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/imran-khan-says-failure-of-katti-batti-made-him-quit-the-industry-9280223/

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: rckRadhe

One should be able to train one's kids properly, and not depend on any movie industry to raise one's children. Parents are totally responsible for what their children consume. Taapsee is fully aware of this smiley4

Adults get inspired by such movies as well. This type of movies should not be made. It will teach men to be more violent and aggressive. There are many such men who get inspired by these stupid movies.

Already many gore type of movies/content have polluted the OTT.

Edited by DivineAngel - 6 months ago

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

Adults get inspired by such movies as well. This type of movies should not be made. It will teach men to be more violent and aggressive. There are many such men who get inspired by these stupid movies.

Already many gore type of movies/content have polluted the OTT.

So why not criticize the OTT folks who indulge in these shows? Why is Animal being singled out here? Because it actually has a visual success tag attached to it - 500cr at BO?

Why not criticise OTT content which is equally if not more popular than Animal with the current generation - Sacred Games, Mirzapur, Ashram, etc. have some of the most obscene and questionable content. Lekin comment sabko Animal par hi karna hai?

And honestly, if an adult is getting inspired by Animal to do animalistic things, then even without animal he would end up doing the same things - just needs a different trigger point. This is such a bs excuse to place blame on external factors rather than society owning up to its own problems

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Didn't Imran say something like that he is happy that the series was canned and that he hasn't to do the violence in the movie as he is against 'to solve a problem with a gun'?

Maybe he just tried to turn something negative for him (no work, not getting renumeration) into something seemingly positive?

Anyways, with or without mentioning his uncle, his life doesn't seem to be easy at the moment.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/imran-khan-says-failure-of-katti-batti-made-him-quit-the-industry-9280223/

Its cool that he is able to address whatever existential crisis he is going through. But it is also a very privileged thing - he is able to do it because he has the financial security from doing all those movies he did thanks to his Maamu.

You think someone like Rajkumar Rao (who has more talent in his toenail than IK will in his whole career) can afford to take a break to address their personal crisis or breakdown - he will have to continue to work through it because being an actor is his day job. He might also be passionate about it, but he still has to do the grind of showbiz to be relevant and have financial stability.

Clochette thumbnail

In the long run, movies and video games have an influence on human behaviour...in another way than books have.

As Imran talked about violence, it is clear that - when not reflected - violent behaviour and conflict solutions often seen in movies will support own violent tendencies when reacting on frustrations/problems.

Although knowing deep down that violent behaviour usually is wrong , own childhood experiences, learned mindsets (among others through movies and videogames) and emotional stress give 'fine excuses'...

Clochette thumbnail

To me, too, it seems ridiculous to refer to Animal alone when it comes to unabashed showing of violence.

Anyways, Imran didn't "slam Animal"...that is just assumed in the topic title (which I don't find okay).

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago