Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Posted: 6 months ago

But how did the discussion divert from Animal to Padmavat?😂

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Bollywood making people drop their birth names to make them sound more acceptable is as old as the industry itself. Madhubala, Meena Kumari, Dharamendra, Dilip Kumar, the Ganguly brothers come to mind.

Weird thing to hold onto while trying to criticise his arguements about a different topic altogether.

There are different reasons to change the birth name into an artist's name, right?

Madhubala didn't profit from a relative's name, neither did Dilip Kumar nor Meena Kumari...they chose screen names (or got them).

Dharmendra just used his first name and skipped the rest.

Ashok, Anoop and Kishore Kumar shed the family name Ganguly and invented the Kumar (Kishore also changed his name Abhas in Kishore) as additional name to use it in filmbusiness. There, too, was no familial relationship to a famous film-personality named Kumar.

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

Because of something Swara Baskar wrote...and Swara came into the picture because of "slamming" something concrete in a movie (Padmavat).

I read this little conversation with interest and like the input Blueeeee gave (it's always special to me to get this kind of input).

There indeed is a difference between reading original sources/scolar books and popular/school history books...depending on a country's politics latter often change the content...

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: Clochette

Because of something Swara Baskar wrote...and Swara came into the picture because of "slamming" something concrete in a movie (Padmavat).

I read this little conversation with interest and like the input Blueeeee gave (it's always special to me to get this kind of input).

There indeed is a difference between reading original sources/scolar books and popular/school history books...depending on a country's politics latter often change the content...

I like Blueeeee's posts too in general. He/she is one of the sensible members here.

But jauhar and how queens/royal women were kidnapped by those kings/emperors is a known fact.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Just going by this quote

"Films where heroes shoot 7 people in the head & their heads explode to music, trying to make it "cool," I don't want to play a character who solves problems with a gun""

Reminds me of the first Kingsman where the heads explode to beautifully choreographed music

Kingsman Explode GIF - Kingsman Explode Head GIFs

Clochette thumbnail

Maybe Imran has watched this movie, too, and thought of that scene in the interview.

I think, he made this up because a planned spy-thriller webseries with him was cancelled...

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

discussions divert though topic is more on violence n sexualization n we just thinking it’s about this movie though imran to his credit didn’t mention this movie only the joker but the only other movie that glorified violence/xxx was this movie because in the other movies the characters were considered heroes not villians so they were encountering villians not just taking laws in their own hands without consequences. In this movie the police don’t even show up there is no law n order n the villians just roam n just trash each other smiley37with hatchets or fists 90s style. Pathan/jawan was under cover correcting the wrongs in society. Tiger3 a spyverse movie who was a raw agent as well also trashing villians and clearing his name. Gardar 2 sunny paaji n dhai kilo ka haath was beating up villians n goons n to get his son back ( the hand pump was iconic). These were last years top action movies. So who does it point too that showed the character in negative light like the joker who too was had traumatic childhood n took law into own hands ?
Edited by wat_up - 6 months ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

If not for scores of people trashing and amplifying it, Animal would've gone back to the sewer it came from.

This would then amount Animal to be sewage worth over 900 cr in value ... wouldn't it? smiley4

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Just going by this quote

"Films where heroes shoot 7 people in the head & their heads explode to music, trying to make it "cool," I don't want to play a character who solves problems with a gun""

Reminds me of the first Kingsman where the heads explode to beautifully choreographed music

Kingsman Explode GIF - Kingsman Explode Head GIFs

he might be referring to just that !! We don’t know we just guessing n discussing.
Edited by wat_up - 6 months ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

IK has a delusional concept of what Bollywood is. He doesn't even want to have an open mind to the intricate marketing blue-print involved in making a huge commercial-entertainment film. Some sort of violence has always been the appetizer in huge action-commercial-films.

Edited by rckRadhe - 6 months ago