Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 months ago

Am so happy that Pari got a chance to live her dream through this movie.Even if her screen time was less she got to sing so many songs for the movie that too under the guidance of AR Rehman.That must have been extremely satisfying for her.Also she did complete justice to the songs.smiley27

noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

What an amazing movie! It really stays with you after! I have always loved Imitiaz's work, even loved Jab Harry Met Sejal, and also certain parts of LAK2. But honestly, this movie is testament of how actors make a movie, and how some directors are able to extract best performance from an actor. This is Diljit's movie through and through and he doesn't disappoint; Parineeti was excellent too; I was pleasantly surprised by her singing as well. Being a Punjabi, I thought I wouldn't like that the movie was mostly in Hindi but honestly a good storytelling transcends language.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

The praise the movie (filmmaker, cast and crew) gets now was not really expected...maybe it was the most sure deal...basically, Chamkila isn't Mainstream Cinema and, in addition, Imtiaz hasn't really a boxoffice-success-story (baring JWM and LAK).

I'm mighty happy for him getting this praise from audience and critics. That's what counts.

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: noorsand

l. Being a Punjabi, I thought I wouldn't like that the movie was mostly in Hindi but honestly a good storytelling transcends language.

Same. I was surprised to see how authentic they kept it.. showing us actual footage of Chamkila's life. I am truly impressed!!

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Parineeti gained 15kg for the movie and actually looked pregnant in scenes when Amarjot was pregnant

BBOTT thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Really good movie. Effectively makes a point about the said person and society. Performances were amazing. The direction was on point. Loved the singing. Parineeti is back. I think this movie made me feel Diljit is a good actor, until then I never took him seriously.

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4