Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 months ago

LOVEDDD IT

This movie is a masterpiece. What a glorious comeback of Imtiyaz. Every scene has depth and grip. His magic is back and it shone bright in every frame superbly elevated by sheer brilliance of diljit and an extremely natural and restrained parineeti.

Give this one a shot

4/5 stars

Edited by cougarTown - 6 months ago
MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This is the story of Elvis of Punjab..Amar Singh Chamkeela.smiley40

A wonderful rendition of a popular singer who sang vulgar songs which the people loved.Chamkeela is a delightfully engaging movie which is raw and rooted.The story will resonate very well with most of the people.

Imtiaz is back in form.Every frame is a treat to eyes.His gifted technique of storytelling elevates the viewing experience.His careful attention to the minutest details will transport you back to the 80’s era. And the flashbacks,the mix of the original videos and photos was very compelling as a viewer.The screenplay and aesthetics of the movie is perfect.smiley42

Coming to performances Diljit is the star of the movie.What a natural,subliminal performance.Pari brings a beautiful naivety to her role.I wish she had some more screen time.

Special mention to the guy who played Tikki.He was brilliant..an absolute treat.smiley32

And I loveeeed this part smiley27

“Jab tak hum hain tab tak stage pe hain

Aur jeete jee mar jaie,

Isse to acha hai marke zinda rahein.”smiley27

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

This film is a musical delight. It should have released in the cinema. I loved both Diljit and Parineeti she made the right choice signing this movie. I liked Amar’s determination and passion for his work even after the threats.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

LOVED IT!!!!

I loveD it so much I had tears in my eyes.

A musical masterpeice with superb performances. Pari especilalyis outstanding.

Imtiaz is BACK!!!!!

IT MADE MY DAY!!!!

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

LOVED IT!

Not a fan of Imtiyaz Movies and this one being a biopic , i was least interested to watch but thankfully i watched it during long flight to kill time and I loved it. Such a different and refreshing change from action movies. It is a pure musical bliss. Imtiyaz had such a solid story in hand and he did not disappoint. Everything is so subtly done that you do not get bored at all. All speculations that who may murder him were also shown very subtly. Wish they could get Amarjyot rights as well. Still her role was nice and she did great. It was good thing that she was replaced from Animal and got this. She got to sing legendary punjabi songs on screen. It is an honour, No one remember rashmika now for animal but it is going to be classic. If they could not get amarjyot rights else it is such a role of lifetime and nepo babies would have hogged it up but it is such a must watch movie , such a engaging concert type movie

Movie is a gem good job 👏 and Happy baishki to those celebrating 🥳

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Brilliant!!!

Near flawless direction from Imtiaz Ali !! Kudos to Daljit and Pari 👏👏 the music, the cinematography, special mention to the screenplay, just wow, everything just perfect! 💕

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

They made a huge mistake releasing it on OTT, it’s not going to get the recognition it could’ve had if it was a theatrical release