Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

It's a great watch... Imtiaz Ali is back with his rockstar erasmiley42Diljit obviously is the star and Parineeti, she is a beautiful actress🥰

One of the best parts I love about the movie is people not white washing him or making you sympathize with other characters because of his eccentricities (like in Sanju, it was either deho kitna Bichaara hai Sanju yaar see how bad his father and family has it) and they don't mind accepting that he did messed up stuff.

Love love love the ending, it's just harrowing... Wish the movie itself was a bit slow paced, Puri picture fast thi, end mein it just hits

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Rave reviews pouring in and Dalijit currently trending . Way to go . So sad movie not playing in theaters .

TheUnemployed24 thumbnail

I agree with members here. The best part about the movie is they don't try to whitewash Chamkila by portraying him as a bechara like the director tried in Sanju. He is portrayed as the very flawed man he was without any apologies. They very much accept he did messed up things and provide no bucket list of excuses for him. But at the same time manage to humanize him.

The film makes you ponder many questions? One is freedom of speech? The other is are we really in the right to judge others? Lastly who was Chamkila at his crux? A man trying to mislead society? Or a product of society itself? A large sector of society obviously enjoyed his music a lot. And doesn't every person in the entertainment industry want entertain or make what sells? All over it was a brilliant movie.

What a terrific performance by Diljit Dosanjh. Although, Shahrukh Khan calling Diljit the best actor in India after watching the movie might be a bit of an exaggeration. But this film showcased his talent exceptionally well. Parineeti also gave a very beautiful performance.

I have to say this movie was better then the Punjabi movie. Even though I loved the Punjabi movie too. I was crying at the end. But this film is just better made period. Even Diljit's work is at least twenty times better here. Although he rarely gives poor performances.

Edited by TheUnemployed24 - 6 months ago

This movie compared to what we got on Eid is smh

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Rave reviews pouring in and Dalijit currently trending . Way to go . So sad movie not playing in theaters .

Its Diljit not Daljit

1279338 thumbnail

Wonderful movie. 2 back to back amazing movies in a day. doesn't happen often. I won't say imtiaz is back as I liked all his movies till and including Harry Met Sejal. LAK2 is now proved an anomaly after watching Chamkila.

The aspect I love about Imtiaz Ali is how he portrays his lead characters as flawed and real, and how he subtly exposes the hypocrisy of society and societal norms which he has again beautifully done right till the last scene. For clarity, listen to the brilliant song 'Vida Karo'.

Parineeti is superb in her controlled performance and her high note singing. Special mention for the actor who plays Tiki. Great acting. But the movie rightfullly belongs to Diljit. Superlative in every frame and every scene. completely at home as a lead actor. we need more of him.

the animations, Hindi translations of punjabi songs on screen are beautifully presented. music is outstanding and fits the canvas of the movie to the tee. Still tapping on Main Hoon Panjab.....

Edited by RiddlerPump - 6 months ago
1279338 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briaahna

I read the BO performances of tamasha, harry sejal and lak2 in a row deterred many producers/distributers from taking up an imtiaz ali project hence he signed up with netlfix quite early. i'm sure chamkila will bring him back to the big screen for his next