Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pardhaan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

What an amazing piece of writing here. Madhuri was no doubt the reigning queen of the 90s. How her films' success made an impact is also a good thing to read.

Thanks Billi for sharing this article 👍🏼

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

I think even after Madhuri, the level of stardom both Kat and Deepika enjoyed, no other actress in recent times has been able to achieve as of now.

dillibilli thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pardhaan

What an amazing piece of writing here. Madhuri was no doubt the reigning queen of the 90s. How her films' success made an impact is also a good thing to read.

Thanks Billi for sharing this article 👍🏼

Madhuri was ruling the 90s, much like a few male actors were also insecure because of her popularity.

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks for the article. Honestly, I just think that for every era, there has been a top actress. for some time, Vidya Balan, Deepika, Kareena (when she acted with all the khans) but the only actress who really in terms of box office has demanded the same price as a hero has been Sridevi. Despite Madhuri being a star she was never paid or billed as much as the hero.

In Khuda Gawah, Sridevi wanted equal pay as Amitabh, and she said she would play daughter and mother and her name must be billed before AB in the credits and she got that. Unfortunately after roop ki Rani flopped, she never enjoyed that status again.

what is actually even more interesting is that Madhuri is the last generation of actress who stopped acting after marriage. No actress after her had to do that. That is also some progress.

So Madhuri didn’t really change anything, or bring in any new thinking. She was a phenomenal actress, a star in her own right, but not a change maker in any way.

dillibilli thumbnail

Originally posted by: columbia

Thanks for the article. Honestly, I just think that for every era, there has been a top actress. for some time, Vidya Balan, Deepika, Kareena (when she acted with all the khans) but the only actress who really in terms of box office has demanded the same price as a hero has been Sridevi. Despite Madhuri being a star she was never paid or billed as much as the hero.

In Khuda Gawah, Sridevi wanted equal pay as Amitabh, and she said she would play daughter and mother and her name must be billed before AB in the credits and she got that. Unfortunately after roop ki Rani flopped, she never enjoyed that status again.

what is actually even more interesting is that Madhuri is the last generation of actress who stopped acting after marriage. No actress after her had to do that. That is also some progress.

So Madhuri didn’t really change anything, or bring in any new thinking. She was a phenomenal actress, a star in her own right, but not a change maker in any way.

I feel in those times, actresses were more focused on their work to give their best, whereas now some will work just to keep up the fame. The hunger to perform better is lacking in today's female stars.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Damn, I was getting a complex that someone can write longer essays than me. Then when I scrolled to the end I realized it was a copy-paste.

You have highly overestimated the reading and comprehension skills and overall patience of this forum.

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: dillibilli

I feel in those times, actresses were more focused on their work to give their best, whereas now some will work just to keep up the fame. The hunger to perform better is lacking in today's female stars.

yes I do think you have a very very good point. In the sense, so much effort and work has gone more into perception than getting better at acting, I agree.

dillibilli thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

You have highly overestimated the reading and comprehension skills and overall patience of this forum.

This I realized later 😆

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Ye thread banane ki gustaakhi kisne ki?

Who has made this thread?

dillibilli thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Ye thread banane ki gustaakhi kisne ki?

Who has made this thread?

Me. such a pretty madhuri gif. Any problem?