Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1159628 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: kankabhor

Ohh so we are still not comfortable with the pairs where actresses look older than actors?? By default such pair is not good or doesn’t have chemistry, is it? And we talk about feminism, female dominant roles, equal pays etc.

This is such a deeply rooted in our psyche that girl MUST look younger than guy, it just seems so difficult to get past that.

Like I said the movies are still great but I think the pairings are just better when the actresses don't look older than the men (with men if they look too old too its also a problem and even worse see SRK & Salman with Anushka which is way worse than they were with Madhuri).

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I do not think madhuri looked like elder to SRK and salman but may be to amir as he looked boy kind

Than what you all will say about sridevi and salman or srk

Women mature soon talk mature dress mature carry themslves better

So may be you felt madhuri is elder to khans

Madhuri never looked elder to akshay kumar or ajay when she acted with them

Maduri started in 1984 these three in 1990s

Juhi and madhuri both were same age sridevi slightly older to them

But i think juhi looked fab with amir and srk not with anil kapoor or sunny deol

Madhuri looked fab with anil sanjay dutt and may be salman(hahk)

kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Journey95

Like I said the movies are still great but I think the pairings are just better when the actresses don't look older than the men (with men if they look too old too its also a problem and even worse see SRK & Salman with Anushka which is way worse than they were with Madhuri).

Exactly, we as a society still want our actresses and girls to look younger than actors/partners in real life. This is not at all right attitude and approach towards equality. Yes, too old men also don’t look good but here the emphasis is on TOO OLD.

This comes directly from our patriarchal society where you hardly see any real life couple where woman is older or rather look older. Our laws are also discriminatory where girls age for marriage is 18 and boys legal age is 21. This doesn’t make sense and in fact shows that we don’t really want our girls to be graduated/financially independent before getting married. They should just be physically fit to bear a child.

Edited by kankabhor - 2 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Yeah Madhuri was s00000 old dude.

She looked like Salman's bhabhi and Aamir's chachi.

Madhuri Dixit Bollywood GIF - Madhuri Dixit Bollywood Madhuri - Discover & Share GIFs

I prefer when the man looks hot and hunky 50 and the girl is young fresh virgin 15 types.

Madhuri Dixit turns 51: These Madhuri Dixit GIFs Will Put a Smile on Your Face

Oldhuri would look best with Dilip Kumar's dad or Dadasaheb Phalke, technically speaking.

forever yours, nocturnal me — chameli: MADHURI DIXIT in Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Just did some sleuthing guys and guess what... turns out Madhuri IS likely at least around 2-3 years older than she claims, quite possibly even more (as unbelievable as that may seem considering her appearance now ).

Madhuri's wiki page says she completed her 12th standard and went on to begin a degree in biology, but dropped out a few months into the course, and it was AFTER this that she decided to pursue acting full time.

But if you just glance at her filmography, you can see that she was acting continuously from 1984-1986, doing at least one film every year.

Now according to the same wiki page, Madhuri was 17 when she debuted in 1984, and shooting for her debut film itself would have likely started at least a year before in 1983, when she would have been 16 (according to wiki).

So are we supposed to believe that she was doing her 10th, 11th, 12th standard exams, and starting a degree whilst continuously shooting for films? 🤓

If we go by these dates then Madhuri was actually at least 19-20 when she debuted... and I say "at least" because it's pretty unlikely that an unconnected outsider (however pretty/talented) would have got offered a lead role in a film as soon as they make the decision to start going to auditions, etc.

So yeah, to conclude, it is very possible that MD is actually a little older than the Khans 😆.

Anjalika01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kankabhor

Ohh so we are still not comfortable with the pairs where actresses look older than actors?? By default such pair is not good or doesn’t have chemistry, is it? And we talk about feminism, female dominant roles, equal pays etc.

This is such a deeply rooted in our psyche that girl MUST look younger than guy, it just seems so difficult to get past that.

For me it's not about the male/female thing but rather staying authentic to the story, characters, etc. ...

Like a pairing where one actor looks significantly older than the other is perfectly ok if (along with having the right chemistry of course), the story is actually about an age gap relationship.

But having someone who looks 35 play an innocent-cutesy young girl type role, and dress for the same- or worse- having someone who looks 55 dress and act like a guy in his mid 20s, romancing a girl who is actually around that age group just feels so awkward and off.

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

Just did some sleuthing guys and guess what... turns out Madhuri IS likely at least around 2-3 years older than she claims, quite possibly even more (as unbelievable as that may seem considering her appearance now ).

Madhuri's wiki page says she completed her 12th standard and went on to begin a degree in biology, but dropped out a few months into the course, and it was AFTER this that she decided to pursue acting full time.

But if you just glance at her filmography, you can see that she was acting continuously from 1984-1986, doing at least one film every year.

Now according to the same wiki page, Madhuri was 17 when she debuted in 1984, and shooting for her debut film itself would have likely started at least a year before in 1983, when she would have been 16 (according to wiki).

So are we supposed to believe that she was doing her 10th, 11th, 12th standard exams, and starting a degree whilst continuously shooting for films? 🤓

If we go by these dates then Madhuri was actually at least 19-20 when she debuted... and I say "at least" because it's pretty unlikely that an unconnected outsider (however pretty/talented) would have got offered a lead role in a film as soon as they make the decision to start going to auditions, etc.

So yeah, to conclude, it is very possible that MD is actually a little older than the Khans 😆.

Makes sense, always thought it was strange that she was supposed to be Juhi Chawla's age who looked way younger throughout the 90s. Of course some people just have a more mature look but still it seemed like there was a few years difference between Madhuri and Juhi/the Khans.

She has aged pretty well though.

Anjalika01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

Makes sense, always thought it was strange that she was supposed to be Juhi Chawla's age who looked way younger throughout the 90s. Of course some people just have a more mature look but still it seemed like there was a few years difference between Madhuri and Juhi/the Khans.

She has aged pretty well though.

Same, especially in DTPH and that film with both Shahrukh and Salman where SRK thinks she is cheating on him with Salman (can't remember the name 😆) etc. ... basically all films she did from that late 90s-early 00s period.

Tbf in earlier films with the same Khans like Dil and HAHK it didn't show that much, like she really looked like someone of around the same age who just has a more mature look...

But pairing her with Salman or Aamir just 5-10 years later would only have worked if she was playing an older divorcee woman or something 😆

Even with SRK who wasn't baby-faced like other two Khans, Madhuri looked too old and miscast for her role in DTPH.

But yeah I agree she looks great now though, in fact better than many who are younger than her even.

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago
566912 thumbnail

No she didn’t.

Madhuri >>>>> Khans.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

My ex-boyfriend's ex-wife's neighbour's ex-dadi-ma used to go to college with Madhuri's cousin's sister's son and she told me that Madhuri was born in 1937.. she is in fact related to Durga Khote's chai-wali's ghost, my dog's uncle used to see them in Filmistan Studios back in the day working as cleaners. Confirmed.Madhuri Dixit in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun | Madhuri dixit, Top 10 bollywood actress, Retro bollywood