Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

642126 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Khans and Akki nowhere look like they are in their late 30s.

They visibly look 50 plus.

No amount of special effects can make them look like 30s.

Amused how men are never called aged even in 50s but women are labeled aged under 30 itself.

But I agree, earlier standards of looks and physique were different and there was no botox or surgeries to look younger. So actors ended up looking older or wound up as leads earlier and did dad roles.

I am not gonna call Hema Malini aged or mom material just because of weight gain post 2 kids. She was too young to play mom to Rishi Kapoor and I am glad that crap film flopped.

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: harun98

Hema Malini as beautiful as she was aged quickly also, i think most of the actors and actresses aged quicker compared to now, maybe because the medical advancement was less advanced compared to today, because same khans and akki and ajay look in their late 30s than 50s whilst bigB, Vinod Khan, Mithun da, for example looked in their 50s at 40 years than 40s, BigB looked in his 60s during late 80s and early 90s, how times change.

Jaya Prada was the most aged looking in her 20s compared to any other actresses and looked awful in western clothes or western dance and just didn't have longevity compared to sridevi, she just didn't look right with her pairing with younger heroes who were the same age of 1 year or 2 years older than her. Govinda and her were the same age and had more chemistry as bhabi dewar than a lover.

That's why Amitabh started to play side character roles sooner, he was aging a lot in the 90s and looked awful with the popular actresses of that decade. So he did Mohabbtein and K3G. Meanwhile the Khans or Akshay & Ajay will be playing lead roles at least throughout this decade. No way are SRK or Akshay suddenly going to play Ranveer's father lol

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: harun98

I think aamir would of looked suitable had he worked with younger sridevi who was babyfaced as by 90s she matured.

Aamir was offered to work with Sridevi in early 90s and they did a photo shoot together.

I guess he knew he'd be unable to hold his own against her charisma and screen presence which is why he declined, after already having been overshadowed by Madhuri also in Dil.

It is not just about age IMO. People want hero to dominate and heroine to be more vulnerable. Can't stand it if heroine is more charismatic or is a bigger star with greater screen presence and more self assured performance as actor.

Aamir did not choose Nandita Das despite Ashutosh's suggestion for Lagaan either because he wanted a more naive face and felt Nandita 'looked too intelligent' for the role, so he settled for Gracy Singh.

Half the times it is not age but the lack of vulnerability which people perhaps dislike or miss in actresses above 25.

I laughed when someone called Vidya Balan too old in Parineeta some years ago despite the fact she is younger than both Sanjay and Saif.

Men are 'in their 30s' even at 56 while women are 'old' above 25 itself.

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

That's why Amitabh started to play side character roles sooner, he was aging a lot in the 90s and looked awful with the popular actresses of that decade. So he did Mohabbtein and K3G. Meanwhile the Khans or Akshay & Ajay will be playing lead roles at least throughout this decade. No way are SRK or Akshay suddenly going to play Ranveer's father lol

Exactly my point, not only bigb even vinod khanna, dharmendra jackie shroff and sanjay dutt aged so quickly and suited playing father roles whilst khan or akki and ajay would look odd playing ranveer or ranbirs father lol they just don't have appearance yet.

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Aamir was offered to work with Sridevi in early 90s and they did a photo shoot together.

I guess he knew he'd be unable to hold his own against her charisma and screen presence which is why he declined, after already having been overshadowed by Madhuri also in Dil.

It is not just about age IMO. People want hero to dominate and heroine to be more vulnerable. Can't stand it if heroine is more charismatic or is a bigger star with greater screen presence and more self assured performance as actor.

Aamir did not choose Nandita Das despite Ashutosh's suggestion for Lagaan either because he wanted a more naive face and felt Nandita 'looked too intelligent' for the role, so he settled for Gracy Singh.

Half the times it is not age but the lack of vulnerability which people perhaps dislike or miss in actresses above 25.

I laughed when someone called Vidya Balan too old in Parineeta some years ago despite the fact she is younger than both Sanjay and Saif.

Men are 'in their 30s' even at 56 while women are 'old' above 25 itself.

I think height factor also played a role as sridevi was 5ft 6 or 7 and aamir is 5ft 5.5 i think also she 2 years older than the khan's.

642126 thumbnail

So what if she is 2 years older?

If actresses can work opposite decade older men then why actors cannot work with a heroine year or two older? Or same age?

Sridevi worked with Salman in Chand ka Tukda and SRK in Army. Would you say she looked older than Salman and SRK?

Height issue could be there. But is Sridevi indeed taller than Aamir?

Juhi is also taller than Aamir but he worked with her wearing those in soles which made him look comparable to her in height. He found Juhi easy to work with because she was non threatening to him and not a senior or bigger star.

642126 thumbnail

Stop their botox and let them sport their natural look without hair colour, liposuction et al and Khans, Ajay, Akki can very much do dad roles now.

They look old and have been looking visibly wrinkled since 2005 itself.

I guess some people want them to work for ages as hero the way that grandpa Rajinikanth still tries to play hero opposite girls younger than his daughters.

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Stop their botox and let them sport their natural look without hair colour, liposuction et al and Khans, Ajay, Akki can very much do dad roles now.

They look old and have been looking visibly wrinkled since 2005 itself.

I guess some people want them to work for ages as hero the way that grandpa Rajinikanth still tries to play hero opposite girls younger than his daughters.

They look in their mid 40s than 50's I would say, aamir looks more younger than all the actors, but veteran actors like BigB aged a lot quicker compared to 90s actors at same age, as I mentioned older actors started during time where medically less advanced compared to today and actors now take care of themselves a lot more than past actors thats why they still have the time to play lead roles. Its also changing for actresses, as even late 30s actresses are still playing leading role compared to before.

kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Ohh so we are still not comfortable with the pairs where actresses look older than actors?? By default such pair is not good or doesn’t have chemistry, is it? And we talk about feminism, female dominant roles, equal pays etc.

This is such a deeply rooted in our psyche that girl MUST look younger than guy, it just seems so difficult to get past that.

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

bhai topic ye hona chahiye:

where aamir, salman, srk too short n immature looking to match Superstar Diva Madhuri Dixit smiley36

Madhuri Dixit apni jagah perfect thi

Same with Raveena, aamir usko match nahi kar paa raha tha andaz apna apna mein height aur personality se

Aamir, srk toh Katrina k sath bhi acche nahi lagte, salman bhi thik thak lagta hai woh bhi kyonki dono ka history hai