Festival thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Festival thumbnail
1159628 thumbnail

In that scene & the last scene she looks better..but in others she looks older. look at her in this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvxXAZo1Hlg

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
Festival thumbnail
642126 thumbnail

It was not to look to complement Rishi Kapoor but to look like the pregnant woman she played in Prem Granth.

She was mother to a baby in Prem Granth. So it is only authentic if she gained weight or looked that part.

I guess people find Madhuri overweight in DTPH because of contrast with Karisma who was naturally skinny and is still too skinny, gaunt for her age.

Having said that, Indian audience generally liked heroines to have some flesh on the bones and admired voluptuous bodies which is why well endowed actresses became successful earlier.

The fad for size zero or flat, washboard abs, chiselled faces in heroines came much later around late 2000s.

In 80s and 90s, someone like Sonakshi would not be considered fat or overweight either.

It is unfair to judge actresses of past based on standards we have now.

642126 thumbnail

That is your personal opinion. Rani looked like a teen and definitely too young opposite Khans. Revisit Aankho se tune yeh kya keh diya song in Ghulam or title song of KKHH. Khans are over a decade older than her and it shows.

In contrast, Abhishek, Vivek and Hrithik looked less older than her in Yuva, BAB, Mujhse dosti karoge, Saathiya.

Rani is particularly very young and naive looking in Ghulam, KKHH, Hello Brother, Badal- films she did in 1998-1999.

She looked mature only in later films like KANK, The Rising, Talaash, Chalte Chalte etc.

I would even say Kareena looked younger and Khans looked better with Karisma in 90s.

Kareena is specifically too young and naive looking in Asoka. And I am glad in K3G she was cast opposite Hrithik and not SRK.

I like Khans better with Kajol, Karisma rather than Rani, Preity or Kareena or Deepika, Anushka now.

It's probably an ingrained bias to prefer heroine to be younger and younger. Or suddenly call even a young woman mature.

Anyway, in my opinion, not a single scene of SRK with Rani, Preity or Ash is as sizzlingly romantic as the Aur paas scene in DTPH with Madhuri.

Audience did like Madhuri with Khans which is why her films with Khans are bigger hits than films they did with Juhi (who is hyped only online but was never a big star in real life at any point of time, definitely never even close to Madhuri).

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

It's the same case with Sonakshi. Some women do look older than the male lead though they must be decades younger. Sonakshi looked elder to Shahid as Shahid still has a childlike face. Even Ajay looked younger than her 😆

Even Bipasha had the same feaures.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Audience did like Madhuri with Khans which is why her films with Khans are bigger hits than films they did with Juhi (who is hyped only online but was never a big star in real life at any point of time, definitely never even close to Madhuri).

Your dissing Juhi here 😆

Tho I did always like Lolo more

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Journey95

In that scene & the last scene she looks better..depends on the makeup she has. But look at her in this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvxXAZo1Hlg

this nightie outfit was horrible, anyone would look horrible in it.

when I first saw dtph, I felt manish malhotra had a plan to make madhuri look bad, so that karisma would shine. how ugly and ill fitting were some of her outfits. sridevi was never svelte but she never had such ill outfits from manish malhotra. every outfit of Madhuri's in dtph was 2 sizes too small and so much of a drab brown shade

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

That is your personal opinion. Rani looked like a teen and definitely too young opposite Khans. Revisit Aankho se tune yeh kya keh diya song in Ghulam or title song of KKHH. Khans are over a decade older than her and it shows.

In contrast, Abhishek, Vivek and Hrithik looked less older than her in Yuva, BAB, Mujhse dosti karoge, Saathiya.

Rani is particularly very young and naive looking in Ghulam, KKHH, Hello Brother, Badal- films she did in 1998-1999.

She looked mature only in later films like KANK, The Rising, Talaash, Chalte Chalte etc.

I would even say Kareena looked younger and Khans looked better with Karisma in 90s.

Kareena is specifically too young and naive looking in Asoka. And I am glad in K3G she was cast opposite Hrithik and not SRK.

I like Khans better with Kajol, Karisma rather than Rani, Preity or Kareena or Deepika, Anushka now.

It's probably an ingrained bias to prefer heroine to be younger and younger. Or suddenly call even a young woman mature.

Anyway, in my opinion, not a single scene of SRK with Rani, Preity or Ash is as sizzlingly romantic as the Aur paas scene in DTPH with Madhuri.

I suppose its just preference but I don't see how Rani looks like a "teen" in this song for an example or how SRK looks that much older. Both fit very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzd4bma3QNo

While I agree about Kareena (her pairing with SRK in Asoka was lacking) Rani and Preity have amazing chemistry with SRK. Movies like Veer Zaara and Chalte Chalte show that very well. Salman also worked well with them in movies like Chori Chori chupke Chupke.

Aur Paas scene is good, can't deny that. Her look in DTPH seems inconsistent, in some scenes she looks older (pyar kar song for an example) and then in some younger (aur paas or when they rehearse their play). And Juhi was definitely a big star, just not on the level of Madhuri which is rare to achieve. She had successful movies with the SRK and Aamir like QSQT, Darr, Yes Boss, Ishq

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago