Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: priya185

I think Madhuri is much more beautiful than the khans except Salman and she doesn’t look older

I never thought about it like that. But you right!

I still like Mad + Bhai in HAHK though.❤️

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Normalise 'looking old or actually old' actresses working with young actors. We have seen far worse if genders are reversed.

1194442 thumbnail

I think she looked fine. She was in her late 20's in DTPH and had put on a bit more weight than her early 20s and teens. So, she looked too "old" to people who are used to watching actors paired up with prepubescent actresses who are still growing up.

Another reason she looked too "old" next to Aamir could be cuz he's 5'4" and could pass off as a teenager back then.

Salman isn't all that tall either and used to be pretty skinny, not buff, during HAHK days. He looked great with Bhagyahsree in MPK though cuz she was petite!

Shahrukh and her looked fine in DTPH and Anjaam to me.

She looked great with Akshay though, cuz he had the right stature for her.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

It’s cause she’s debuted before them.

sometimes stuff like that makes a difference

Hrithik is actually older than Kajol. But would that pairing fare well ?

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

The khans did look quite young in the 90s ..like almost late teens when they were in late 20s…

Salman and madhuri were Finnnnne in hahk…Salman had just the right amount of weight and wasn’t too skinny or too bulky..just right

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

It’s cause she’s debuted before them.

sometimes stuff like that makes a difference

Hrithik is actually older than Kajol. But would that pairing fare well ?

I think Hrithik/Kajol would have looked fine if the pairing happened in the early 2000s. She still looked really young in K3G. Now obviously it would look a bit off despite Hrithik being older

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I initially thought she looked older than Salman. But now that I look back, their pairing was good too. And even if she looked older than her male costars - its Ok. It is perfectly fine for men to romance women who are older or look older than them.

God knows we have been tortured with so many aging uncles romancing young enough to be their daughters or even granddaughters. If these uncles continue like this soon they will be romancing their great granddaughter's peers.

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I initially thought she looked older than Salman. But now that I look back, their pairing was good too. And even if she looked older than her male costars - its Ok. It is perfectly fine for men to romance women who are older or look older than them.

God knows we have been tortured with so many aging uncles romancing young enough to be their daughters or even granddaughters. If these uncles continue like this soon they will be romancing their great granddaughter's peers.

Obviously its fine overall, I still like HAHK and DTPH a lot. But SRK/Madhuri for an example don't have the same level of chemistry as SRK does with Kajol, Rani, Juhi etc. that's all.

This is also true if the actresses look too young, really dislike SRK's pairing with Anushka for an example (but with Deepika its fine because she has a more mature look so it depends)

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

It’s also because she was never really skinny or toned. So she looked a bit older by default.

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Madhuri had a very mature face even at a young age, she liked fantastic with anil though