Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

It's no different in HW... Geena Davis was denied a role in a movie cz the leading man said she was too old to play his romantic interest even though he was 20 yrs older than her

https://deadline.com/2022/01/geena-davis-decries-ageism-in-hollywood-was-told-she-was-too-old-for-role-1234908849/#comments

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Used to love this song...still do... she looks fine 👍, gorgeous 😍 here

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Wow the chemistry...I see the sexual tension between them. I thinks it's in the eyes of beholder.

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

I am only concerned about this ageism.

I mean Bollywood is ridiculous with its casting. Now I can see why industry is the way it is and why Hema Malini was cast as Rishi Kapoor's mom in Vijay though she is just 4 years older than him or why poor Nirupa Roy had to play mom to Dev Anand despite being 10 years younger than him.

Or why Aamir declined to work with Sridevi as he thought she would look older.

Imagine calling a woman 'old' looking even when she is under 30.

The ageism is screaming in this thread.

Atleast if someone had said Madhuri looked older in Devdas it made sense. But calling her older in Dil or HAHK and Anjaam itself is a stretch.

Your posts in this thread...👏

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Journey95

Yeah she definitely had some bad years before DTPH (basically just flop movies after 1994 which was her best year) but I think that DTPH still helped her in the long run. Its true Karishma overshadowed her and also had better chemistry with SRK but Madhuri was still praised and she got some more years as a female lead out of it (until 2002) since the movie was a huge blockbuster.

Don't think it would have been possible without it. After that she again mostly did flops but then Devdas came which got her some awards and was very popular. It was a good send off for her (until she did some bad comebacks).

For those of us who were there at the time, there is a clear and distinct difference of facts. 1995 was an incredible year for Madhuri Dixit. 1996 was weak. 1997 was another blockbuster like 1994.

In early 1995 Madhuri Dixit won Filmfare Award for Best Actress for the third time, winning more awards than any of her contemporaries or previous generation. She was by far the Numero Uno. Even in 1996 she was by far the highest paid actress. In early 1995 she signed DTPH. They began shooting for it that year too. She was THE most sought after actress. The buzz of HAHK was still fresh. Raja had the biggest openings of the year and was a HIT. She also got nominated for Yaraana. Which also contained iconic songs which are still played to this day. So yeah, in 1995 Madhuri Dixit was still sitting pretty on the throne. It was in 1996 when people started to write her off. But she came back with a bang the following year, and the haters been losing sleep ever since.

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

Its as simple as that the KHANS looks boyish in their 90s days and to be honest all the actress those days looks mature than them though they are either younger or slightly older than them

Womens mature faster thsn guys i don't tag it as old but mature in looks and these are extremely drop dead gorgeous that these KHANS looks boyish infront of them be it Madhuri Urmila Manisha Raveena Madhoo Juhi Neelam Bhagyashree Mamta Kulkarni Divya Bharti so its not only Madhuri but even other actress looks mature infront of them its just that chemistry clicks instead of the gorgeous ladies looking good with them its THEM looking good with the 90s drop dead gorgeous ladies the KHANS are nowhere near them

When i watch MPK HAHK Anjaam Dil QSQT Dil Tera Aashiq Sajaan Patthar Ke Phool Khamoshi Akele Hum Akele Tum Mann Chamatkar Jaanam Samjha Karo Yes Boss Duplicate Deewana and many more my eyes are fix on the ladies than them becos of their mature looks that gives extra glow to their strong screen presence

90s actress has very strong screen presence that they clicks to ur memory

Most films of the 90s are known for the actress even the songs rather than young boyish KHANS i am sorry they were props infront if these gorgeous mature ladies totally steal the hearts of every boys in the 90s

This strictly ny point of view becos during the 90s i don't find them attractive they look skinny & boyish i only like their hair since i have a strange liking for men with long hair slightly touching the collar. They were too boyish in the 90s

Why pick on Madhuri when all 90s actress looks mature and drop dead gorgeous that these 3 boys looks average infront of them

Gosh how gorgeous was Madhuri Raveena Urmila Divya Bharti Manisha Sridevi Meenakshi Sheshadri were in their 90s simply enthralling & breathtaking drop dead gorgeous

Their mature looks is their strength

Who the hell cares qbt young Akshay when Raveena was grooving to Tip Tip Barsa Pani or Salman in Tumse Hi Dekhte Hi

Who the hell cared abe young Salman SRK Aamir when Madhuri was gtooving to Didi Tera Devar Maye Na Maye Chaane Ki Khet even Neend Naa Aaye is known for her beauty or Dekha Hai Pehli Baar

Sridevi in Main To Hoon Pagal Munda

Manisha's beauty in Aaj Me Upar

They were mature but that holds their screen presence slowly these KHANS boys work on themselves

Now they look like Madhuri's uncles even thought they are on the same age or as everyone claims here Madhuri is older

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Tbh Madhuri has always looked old to me

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Tbh Madhuri has always looked old to me

Same here dude.

In her debut Abodh she looks at least 38.

Madhuri Dixit clocks 36 years in Bollywood; fans flood her with questions on debut film 'Abodh'

In HAHK I would estimate 45-50.

Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: The Bollywood superstar who changed the rules of the game | Entertainment News,The Indian Express

DTPH she was looking like my grandma's cousin who is 69+𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓮 on Twitter: "Madhuri Dixit in Dil to pagal hai... an actual dream https://t.co/KWzfmeM7WO" / Twitter

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Same here dude.

In her debut Abodh she looks at least 38.

Madhuri Dixit clocks 36 years in Bollywood; fans flood her with questions on debut film 'Abodh'

In HAHK I would estimate 45-50.

Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: The Bollywood superstar who changed the rules of the game | Entertainment News,The Indian Express

DTPH she was looking like my grandma's cousin who is 69+𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓮 on Twitter: "Madhuri Dixit in Dil to pagal hai... an actual dream https://t.co/KWzfmeM7WO" / Twitter

Aunty vibes

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

Most films of the 90s are known for the actress even the songs rather than young boyish KHANS i am sorry they were props infront if these gorgeous mature ladies totally steal the hearts of every boys in the 90s

Why pick on Madhuri when all 90s actress looks mature and drop dead gorgeous that these 3 boys looks average infront of them

Gosh how gorgeous was Madhuri Raveena Urmila Divya Bharti Manisha Sridevi Meenakshi Sheshadri were in their 90s simply enthralling & breathtaking drop dead gorgeous

They were mature but that holds their screen presence slowly these KHANS boys work on themselves

Now they look like Madhuri's uncles even thought they are on the same age or as everyone claims here Madhuri is older.

ICAM, especially with the last sentence. Karma bit the "boys" hard.