Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

My ex-boyfriend's ex-wife's neighbour's ex-dadi-ma used to go to college with Madhuri's cousin's sister's son and she told me that Madhuri was born in 1937.. she is in fact related to Durga Khote's chai-wali's ghost, my dog's uncle used to see them in Filmistan Studios back in the day working as cleaners. Confirmed.Madhuri Dixit in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun | Madhuri dixit, Top 10 bollywood actress, Retro bollywood

I don't mean it in a negative way, Madhuri is hardly the first actor or celebrity to do this πŸ˜†

In fact there could be a whole thread dedicated to age-fakers, there's probably that many πŸ˜†

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

She looked older because she was a senior actress. She already did multiple films before any of the Khans came into the scene.

She was also the bigger star in those films which resulted in her having a bigger aura compared to the Khans.

True although her career was declining a lot by the time DTPH came out so I'm not sure if she was the bigger star anymore. She justhad a more mature look overall

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Journey95

True although her career was declining a lot by the time DTPH came out so I'm not sure if she was the bigger star anymore. She justhad a more mature look overall

Not trying to be mean but she was pretty much done by DTPH. Forget SRK. She was overshadowed completely by Karishma Kapoor in that movie. It was a big blow to her in the long run.

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Not trying to be mean but she was pretty much done by DTPH. Forget SRK. She was overshadowed completely by Karishma Kapoor in that movie. It was a big blow to her in the long run.

Yeah she definitely had some bad years before DTPH (basically just flop movies after 1994 which was her best year) but I think that DTPH still helped her in the long run. Its true Karishma overshadowed her and also had better chemistry with SRK but Madhuri was still praised and she got some more years as a female lead out of it (until 2002) since the movie was a huge blockbuster.

Don't think it would have been possible without it. After that she again mostly did flops but then Devdas came which got her some awards and was very popular. It was a good send off for her (until she did some bad comebacks).

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

So that's that confirmed for sure then!

Just out of curiosity though, how much older exactly? Like was my estimate right πŸ˜†?

My aunt is 1962 born and she was 1-2 years junior.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

I don't mean it in a negative way, Madhuri is hardly the first actor or celebrity to do this πŸ˜†

In fact there could be a whole thread dedicated to age-fakers, there's probably that many πŸ˜†

There have been articles in local newspapers of Madhuri when she was performing at school functions as a kid, her age is given, and it aligns with her 1967 birth date.

So unless she was lying about her age at 7/8/9 then we have a false alarm didiMadhuri Dixit Birthday | Madhuri Dixit Childhood Pics | Madhuri Dixit Rare Pics | Madhuri Dixit Unseen Pics | Madhuri Dixit - Filmibeat

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

My aunt is 1962 born and she was 1-2 years junior.

So that would make her 3-4 years older, makes sense.

TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

What's with the forum and its age shaming. I mean Madhuri looks perfect for her age. She did then and now she looks even more amazing. Also she's one yesteryear actress whose popularity on SM remains unmatched. Her recent reel that she posted few months ago crossed 100m views. Havent seen this sort of a popularity for even the current gen actresses. Only on this forum I keep hearing bizarre comments about her and purposely trying to increase her age.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: TheAquaCapri

What's with the forum and its age shaming. I mean Madhuri looks perfect for her age. She did then and now she looks even more amazing. Also she's one yesteryear actress whose popularity on SM remains unmatched. Her recent reel that she posted few months ago crossed 100m views. Havent seen this sort of a popularity for even the current gen actresses. Only on this forum I keep hearing bizarre comments about her and purposely trying to increase her age.

There is lot of stuff here which happens only in this forumπŸ˜†

Ask anyone on street and no one will know of Samantha and Tripti but here they were presented as the big thing.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Don't think MD looked older than Khans in the movies

Even in Dil she didn’t look older than the then puny hero

But, there were always comments like - don't know how to put it - that gorgeous as she was, she starred looking older sooner or started to loose the bloom of the youth , the freshness sooner and at much faster rate than the others

The audience is so used to seeing nubile young girls with middle aged and older men onscreen that even if an actress gets a little older, it seems so obvious to them...