Madhuri Dixit: I wouldn't know about the casting couch practice becaus

1143173 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Madhuri Dixit is one of the most phenomenal actors in the Hindi film industry. She has been ruling hearts with her performances and killer smile for almost 3 decades now.

Madhuri Dixit is one of the most phenomenal actors in the Hindi film industry. She has been ruling hearts with her performances and killer smile for almost 3 decades now. She will be seen in a Marathi film, Bucket List.

Did she feel the same in her real life? "Of course. I am a wife and mother, and when my kids were younger and I was looking after them, I forgot about myself. I was not the centre of the universe anymore," said Madhuri.

"I have been clear in my head all my life that I'll do something if I feel like without fearing the consequences. People ask me why I married when I was at the top? I tell them I did so because I found the right man and the rest didn't matter, not even my career. I allowed my heart to take me places. Today, there is no dearth of exciting projects but I pick and choose, also based on the time I have at hand. I am currently part of Kalank, a Dharma production that also features Alia Bhatt. Sometimes, when I feel my kids and family need me, I take longer to pick up a new project," added the actor.

When asked about casting couch, she said, "I wouldn't know about the casting couch practice because I never heard of or experienced it. But I suppose today it makes a difference that people are willing to listen to a woman speaking; they back her up instead of targetting her. Women were probably more scared then."

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/madhuri-dixit-i-wouldn-t-know-about-casting-couch-practice-because-i-have-never-experienced-it-412454
Edited by mira30 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

640117 thumbnail
Sad how she and other actresses have to keep lying and denying about it due to fear and all. She's right though today actresses aren't targeted as much as before for speaking about casting couch and other dark practices, but hopefully there comes a day soon when they aren't scared anymore and not deny it anymore either.
F.I.T.B thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Then what were you doing in mud island with ...😛

when the director threatened to delay the film ... 😳

list goes on...😊
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
lies.. considering she worked with subash ghai In so many movies.. smh
Edited by dabang4life - 6 years ago
march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
in subhasg ghai movie n didn't hear about casting couch...lucky or liar
ChoclateLover thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
At least now she should have told the truth when she is out of the rat race and has nothing to loose 😳
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
When she was a part of it, why she would admit it...
1140816 thumbnail
Like Vidya Balan, Madhuri was quite a Decent woman in her REAL life, so if anybody didnot approach her it is believable. She had an air of Dignity n Reserve. Unlike her Onscreen persona.
So, i believe her.

I remember someone saying that the moment anyone tries to become too friendly to her, a wall used to come up around her. That is her Persona. She even ended up having an Arranged Marriage.

Edited by BlackPanther7 - 6 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
When people try so hard to deny something it always makes me cringe. Ok fine she's never done it but to say she's "never heard of it... lol yeah right!
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: BlackPanther7

Like Vidya Balan, Madhuri was quite a Decent woman in her REAL life, so if anybody didnot approach her it is believable. She had an air of Dignity n Reserve. Unlike her Onscreen persona.

So, i believe her.

I remember someone saying that the moment anyone tries to become too friendly to her, a wall used to come up around her. That is her Persona. She even ended up having an Arranged Marriage.

Yea, even I have heard and read the same since childhood...my mom wud also speak very highly of her... But I think most people here arent believing as she has worked with Subhash Ghai and he is known to use all his female leads... but Then even Aish has worked with him and she is also similar to Madhuri in terms of her personal life, I suppose... so maybe Ghai just made those girls compromise who were willing to do it...