Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sparkle232 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

I think ab is shown as someone who is kuve ka mendak. Tbh nobody in current gen will be like that. As kids now a days way too forward than their own parents. But for some reason the dkp's narrative is abhira is that kuve ka mendak who has no knowledge about how outside world is. She has no friends she does not know how other ppl are as mostlay ak faced them.

So she has no experience how things happen. Cloths even i felt she was feeling uncomfortable but everyone feels uncomfortable when they wear it for first time and eventually they will learn to be confident. She did it with her choice and nobody forced them. I feel because of kuve ka mendak mentality she had no experience on what she may face in that venue. If i think about it again in ab's hotel she does these tactics to keep her cutomer happy. Like immediate response to customer's demand is what she has learnt all these years so she may not think twice before doing it. But she did not expected the response to be that. Ideally ppl learn from their experience or exposure to outside world via movies or real time incidents but ab do not have that. I think it's also papi pet ka sawal hai. She had no money to have food. Dkp wanted to set this narrative that for food ppl goes above and beyond to earn money. Even many ppl are not comfortable in doing jobs which is considered as low job in outside world like sweeping, waiter job etc. But everyone are doing it for money and food. If a time comes where someone has to sell a tea in a stall and his family is dying out of hunger the person will choose to sell tea than dying out of hunger. So ab has to take steps to feed herself.

There is a movie called laagi chunri main daag where women get involved in prostitution to feed her family and to educate her sister. It was one of the good movie which shows how hunger and poority can make someone take steps even though they are uncomfortable with it.

She is shown as too naive who has no clue outside world as her world has only her mumma. She just tries something and it backfires. May be ak was too protective of ab after loosing abhir and abhimanyu. So she trapped her in her house like how rapunzel was trapped in the castle and had no clue about outside world.

I understand your point. But makers could have showed that party sequence without her wearing such dress or showed her wearing such dresses after party incident too. She wore such dress only during that time where she is clearly uncomfortable. It's not about dress being short. It's about her being uncomfortable in such dress. She very well knows why she was being sent to men's party.That was my whole point. At that time she was not in such situation where she needed money for food. She herself said she was going there to renovate her mother's farmhouse/ outhouse. She said if anything happens then armaan will save her. So what if armaan was not there to save her? Was it worth risking just for farmhouse money.

They didn't even focus on her trauma post that episode. That's different thing. It's makers who used such sensitive issue as a plot for leads scene.

If u see yhm, there you can see a scene where Ishita faced same kind of situation but she went to the party not knowingly. She was tricked. Her trauma was addressed properly. In rishta they showed just one scene and the next episode scene is abhira confessing her love.

Pixie-Dust thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sparkle232

Is it really her choice? It is her choice if she wore it by her own will not out of helplessness for money.

Your post is valid.

If she had wore it for her own self , to look good , feel good , it would have been fine.

But dressing oneself purely to appease people and get monetary benefit is cheap. She indeed objectified her self.

Edited by Pixie-Dust - 1 months ago
Sparkle232 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pixie-Dust

Short dress , saree , lehenga , suit kuch bhi ho agar koi bhi ladki apne khud ke liye pehne toh sahi hai. But a women wearing anything out of compulsion especially if she is not comfortable in it is indeed problematic, be it even a full length dress.

Exactly 💯. Should we act oblivious to the fact that why they made abhira wore such dress only during that time not before or after. Fufa sa calls her to go to men's party , she goes there by wearing short dress in which she is not at all comfortable. She knew what can happen there which is why she said armaan will take care if anything goes out of control. She did all that only because she needed money to renovate her mother's farm house.

People don't find anything problematic in it because they got leads scenes.

firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

I understand your point. But makers could have showed that party sequence without her wearing such dress or showed her wearing such dresses after party incident too. She wore such dress only during that time where she is clearly uncomfortable. It's not about dress being short. It's about her being uncomfortable in such dress. She very well knows why she was being sent to men's party.That was my whole point. At that time she was not in such situation where she needed money for food. She herself said she was going there to renovate her mother's farmhouse/ outhouse. She said if anything happens then armaan will save her. So what if armaan was not there to save her? Was it worth risking just for farmhouse money.

They didn't even focus on her trauma post that episode. That's different thing. It's makers who used such sensitive issue as a plot for leads scene.

If u see yhm, there you can see a scene where Ishita faced same kind of situation but she went to the party not knowingly. She was tricked. Her trauma was addressed properly. In rishta they showed just one scene and the next episode scene is abhira confessing her love.

yes dkp is just making mockery of all scenarios.

Like as you said there was not enough justification convince ppl why ab is in desperate need of money. As when she had her mummas home with her why didn't she take a loan on that and used that money? The dkp is changing narrative so often nobody knows what exactly every character wants.

Sparkle232 thumbnail

Your post is valid.

If she had wore it for her own self , to look good , feel good , it would have been fine.

But dressing oneself purely to appease people and get monetary benefit is cheap. She indeed objectified her self.

Thanks for understanding.

She dressed like that in exchange of money which is problematic. If she was in any life death kind of situation, that would have made sense.

I honestly don't hate this character. Just disappointed with the way she turned into post her character falling in love phase.smiley24

Edited for targeting fans

Edited by minakrish - 1 months ago
Pixie-Dust thumbnail

Thanks for understanding.

She dressed like that in exchange of money which is problematic. If she was in any life death kind of situation, that would have made sense.

I honestly don't hate this character. Just disappointed with the way she turned into post her character falling in love phase.smiley24

Yes , she was instructed to wear a specific dress for a particular event in return to get money which was her requirement at that time. She was well aware of the intention and purpose of why she was getting paid in the first place , still she went ahead for it.

Abheera no matter how much protected by her mother , wasn't living under an iceberg.

Edited quoted post

Edited by minakrish - 1 months ago
firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Yes , she was instructed to wear a specific dress for a particular event in return to get money which was her requirement at that time. She was well aware of the intention and purpose of why she was getting paid in the first place , still she went ahead for it.

Abheera no matter how much protected by her mother , wasn't living under an iceberg.

i am not understanding why dkp is setting that narrative that ab has no clue even about bank accounts. If she was in andaman nicobar and belonged to some tribao community i can still understand they have no exposure to these things as i heard some ppl still not used to outside world. In the world of internet they want to set narrative how dumb their fl is which is too much to tolerate.

Hi,

After reading all this I completely agree with you but ofcourse i don't agree with the clothes thing and no don't take it as i am defending Abhira or something no i am not i am speaking as in general.

You mentioned that Abhira was wrong because she wore a dress in which she was not comfortable and went to a party even after being completely aware what's going to happen there. But a person when it comes to feed herself or her family out of helplessness will do anything. Ofcourse there was alternative was available for her she can easily move out of city and can go to Poddar yelling at entire family and telling them their so called fufaji kand which she didn't which was wrong but here I am not talking about Abhira let just say instead of Abhira there was a bar dancer who does this in daily basis do you think that she enjoying her job or doing out of helplessness and even a prostitute enjoy her job. They both are not wrong even though they are not doing the job willingly but to feed there family. When this episode aired i at that time as well stated that even if Abhira went there unwillingly nobody has the right to even touch her without her concent even if the dancer was there the boys was wrong to misbehave there.

And again here i am talking about it as general POV that if she went there wearing something which she is not comfortable the only culprit of the situation was the Armaan friend who misbehaved.

I totally agree that if a girl wear something or do something out of helplessness is wring but that is the sad reality of the world there are situation which force them to do so. I mean if you have watched Rajkumar Rao trapped he was a pure vegetarian in the movie but to not die of hunger he eat a animal (i won't mention the animal as some people will puke if they read) that is again to survive his condition and Abhira condition was same. Abhira went there as a dancer to perform that's it the men had no right to misbehave. And it will be disrespect to dancers and prostitute. They do something then also they deserve respect.

Sorry if anything hurt you or i have spoke too much bhavnao main beh gayi but yaa i think i know what and why other people coming to you.

Dora-cakes thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

i am not understanding why dkp is setting that narrative that ab has no clue even about bank accounts. If she was in andaman nicobar and belonged to some tribao community i can still understand they have no exposure to these things as i heard some ppl still not used to outside world. In the world of internet they want to set narrative how dumb their fl is which is too much to tolerate.

@Bold That was the most ridiculous writing for a character which cvs were portraying as Today's generation Strong Independent woman Like The school which me n my siblings studied was a government school Still after 4th grade it was compulsory for all the students to have a bank account We were given forms to fill n we all as kids were so excited that we'll have our own Money as parents going to bank is for money is what we understood back then n We were taught from 4-5 th grade itself about savings account n even had minimum 100rs as deposit n we all felt proud that it's our money n this was years ago Now toh everything is advanced n much more simpler Why such stupid writing for a legacy FL whom they want to portray as a know it all most of the time yet didn't knew something this simple

firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: Rishma1

@Bold That was the most ridiculous writing for a character which cvs were portraying as Today's generation Strong Independent woman Like The school which me n my siblings studied was a government school Still after 4th grade it was compulsory for all the students to have a bank account We were given forms to fill n we all as kids were so excited that we'll have our own Money as parents going to bank is for money is what we understood back then n We were taught from 4-5 th grade itself about savings account n even had minimum 100rs as deposit n we all felt proud that it's our money n this was years ago Now toh everything is advanced n much more simpler Why such stupid writing for a legacy FL whom they want to portray as a know it all most of the time yet didn't knew something this simple

In our school we did not had this but my parents ensured to create an account when i was just in 7th standard or so. When i moved out of town for higher studies they used to put money and i used to take it via atm. In the era of upi abhira is shown as 80s fl 😅