Frequent Posters

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Neutrals

Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Queeen

https://youtu.be/z48u-WKRQYs?si=INVD1SseAsjdUhUj

Here we can see this man can act i donno whats wrong with arman character

He was so good in the show. His character and the chemistry between him and the FL was so dreamy smiley42 miss them 😢
Shirsha thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: The_Best

He was so good in the show. His character and the chemistry between him and the FL was so dreamy smiley42 miss them 😢

Yes, his acting was really good in Razia Sultan. His swag was so cool!

Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Krinya

I think it's more to do with the character shift ...even in the og , the ml was focused only on the fl & not his bhabhi, although , he never wanted her to get hurt but he never actively supported her ...on the other hand , Arman is having a parallel track with his bhabhi wherein anyone can tell that they're a couple ..he does close scenes with abhira (I dunno why they do it bec it looks cringe with bhabhi in the mix ) but the impact is zero .

The bottom line is , we can tolerate bhabhi lusting over Arman but NOT Arman reciprocating to her . With abhira , at least I don't a love story at all ..abhira will be mad to fall in love with him , not just bec he's his family's pet but bec of his crazy family ..but we know aisa hoga Nai..toh at least dish out a decent story with an assertive Arman who's able to keep bhabhi at a hands distance and a man who grows a spine to support abhira ..till that happens (and it's a permanent change ) , Arman will never appeal to the viewers..

I don't think it's the actors problem ..if sheh had stayed the off screen gf bf thing would cause havoc like it did in og , the script was changed to accommodate them.

They need to build Arman abhira from scratch and rohit needs to be given some good scenes ..pehle se his character looks unattractive bec of family bhakti and ruhi bhakti . Upar se if he doesn't understand abhira , what is he doing there ? He's another poddar villain in abhiras life that's all

OMG Charu are you watching this? I remember telling you that i started this in Dec and you warned me not to 😭😭😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I wish I had listened to you then lmao.

That bhabhi angle - It was really getting on my nerves in Jan-Feb, but in March, they seemed to have shifted the focus on AbhiMaan and Armaan growing a soft corner for Abhira and going crazy for her. I thought their last week together was really beautiful coz Ar chose Abhira over family (it seemed like although it wasn't explicitly said). Ruhi looked like a side piece then. But with new cast, they have again gone back to jeth bhabhi angle it seems.

I saw upcoming BTS where both Ar and Ab are slapping each other? Wth is wrong with this show?

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sneha.Narayanan

Concious decision by Shahi paneer to make people forget princezada smiley36

RS said in an interview, he told Rohit to portray his armaan differently from previous armaan

It has backfired badly tbh. Shehzada used to get abuses for his role and his offscreen nonsense when he was in the show. Now that he isn't there, insta is filled with Shehzadis and they keep pouring him with love under his posts smiley37smiley37

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Renee.Clare

Red - this!!

I really don't get why people are hesitating on twitter and other platforms to appreciate Shehzada for his acting skills. Like he was definitely the perfect person to play armaan. People didn't notice it then when he was there as armaan but comparing him with an experienced actor who is merely giving expressions - Sheh's acting skills are highlighted now. Not saying he was the best but he definitely brought his own elements in Armaan's character ( more than what was written on the paper) which made many people to connect with armaan ( he wasn't anyone's relative, we all saw him in rishta only - he must have done something right that people got connected to him). Rohit is clearly failing there. He isn't bringing anything special of his own to connect with the audience. He is more like giving indifferent reactions - as if he doesn't care.

Hey Renee smiley31

Sheh wasn't the best actor out there for sure, but he did use his eyes really well. He brought in that vulnerability in Armaans ckt that made it difficult for me to hate himsmiley36

I never found his acting TOO bad. It was decent since I started watching (mrg episodes). Yes, he was cringe in those initial Nov episodes but since I never watched them completely I was ok with him. Towards the end, he really picked up and got under the skin of Armaan. For me Ar will always be that young, lallu, chomu male bahu Armaan and not this abusive guy.

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kuttinu

Truly speaking I have felt no chemistry between Abhimaan after the actor change. Rohit can't play vulnerable, playful traits that Armaan have, so they changed the character arc. Can u think of RoPu's Armaan doing mutargashti dance with Abhira, No he can't, that comical playful part he can't n that's a fact. Not age shaming but it's a fact he is 38 n he looks mature, they should have cast some in late 20's or early 30's... about garvita's ruhi, she looks younger for her onscreen age.I like her acting, prat might not be able to pull off the Holi scenes n all...but I am not feeling so much connection,as some one said prat could make us laugh with meme materials. I just ff the episodes now....

True, they could have just changed the actor, why change entire character sketch? Also, they brought in RoPu who excels in villain roles. How can Armaan the male bahu, Gopimaan be played by a 38y/o actor?

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Docworld

I dont think that Rohit is a complete misfit.. There were scenes in which he performed reasonably good and there were also scenes which were not up to mark. And by now it is evident that Makers are not even trying to recreate Sheh's version of Ar.. Like RP's first two weeks- he was a much more mature version of old one.. Yet there was that softness too... Atleast in that lap hug scene and noodles scene I felt it. After the Mussorrie track only chr had so much drastic changes.. Probably they are again building him from ground level..And I disagree to fact that the couple has zero hype. If that is the case, how come they repeatedly maintaining first position in FMN ratings? If nobody is liking RP's performance, how come he is getting individual rankings in the list published by FMN and gossips tv?? Show is also maintaining position in ormax and trp charts.. By saying this Rohit can also improve a lot and hopefully he will...As of now it is the sudden script changes which is the real panauti..

I personally feel (I might be wrong here), they changed the script coz the current Armaan didn't look good as male bahu Gopimaan version of Armaan. They tried with him, but trps were not increasing maybe. So they included more intense and ladayi jhagda scenes to increase the drama quotient and trps.

Online ratings - I don't know much. The ones Renee used to post in our AT, in that the old couple and individual actors used to come #1 and now they are #3 or #4. Rest, I judge hype based on engagement on X and Insta which has gone down drastically.

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustAnEngineer

Actually a big RoPu fan after Dhadkan, I think he fits the late thirties angry single guy who is flawed roles. He was great as Vikrant, perfection. I think he is more of a method actor and then pendulum script doesn't help.

Armaan was a young boy forced to grow up between expectations, ehsaana and zimmedari. He should be a puddle inside it's not matching

Exactly. RoPu can be a great Mr. Bajaj or Mr. Walia. But he isn't able to match the vibes of rotlu Armaan. And them having changed the script and ckt in a day doesn't gel well with me tbh. There's a big mismatch somewhere.

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Daffodils01

RP is very different than SD but major changes in character are conscious choices of creative team than actors to be fair .

Initially I liked RP more because he wasn’t giving heart eyes to Bhabhi , even now Jeth Bhabhi cringe scenes exist but at least repulsive factor isn’t increased by tenfolds because of excessive OTT crying and handholding. The softness in couple was also there initially but it has disappeared and family drama has taken over the show. Nowadays there’s hardly any Abhimaan scene anyways .

Both RP /SD say/said in their IVs that Armaan has fallen in love with Ab but makers / writers only go on with zimmerdari jaap for Abhira onscreen ,they’re hell bent on keeping ship platonic and aren’t budging much in all these months .

Even in BTS I noticed that Ar barely gets any prompts to emote compared to Ruhi/Ab. They’re even given cues to blush , smile etc while Ar only gets basic directions about where to move , what to say , they’re not bothered to show Ar’s POV at all nowadays smiley39. Previously he was getting episodes dedicated solely to his crying and getting affected by anything D/V/Ab says but nowadays he’s just a TRP puppet who does things without any proper rhyme and reason. We don’t get to see his POV properly at all .

SD had privilege to work on Ar for months and tweak it to his own strengths but RP came last month in peak IPL season without any prior knowledge when channel is running some toxic common trope of Fls getting trashed by guy they fell in love with , so I am willing to give RP benefit of doubt and blame this on writers than the actors .

RP isn’t given anything worthwhile to work with and whenever he gets something , he has done a good job.

@bold - The problem is he doesn't give heart eyes to either Ruhi or Abhira. Even in the initial episodes when his ckt wasn't degraded, he hardly showed any affection to Abhira as well. If he was ac actor like Sheh who goes a bit overboard and OTT in romantic and emotional scenes, you would have seen him giving heart eyes to both. How is that possible that new Ar treated Ab like a stranger when the OG Ar left the show with having developed a soft spot and some affection towards Abhira?

In ITV, you need to act a bit dramatic coz tv shows run on drama factor. Subtle acting suits OTT and movies I feel where more focus is on plot and characterization than the drama factor or Chemistry.

Also, with prev. Armaan and Ruhi, you would feel the disgust factor more coz you saw their journey for 5 months. You would get enraged even if they shared screenspace standing together. With the new ones, it's like a completely new show and no amount of jeth bhabhi scenes would put you off coz the connection isn't there.

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Peepa

Agree.. Samne se b shi response milna bhot jruri h Or RP nhi de rha h... Smjh nhi aata itni b kya jaldi thi jha 5 months chance diye wha 10 din or ruk kar koi acha actor nhi la skte the.. Side character thodi tha bhai jo audience adjust kr legi main lead tha atleast Actor dekh kr to lete. Show ka satyanaash kr diya. Muje samriddhi ke liye bura lgta h bs... Uska in sb me koi fault nhi h bt usse b price chukana pad rha h.. Chahe wo scenes ho. Look ho ya trp har jagah chuka rhi h..RP odd na lge isiliye Samriddhi ka look hi kharab kr diya taki samriddhi b bdi lge screen par. Uska hair style makeup dress sb kharab kr diye.. I think RS ka dimag kam nhi kr rha h 😂😡

This is another issue with hiring an older actor. They suddenly aged Abhira on screen and it makes no sense that she looks 5-6 years older than Ruhi now.

Her hair extensions are so awful to look at and her suits, lesser said the better.