Character Discussion

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 months ago

It’s really doesn’t matter who plays Armaan’s character sd/ropu/whoever. Chemistry of lead couple is not required in any Rajan shahi show because their tracks/writing only belongs to female lead only, chahe anupama ho ya abhira.

SD/RoPu/future accha admi these all are just silly props to elevate female lead. Props ke liye itna kya sochna! Aj Armaan naam ka prop hai to elevate FL , tomorrow koi dusra prop hoga around FL to elevate her.

Anupama ke sath chahe vanraj/anuj/deepu koi bhi aata jata rahega and they don’t give damn about Anupama’s chemistry with any of these man. Same is happening with yeh rishta now.

Edited by sweet_tania - 5 months ago
Indira1211 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Team AbhiMaan (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Befikre

...........he's the villain in Abhira's life.

Honestly I have stopped watching the show but I did watch last couple of episodes to witness the hall drama and contract marriage reveal. And boy oh boy, am I disappointed in Armaan sa? That would be an understatement of the century.

Earlier I had issues with his looks only coz they suddenly made a 30 y/o guy look like a 40 y/o man. Gave him those grandfather specs and a boring personality from the playful and vulnerable personality he had before. But these past few episodes I realised that his acting is so bland and mediocre as well that adds to the lost charm. Again, this isn't a comparison post with the previous actor, but the reason I always felt bad for Armaan despite him being a spineless loser in the past was his VULNERABLE EYES and his equation with Abhira that had evolved into a genuine friendship over these months. The writers and the actor took out these two most important things from Armaan's character and I see no reason to root for him anymore because he just comes across as a selfish and vile person right now.

In that court case track, where Abhira was genuinely in the wrong and was snooping around reading evidence , Armaan's outburst and everything was very harsh (even though it was justified unlike now) , but there was an underlying softness and care for Abhira which has vanished now. AbhiMaan ship was doomed from the beginning because this show is a remake of an already bad show, but the chemistry, the vulnerability and the innocence of both Armaan and Abhira drew me and many others to this ship despite knowing the end. Right now, there is neither any chemistry, nor any vulnerability to justify whatever is happening in the show.

Rohit Purohit might be a very seasoned actor and miles ahead of Shehzada in acting, but he isn't able to portray Armaan the way he should be. He would better suit a character like Mr. Bajaj or Jai Walia (older matured men with grey shades) than a spineless goofball like Armaan. You can't tell me that Armaan was always supposed to be a cold and expressionless dude with a "matured" outlook coz during the very initial days they gave goofy scenes like helium balloon song and banter with Abhira to him. If the connection we felt with Armaan was only due to fake glycerine filled eyes and poor acting by Shehzada , then I don't know what to say. So basically we are saying that Armaan was always supposed to be hated coz of his spinelessness and selfishness , but due to bad acting by previous actor we ended up rooting for the character and the jodi?smiley39

I feel bad that the character I once defended and rooted for to gain a spine has become such a mug now. I actually thought it would be Abhira's journey to become independent and Armaan's journey to gain a spine with her help. And they seemed to be on track with that until 19th March happened........

RS messed up with the casting of new Armaan big time. A like to like replacement of Sheh would have done wonders for him I feel. He will still get 2+ trps coz of all the drama , but online hype has literally died down.

They can revive this show if they show Armaan as a selfish and bad guy (Rohit would nail that I feel) and get a young and strong AA for Abhira.

P.S. This isn't a comparison post or to degrade the new hero. Just venting out my frustration with regards to how they messed up everything.

ok we understand that dkp felt they needed to replace sheh..but they could have got an actor of the similar age and looks as Shehzada..but they got an actor so different..I’ve seen many long running Hollywood and Bollywood tv shows replace actors in the past .but they somehow seem to get actors that look similar..but here they gave us a completely different Armaan 🤦🏻‍♀️
Indira1211 thumbnail

Team AbhiMaan (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Pinecone

I think its not just RoPu. He's being asked to look angry and given rubbish dialogues. Khud seh he cant add much ig. They are showing him say Abhira is egotistical and badtameez after she left instead of showing his concern , worry and restlessness. She didn't say anything wrong given that her upbringing was questioned. He was very good in that hug, forehead kiss scene, he was good in Mussoorie scenes and nokjhok there before Ruhi arrival. So he can pull it off.

I personally disagree with Rajan about Sheh's acting skills. He was really rusty and not good in the beginning but by the holi episode which was his last he was in top form. So he had acting chops - whether that was because he was coached or after 40 retakes is immaterial to us as audience. But we never complained about the actor change for offscreen tantrums and attitude issues- seems legit- ok.

But if they mess up character only- that is not cool.

We are invested in Abhimaan but if Armaan becomes insufferable and converts from the softie he was to the angry young man suddenly - its jarring.

Thats not what Armaan was built up as. He was shown as the guy who rarely got angry and when he did- he immediately felt bad and apologized for losing his temper. He always showed fikr in anger. Ig they tried to show that when he cared to look for her after telling her not to show her face but the dialogues he's been given and the constant confiding in Ruhi is making him look insufferable and is diluting the character to looking inhumane.

What exactly is he so angry about?!

Charu is fine- she ended the relationship, she's not eloped, she's not pregnant out of wedlock, she's not suffering with some horrible guy, she's not hurt- she had a minor injury. So why so much gussa?

this whole track of podaars being angry on abhira due to,charu is ridiculous..even if charu is pregnant. How is abhira to,be blamed..if Sanjay and Kajal raised a daughter with questionable morals who’ll enter into a sexual relationship with her much older boss without a formal commitment known to her family.’how can abhira be blamed for that., then abhira should just sign the divorce papers and say tata goodbye to,Armaan and podaars forever. 🤨
Edited by Indira1211 - 5 months ago
Indira1211 thumbnail

Team AbhiMaan (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Krinya

Well yes..chemistry toh hai hi nahi..Arman abhira chemistry is non existent ...so I'd say along with the character, rp as an actor has nothing but cringe jobs at hand presently...

They could take sometime and start off with the love story first instead ..

yes and it’s almost 6 months now of this gen 4 …so starting Abhimaans love story..now..is about time..👍..
Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

Team Critics

Originally posted by: Swathi.A

I still cant understand why RP isn't doing justice to armaan...its been a month ... his acting is not impressive at all..always confused face irrespective of situation..

Or is it a conscious decision by makers to erase earlier image of armaan I don't know..

i saw him in drama called razia sultan and he got an amazing personality there his expressions were all clear but here its not giving donno what's wrong .. i can't relate to him i can't understand what he is feeling at times...
Edited by Queeen - 5 months ago
Queeen thumbnail

Team Critics

Originally posted by: Indira1211

yes and it’s almost 6 months now of this gen 4 …so starting Abhimaans love story..now..is about time..👍..

or thhey could have just literally killed arman and ruhi and new lead k sath new track maybe a cousin of arman from foreign to keep the characters related but this nonsense 🙄

Queeen thumbnail

Team Critics

Originally posted by: Indira1211

ok we understand that dkp felt they needed to replace sheh..but they could have got an actor of the similar age and looks as Shehzada..but they got an actor so different..I’ve seen many long running Hollywood and Bollywood tv shows replace actors in the past .but they somehow seem to get actors that look similar..but here they gave us a completely different Armaan 🤦🏻‍♀️

they could have got zain imam man he fot those soft looks... or anyone new with soft looks

Queeen thumbnail

Team Critics

https://youtu.be/z48u-WKRQYs?si=INVD1SseAsjdUhUj

Here we can see this man can act i donno whats wrong with arman character

reeeh thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 3

YRKKH Fans

Oh boy, I thought nobody is gonna say this here!

I was a die hard Armaan fan as much as I was an Abhira fan, with all his flaws... Bura lagta tha uskeliye for all the trauma and sufferings he had endured since his childhood.. And as you said the softness he had, especially towards Abhira even during the most bash-worthy behaviour, kept that AbhiMaan ship on...

I am no fan of SD or RP, I am seeing both for the first time in Rishta... And I am hardly interested in what is happening offscreen.. But I would say Sheh portrayed the Armaan very very well! I was deeply disheartened when the replacement news came, but had full faith in their decision and tbh many of them here who said that RP would nail it... Kept my faith on, had been following the written updates daily, I try to watch AbhiMaan scenes in between, but no, can't find Armaan in that! Don't know what's wrong or with who, it's totally a misfit now!

As someone said, he looks like a professor with no emotions! That emotional burden which Armaan carried was easily visible on his face before, now it's like a plain white board, don't understand what to decipher from that!

I don't think it's the story line, because they have come more close now and they got a lot more romantic scenes recently! And Armaan toh pehle bhi Ruhi ke peeche bhagta tha, in fact it was more before, but still we could root for AbhiMaan!

Noorain13 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I am watching there show here and there. Although I did think both actors played by Ruhi and Armaan were not good enough but Armaan picked up so quick and Ruhi I felt like we kind of adjusted to her as well.

Now coming to the new casting. I believe it’s not just the casting it’s also the change in characters from the writers I believe. Armaan was developing a soft spot for Abhira and he genuinely treated her as family. He used to keep a distance from Roohi and always told her that she’s his brother’s wife and they can never get together again. Although Ruhi disliked Abhira but she still gave older sister vibes.
However, now Armaan acts as if he’s waiting for contract period to end so he can get married to Ruhi. He has no soft spot or admiration for Abhira but only treats her as a guest for merely 3 more months. Even right now he’s not showing any concern for her but is upset that she supported Charu. Ruhi on the other hand acts and fights with Abhira as if they’re the same age. Abhira actually looks more mature than Ruhi but Ruhi was suppose to be this mature ideal bahu is her late 20s.
If these actors were there from the beginning it would have been a whole different thing, but now after we seen the previous ones it’s getting harder for us to adjust. They’re both amazing actors and doing a great job but the sudden change in script is make it worse. I’ve seen Rohit’s work in another show and he’s such a good actor but I feel like it’s the constant pressure on him to be like previous one which is making it difficult for him.