Character Discussion

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leafy2022 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

I agree with your post. I havent watched him before but is it the actor who made the character even worse or is it writers trashing the ML. don't know. Whatever, he is not the ML for a fierce lovely girl like Abhira. such a misfit. Not saying Shehzada was good, he had other problems.

It appears to me Abhira and Rohit are protagonists and Armaan and Ruhi are antagonists. Then they should not promote Abhira Armaan. I hope they don't anymore.

Edited by leafy2022 - 5 months ago
The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Neutrals

I agree. Rohit is such a good actor, but don’t know what has happened to him here. Either it’s the writers or himself or may be combination of both. I haven’t watch full episodes after the replacement as haven’t gotten the time yet and also lost the connection with the characters after replacement, but I could see the differences right from the start when I saw his scenes. Even Ruhi is so different now. Before she used to be introvert, innocent, come across mature but depressed and lonely type, wear sarees and all, but now she is extrovert and childish. She doesn’t look depressed. Btw, someone made a similar post on reddit recently. Many have been saying the same https://www.reddit.com/r/IndianTellyTalk/s/MEG8Latrba

Completely agree with you. After the replacement the story was still good at that time but RP failed to show the nuances of the beautiful yet delicate equation that the pair have been sharing for the past 5 months. He got to show more intimate hugs and kisses but still the connection had been missing. And now the character has been also butchered. But since he is still the ML opp FL we would expect him to show still some remnants of what they shared through his body language and facial expressions ocassionally. But because he lacks in those department amd moreover his expertise in showing angry/villanous roles he is coming across as completely trash. Whenever someone raises abt the missing expressions some people jump in criticising the older actor and also name calls . It seems so funny as we are not even saying that Shehzada was a marvellous actor but just that he was good in those department which helped to gain so many fans of the pair. Rohit Purohit is a very good actor but not suitable for roles like this which has already been developed in a certain way. It is funny people say that Shehzada acted rubbish and still was able to make this pair so popular currently in the itv. Rajan Shahi’s said he could not act and had to take retakes but after retakes if the final product is good why will audience complain. And moreover since he has taken the decision ( and I support the kicking out because of his behaviour) it is in his vested interest that he will have only bad things to say about him as otherwise people will fault the producer only.

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I think its not just RoPu. He's being asked to look angry and given rubbish dialogues. Khud seh he cant add much ig. They are showing him say Abhira is egotistical and badtameez after she left instead of showing his concern , worry and restlessness. She didn't say anything wrong given that her upbringing was questioned. He was very good in that hug, forehead kiss scene, he was good in Mussoorie scenes and nokjhok there before Ruhi arrival. So he can pull it off.

I personally disagree with Rajan about Sheh's acting skills. He was really rusty and not good in the beginning but by the holi episode which was his last he was in top form. So he had acting chops - whether that was because he was coached or after 40 retakes is immaterial to us as audience. But we never complained about the actor change for offscreen tantrums and attitude issues- seems legit- ok.

But if they mess up character only- that is not cool.

We are invested in Abhimaan but if Armaan becomes insufferable and converts from the softie he was to the angry young man suddenly - its jarring.

Thats not what Armaan was built up as. He was shown as the guy who rarely got angry and when he did- he immediately felt bad and apologized for losing his temper. He always showed fikr in anger. Ig they tried to show that when he cared to look for her after telling her not to show her face but the dialogues he's been given and the constant confiding in Ruhi is making him look insufferable and is diluting the character to looking inhumane.

What exactly is he so angry about?!

Charu is fine- she ended the relationship, she's not eloped, she's not pregnant out of wedlock, she's not suffering with some horrible guy, she's not hurt- she had a minor injury. So why so much gussa?

Edited by Pinecone - 5 months ago
Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Naya_31

I agree with you on this.

also, the TRP factor has made the pressure go up like crazy. The writing is inconsistent and boring.

But the show is still in top 3, no? What trp pressure then? It's not like it's out of top 3/5 and the makers have to change everything.

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swathi.A

I still cant understand why RP isn't doing justice to armaan...its been a month ... his acting is not impressive at all..always confused face irrespective of situation..

Or is it a conscious decision by makers to erase earlier image of armaan I don't know..

@bold - Exactly this. He looks confused half the time. It's like main kahaan phas gaya. His expressions in those scenes where other characters are interacting are so lame. He just stands there with no purpose like this 🧍‍♂️

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: leafy2022

I agree with your post. I havent watched him before but is it the actor who made the character even worse or is it writers trashing the ML. don't know. Whatever, he is not the ML for a fierce lovely girl like Abhira. such a misfit. Not saying Shehzada was good, he had other problems.

It appears to me Abhira and Rohit are protagonists and Armaan and Ruhi are antagonists. Then they should not promote Abhira Armaan. I hope they don't anymore.

Armaan is unrecognizable now. You cannot stan this guy because he doesn't give those soft looks anymore or seems to have a soft corner for Ab despite fighting with her. In today's episode, he was supposed to show some emotions when Abhira was leaving. He rather showed villain wale expressions. It actually looked like she left an abusive husband and parted for good.

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_Best

I agree. Rohit is such a good actor, but don’t know what has happened to him here. Either it’s the writers or himself or may be combination of both. I haven’t watch full episodes after the replacement as haven’t gotten the time yet and also lost the connection with the characters after replacement, but I could see the differences right from the start when I saw his scenes. Even Ruhi is so different now. Before she used to be introvert, innocent, come across mature but depressed and lonely type, wear sarees and all, but now she is extrovert and childish. She doesn’t look depressed. Btw, someone made a similar post on reddit recently. Many have been saying the same https://www.reddit.com/r/IndianTellyTalk/s/MEG8Latrba

OMG I read the entire thread. Who are these people? They echoed my sentiments exactly about new Armaan and Ruhi 😯😯😯 Glad to see more people on same page coz I was afraid of putting across my POV here.

New Armaan lacks vulnerability and expressions, while new Ruhi is too childish and looks younger than Abhira. Someone rightly mentioned that "class" is missing from new Ruhi. She looks like a middle class girl and not The Ruhi Birla.

Peepa thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

RP ko Acting nhi aati... Bad choice For Armaan...

RS ko replace krna tha to atleast acha actor lekar aata jiski eyes expressive ho but RS ne khud gen4 bkharab kr di. Bhot hi shaandaar shuruaat hui thi gen4 ki nd actors perfect liye the time ke sath unki acting unke role ke according perfect ho gyi thi. Offscreen sheh ki harkate muje b psnd nhi thi pr mai iss bat se b mukar nhi skti ki as armaan wo perfect tha. Rohit ne to armaan ke character ko kharab hi kr diya h. Itna serious bna diya usse. Or director b usse bol rhe h tuje jaisa krna h Tu kr. Hadh h 5 mhine jo dikhaya tha wo kya tha fir , whi se continue krna tha kyoki actor replace kiya h character nhi.. RP bhot hi kharab choice h as armaan inhe or koi nhi mila 😡 Sam talented h bt akeli wo b kya kya kre kb samne se hi perfect response nhi mile toh... RP to nhi chalega Sam ke sath hope new character lekar aaye Abhira ke New hero New fresh face good actor tb to show me charm ayega nhi to aisa hi dead show rhega or 5k episode to pure hone se rhe 😂 Sam ka potential b waste kr rhe h RP screen pr Abhira ka baap na lge isiliye Abhira ka look hi kharab kr diya Wow RS 👏

Farmaan Hota New Armaan to show fir se track pr aa jata bt bad luck RP ke aane ke 10 din bad uska show offair hone ki news ayi 😭

Plz New Hero Lekar aao Abhira ke liye

Befikre thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aashiqanafan

Completely agree with you. After the replacement the story was still good at that time but RP failed to show the nuances of the beautiful yet delicate equation that the pair have been sharing for the past 5 months. He got to show more intimate hugs and kisses but still the connection had been missing. And now the character has been also butchered. But since he is still the ML opp FL we would expect him to show still some remnants of what they shared through his body language and facial expressions ocassionally. But because he lacks in those department amd moreover his expertise in showing angry/villanous roles he is coming across as completely trash. Whenever someone raises abt the missing expressions some people jump in criticising the older actor and also name calls . It seems so funny as we are not even saying that Shehzada was a marvellous actor but just that he was good in those department which helped to gain so many fans of the pair. Rohit Purohit is a very good actor but not suitable for roles like this which has already been developed in a certain way. It is funny people say that Shehzada acted rubbish and still was able to make this pair so popular currently in the itv. Rajan Shahi’s said he could not act and had to take retakes but after retakes if the final product is good why will audience complain. And moreover since he has taken the decision ( and I support the kicking out because of his behaviour) it is in his vested interest that he will have only bad things to say about him as otherwise people will fault the producer only.

@Bold - I feel no amount of hugging and kissing can generate chemistry or else old BW or PTV shows hadn't given us so many iconic couples with such great chemistry. I feel chemistry is more because of the eyes. The way two characters look at each other and communicate with each other, that tells you most about their chemistry. The problem with new jodi is that makers started off with them directly with kisses and some sensuous dances. That will give them 1-2 days ke liye hype but won't become iconic like that tape removing scene. That scene alone can eat all their scenes because of the eye f*cking that was going on. If it was all because of glycerine filled eyes of Sheh, then I am glad for that bottle of glycerine because I got to witness that epicness. And why doesn't RoPu put glycerine in his eyes and imitate the same if it's so easy?

@Red - Shehzada isn't anyone's relative or friend here. He as an actor was really bad in crying scenes, but he improved a lot before he left. Just compare his crying scene when Rohit goes missing (which has become a meme now) to his crying scene when Charu called him paraya. The progression in acting is there, so I don't understand what's there to troll about? He is just 27 and in this industry for only 3-4 years. While RoPu is 38 and in this industry for 15 years. If a newbie can improve so much in 3 months, people can expect the seasoned actor to show improvement in 1 month at least if not be perfect since beginning? Being subtle doesn't mean you show zero expressions and stand like a rock in romantic scenes or high voltage confrontation scenes.

@green - His termination was absolutely justified, but calling him a bad actor when the same bad actor created such good chemistry with his FL that they got a mini fandom of their own despite not having many romantic scenes is commendable. The amount of promotions they are doing in media Or DKP's page for the new couple, had they done even 10% of this before, AbhiMaan couple would have had 30-40% more fans.