Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
TV STAR TRAIL

Jul 11, 2008, Mumbai

TV STAR TRAIL

Zeenat Aman is back!
by Meenakshi Shankar
Jul 11, 2008, Mumbai

She sizzled the screen with her 'Dum Maro Dum...' and epitomized sensuality in Satyam Shivam Sundaram. She's an icon like none we have had in the era which she reigned. And after years of lying low, Zeenat Aman has finally given her 'yes' to television. And making her comeback with none other than the 'K'ueen, Ekta Kapoor. She will be the judge on Ekta Kapoor's reality show, Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket to be aired on 9X.

When our soap queen decides to enter a genre, she does not restrict to a single entrance. She ensures that she is all over the channels bombarding the viewers with her showcase. And the latest offering is Lux Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket' which is a ticket to the newcomers to enter the glitzy world of cinema.

Speaking exclusively to us, Zeenat Aman, the yesteryears glamour doll, says, "I'm happy that my first foray into television is for her, though I must admit I don't watch much TV. Every time I would run into Shobha Kapoor, she would try to coerce me to experiment with the medium. At that point, I felt I wasn't ready, but I was sure, that when TV came calling, it would be with Balaji."

"At the moment, both my sons are back and to me having my children around is the most important thing in life. I lead a very contented and private life. I've my sons, a dog and lots of greenery surrounding me. What more could I ask for? I'm at peace." She adds, "I'm treating this project as a one-off thing. I'm not looking ahead at what I'd be doing or not doing. At the moment I'm just happy to be focusing on Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket."

"Today there are such platforms for hopefuls. When I had entered, the opportunities for newcomers were so limited," said the actress who was seen in such memorable hits like Yaadon Ki Baraat, Don, Qurbani and Satyam Shivam Sundaram.

Zeenat is looking forward to meeting up with her old colleague Shabana Azmi on the show. "She's a colleague and I'm looking forward to catching up on the good ol'days.

When Zeenat Aman is around, you cannot miss, but ask her about veteran actor, Dev Anand's autobiography, which has pointed references to his friendship with her, Zeenat answers "Dev saab is a senior person, and someone I respect very much. Due to him I had my first success Hare Rama Hare Krishna. And subsequently I shared a long and fruitful association with his banner Navketan. But beyond that, I choose to maintain my silenc

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_Interview/Zeenat_Aman_judge/ July-11-2008/Zeenat_Aman_judge_Kaun_Jeetega_Bollywood_Ka_Tic ket.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FallenAngelx16 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
God, I use to love her movies, I wish she'd do more movies.... not as a lead, but a comedy maybe....
missAfgBeauty thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FallenAngelx16

God, I use to love her movies, I wish she'd do more movies.... not as a lead, but a comedy maybe....

same here ;P

187176 thumbnail
so good to see her back and evne more excited about amrita lol