Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1169321 thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Still Karan made Rahul's and Anjali's characters more prone to criticism than Aman's...Maybe he changed something to make the role more 'hero'-like.

Interestingly - and that makes me think the former - he distanced himself from the movie 20 years later (which I found strange...and also questionable).

Aman's character was there for like 20 minutes, we saw whole journey of Rahul and Anjali

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Don't agree

Aman knew Anjali didn't love him, this was before Rahul's re-entry in her life. With our without Rahul's present, this relationship was doomed from the beginning as Bride didn't love the groom and groom was too self involved to actually understand that his intended is not happy

No, he didn't k n o w it, he feared it, he was suspicious of that because of her hesitating. It was like a 'gut-feeling'. He only got to k n o w it through Anjali's behaviour on the steps.

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

Anjali's feelings for Rahul don't change drastically just because she sees him in different attire. Whereas for him it did. That's where it's sexist. Missing her is fine but why would he suddenly sexualise her ? Would he have had the same response had she still been in pants and trainers ? Teachers don't usually dress in transparent sarees lol. The dance was extremely weird. He began his notorious neck sniffing routine which was later repeated in K3G with similar sarees. I have a close guy friend who touches me, hugs me occasionally. I have no sexual feelings for him. Tomorrow if he were to get wet in the rain in sexy clothes I might think " Hmmm he does look good doesn't he " but it wouldn't change anything between us. If he stood in speedos before me I wouldn't enjoy it, it would make me uncomfortable no matter how tempting it is ; I would look away or throw him a towel. The movie pushed two stereotypes 1) Sajna sawarna chahiye warna no takers 2) Being objectified by a man is the same as being loved by him.

Her feelings did change drastically because of one dialogue

Rahul would have found many women after Tina's death who would be wearing sarees and wear good looking but he remained celibate for 8 years after her death, raising his daughter as a single father so in my opinion, there's more to do with the past he shared with Anjali than her clothes

Sexism can be called out for everyone for Anjali who put down other girls because they liked wearing shorts and make up?

For Aman who was obsessed that his Anjali has to be the most beautiful Anjali when he meets a random stranger who also happens to have an Anjali at home

Point being it was a rom-com. I don't connect my life and friends to it because dynamics I share with my friends are different from them.

Edited by NoraSM - 3 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Aman's character was there for like 20 minutes, we saw whole journey of Rahul and Anjali

For making an impact, it was time enough. And it had been the most 'honest' character in the movie as he acted accordingly to his feelings (and didn't keep them to himself). As I already wrote: he was the most mature character in this movie...e.g., he talked about his 'gut-feeling' to Anjali's mother (who also wasn't openly stating the facts)...and then he went to the camp to get clear about Anjali's feeling and she - again - didn't confess about her genuine feelings... that's why I wrote about Karan having made Anjali a 'weak' character.

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
1169321 thumbnail

For making an impact, it was time enough. And it had been the most 'honest' character in the movie as he acted accordingly to his feelings (and didn't keep them to himself). As I already wrote: he was the most mature character in this movie...e.g., he talked about his 'gut-feeling' to Anjali's mother (who also wasn't openly stating the facts)...and then he went to the camp to get clear about Anjali's feeling and she - again - didn't confess about her genuine feelings... that's why I wrote about Karan having made Anjali a 'weak' character.

Honestly if it actually did then the movie would have flopped but it is 2nd biggest hit for SRK in terms of footfalls. These talks about Aman are limited to over analysing corridors bollywood groups.

That's like saying Nisha should have ended up with her brother in law because he was nice and good while Prem was stalking her and gave up on her for his brother 🤦‍♀️

Edited by NoraSM - 3 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Point being it was a rom-com. I don't connect my life and friends to it because dynamics I share with my friends are different from them.

Absolutely...and I won't compare this movie to real life (although in real life people also tend to not voicing their feelings openly and still follow convention and convenience.

I still like KKHH very much, but when it comes to analysing the character-portrays then I cannot deny my feeling that Aman was designed as the most positive one in that triangle.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Who says time is the most precious thing for a human being ?

Such people who are of the view, needs to visit this forum, atleast once.

😂😂🤣🤣

Clochette thumbnail

Honestly if it actually did then the movie would have flopped but it is 2nd biggest hit for SRK in terms of footfalls. These talks about Aman are limited to over analysing corridors bollywood groups.

That's like saying Nisha should have ended up with her brother in law because he was nice and good while Prem was stalking her and gave up on her for his brother 🤦‍♀️

I don't know about what would have been, if... (I'm not much in this thinking)

However I agree about the "over analysing". There is, imo, a difference between just enjoying a movie (and it's story as an invented one - like in books) and analysing the designing of characters and story. The first one is about an emotional connect, the second one about a kind of dissecting and arguing.

To be honest, my emotional connect to KKHH hasn't changed, especially when I notice this connect also with persons who have no idia about Indian Cinema.

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
1169321 thumbnail

Absolutely...and I won't compare this movie to real life (although in real life people also tend to not voicing their feelings openly and still follow convention and convenience.

I still like KKHH very much, but when it comes to analysing the character-portrays then I cannot deny my feeling that Aman was designed as the most positive one in that triangle.

It is one of my favourite movies to watch whenever I am in mood to watch a movie. I actually watched it last night smiley36