Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Bangladesh Nirmala (darkness_123). We are no more the minnows. I am so impressed by our youngsters...I cannot tell you how mad I am at our captain, Bashar, and Aftaab for getting out like that...they need to learn from our young boys how to hold your nerve and play the game...

As for the Indian team...I agree with you all...and I am so happy that Ganguly scored coz he was ignored for too long and nowadays except him noone seems to be scoring anything!! Good job by Yuvraj too!!
mumihp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: admail_bd

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Bangladesh Nirmala (darkness_123). We are no more the minnows. I am so impressed by our youngsters...I cannot tell you how mad I am at our captain, Bashar, and Aftaab for getting out like that...they need to learn from our young boys how to hold your nerve and play the game...

As for the Indian team...I agree with you all...and I am so happy that Ganguly scored coz he was ignored for too long and nowadays except him noone seems to be scoring anything!! Good job by Yuvraj too!!

I agree, now Bangladesh can hold the heads high and not be underestimated. we are. sakib played awesomely, Im so proud that we won. I think Inidan underestimated BD, they were too overconfident which was thier downfall.
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
First of all Congrats to Bangladesh!!!!! 👏 👏 It was a womderful match and they deserved that win they were the better team of the day. Also they shouldn't have been taken lightly, they have proven that they can perform against the "big" team, look at the warm up match they had against NZ.

Secondly, have some faith in India! 😛 They may have lost this match but all is not lost. As much as Bermuda loves their cricket and enjoys it India will more than likely win there. Their next real test would be Sri Lanka and providing they learn from their mistakes and now have a better idea on how the pitch plays, they have a good chance. They would have an even better one if Bangladesh can keep up this wonderful performance and pull off a win against Sri Lanka.

Bad decision toady to bat first, did they listen when Sri Lanka's captain said more or less after their match that the pitch was more suited the bowlers early on ??? Apparently not!! 😕 😕

Anyways again wonderful all round performance by Bangladesh and also my sympathies to them on the lost of their friend and collegue! 😭
chocolate_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i ddint see the match but i heard they played realli bad.. congratzz bangladesh.. i had a question.. do the indian syyll hav a chance or r they outta of the tournament?
modishh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chocolate_angel

i ddint see the match but i heard they played realli bad.. congratzz bangladesh.. i had a question.. do the indian syyll hav a chance or r they outta of the tournament?

India must win the remaining 2 matches
klueless thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Congo to The Bangla team For a Job well done ..
what a dissapointment Team India has turned out to be .,.? 😕

Klue
Edited by klueless - 17 years ago
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I'm nishabd. I had a feeling that India would loose..but this bad? Nope. "This team is better than the 1983 team" Righhtt, with Sehwag and Agarkar on board? What happened to Anil and Kaif? Hell, even Ashish Nehra is better! if those two (Anil and Kaif) were on instead of Sehwag and Agarkar, India might've won. The batting was downright B.A.D! The bowling was a bit better but not as good as any of their other matches. The only *good* batsman was Dada. Dravid, being the captain, should drown himself for such poor play. I'm giving up hope...If they don't win against Bermuda, they are doomed.

We DESPERATELY need Sachin and Dada in the opening slot! Sehwag can be at No. 6 or even after Dhoni in his current form.

Somewhere or the other, it's our fault. We gave these "cricketers" stardom and the fame got to their heads. Dravid's head looks like an inflated balloon, it's high time someone pops it. THANK YOU, Bangladesh for deflating Dravid's and the Indian team's heads. Wouldn't it hurt their extravangantly inflated egos when the headlines boom "Bangladesh throttle India" (rediff) Shame on you, Team India. Shame on you.

Someone on another forum wrote this, I completely agree with this.

[quote]Well, this disaster (of losing to Minnows) was waiting to happen. India does NOT have 5 regular bowlers, with 2 of them consistently striking. It is almost routine that our much vaunted batting fails, and every one except indian team management knows that we do not field well. At least two places in the team goes to underserved all the time by "someone"s backing!! Then why should we win the world cup? As an Indian I want our team do well, but we should have prepared systematically well, not just by "experimenting" constantly. hope that Srilanka play poorly against India.[/quote]

Being an Indian, I really truly want India to win but if the performance is this poor, then the most deserving team (a la Austrailia, Sri Lanka) should win.

Anyhow, Congratulations to Bangladesh for this win!! 👏 The Young Guns! Congo on winning and Thank you for showing the Indian team that you are no less than them so it'd help deflate their inflated egos and heads.

Edited by mz.seductive - 17 years ago
Kanta80 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Tigers turn India upside down
Bangladesh heroes dedicate famous victory to Manzarul Rana; batsmen complete job after bowlers' demolition of fancied India
Quazi Zulquarnain Islam

Bangladesh thrashed India by five wickets to seal a historic triumph and send shockwaves through the cricketing fraternity in their first group World Cup match at the Queen's Park Oval in Port of Spain early today.

Victory came when Mushfiqur Rahim, whose selection ahead of veteran Khaled Mashud caused an uproar at home, cut Zaheer Khan for a single to point in the 49th over sending expectant millions glued to their TV sets at home in the early hours of the morning into joyful celebrations. Bangladesh toppled India's not so impressive 191 with nine balls to spare thanks to a devastating exhibition of fast bowling from man of the match Mashrafe Bin Mortaza who snared four wickets for 38 runs. In reply, Mushfique showed maturity beyond his years as he scored a watchful 56 to guide his team home. He shared an 83-run partnership for the fourth wicket with Sakib Al Hasan who struck a fine knock of 53 off 86 balls after teenage sensation Tamim Iqbal had set the tone with a blistering 51. In what has been a month of pain for Bangladesh as regards the struggle for freedom thirty-six years ago, the Tigers did more than their share to uphold the spirit of the martyrs as well as the recently tragically demised fellow teammate Manzarul Islam Rana, who died in a road accident in Khulna on Friday. The Tigers who promised to dedicate a victory against India to Manzarul, stood up to be counted and came out with a steely resolve and a spring in their steps immediately after the match began after both teams observed a minute's silence in memory of Manzarul, who was long considered the true cheerleader of the team. With the win the Tigers not only took a giant step towards qualification for the Super Eights but also erased their bitter memories of the last World Cup where they failed to win a single match. It was Bangladesh's second win against India after their victory in a Boxing Day encounter at the Bangabandhu National Stadium in 2004. Away at Sabina Park in Kingston, Ireland looked odds-on for an amazing triumph after bowling Pakistan out for 132 in 45.4 overs with fast bowler WB Rankin snaring three wickets. They were 81-4 in 27.3 overs before bad light stopped play till filing of this report. Victory was a collective effort of fielding, bowling and batting but there were two exceptional individual performances which will go down in the annals of history. After Mashrafe's show during the first half, it was all Tamim as the left-hander played a dazzling cameo to score a quickfire 51 with seven fours and two sixes. He was particularly severe on Zaheer Khan whom he hit for fifteen runs in an over inclusive of a gigantic six over mid-wicket. Opening partner Shahriar Nafees (2) fell leg before to Zaheer early but by that time Tamim was already in irresistible mood cavorting down the wicket to the quicks and consigning every bad ball to the fence. He shared a 45-run second wicket stand with Mushfiqur Rahim but fell soon after reaching his half-century caught behind off Munaf Patel. Aftab Ahmed (8) quickly followed him but Sakib al Hasan joined Mushfique, who was promoted up the order, to steady the ship. Earlier, it was Mashrafe who led the attack superbly from the front grabbing four wickets for 38 runs while left arm spinners Abdur Razzak and Mohammed Rafique chipped in with three wickets each. The Indians batted first after winning the toss but failed to settle. Partnerships were few and far between during an innings where they were on the back foot from the third over when Mashrafe knocked back Virender Sehwag's middle stump. Bowling with venom and vigour, the man dubbed the "Narail Express" picked up from where he had left off against New Zealand in a practice match that Bangladesh won. Reaching speeds in the early 140 kmphs, he then had Robin Uthappa caught at point, the dashing right-hander playing a loose stroke after being subject to a probing spell from the nagging Syed Rasel at the other end. That bought Sachin Tendulkar to the crease and he along with Sourav Ganguly set off to stabilise the innings but left-armer Abdur Razzak struck in his very first over with the prized scalp of Tendulkar to nip that in the bud. Coming onto bowl in place of Mashrafe, Razzak surprised Tendulkar by firing in a slightly quicker arm-ball, one that held its line after pitching on middle. Tendulkar was foxed and saw an inside edge deflect onto his pad and pop up behind the stumps where Mushfiqur Rahim held on at the second attempt. India were reduced to 40-3 off 15 overs. Rahul Dravid and Ganguly put on 32 runs for the fourth wicket before the Indian captain was trapped leg before playing across the line off the first ball of the 25th over by veteran spinner Mohammed Rafique. India at that stage were four for 72. Yuvraj and Ganguly joined hands in an 85-run partnership and just when it looked like they were going to wrest the initiative away from the minnows the spinners trapped the Indians in a web. First Yuvraj, who had scored freely till then, holed out to Habibul Bashar with the score of 157 and then India proceeded to lose their next four wickets with the addition of two runs as top scorer Ganguly (66), Dhoni (0), Harbhajan (0), and Agarkar (0) all fell within twelve deliveries of each other. The innings could have closed then and there but the last wicket pairing of Munaf Patel and Zaheer Khan put on a breezy 32 in quick time to save India from further embarrassment.

"It was a good toss to lose. Then our spinners did a fantastic job. There wasn't a lot of turn but they put the ball in the right place," said a smiling Bashar during the break.

Edited by Kanta80 - 17 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
To sum it up all, India missed out on the opening while Bangladeshis seized the moments brilliantly...Congratulations Bangladesh 👏 👏 👏 ...You have outplayed India literally in all the departments...I am sure all their countrymen are proud of their players...They deserved to win right from the word go, with excellent bowling, fielding and batting...Keep it up fellas!

Now coming to our so called TEAM India...

Its probably an ego boost for us to call this one of biggest upsets, but looked the least like an upset...They were in full control right from the first ball...

Its high time we stopped backing up the players seeing their past records...I certainly cannot bring myself to understand the strategy behing Agarkar's presence in the team time and again...And what abt the players like Kumble, Kaif and even Aashish Nehra??? Why is Sehwaag still there after such a dismal performance even in the pre WC matches??

What is this Rahul doing???He is the one who wanted THIS team..And moreover I heard so much abt his backing Sehwaag...Now I would like Sehwag to make us all eat our own words and prove his captain right...And dearest Rahul, please please please take the help of the seniors in the team..Remember, you have Sourav there...

Our batting was spineless, bowling toothless and fielding brainless..Overall a DEAD performance...

But saying all this, I am still keeping my hopes high for the matches to come...This is actually a good thing to happen in a way...Now we will be on our toes and make the most of every chance that comes our way...

Good Luck India!!!

Cheers,
Raksha 😃
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
cannot beliveeeee how bad india played!!!! sehwag, dravid, tendulkar man i was counting on you!!!! big ups yo patel n harbhajan!!! excellent bowling!!! but still excpected this 2 b a easy match 4 india!!!! but congo 2 bangladesh they played very very welll!!!!!