Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishtha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: raksha.l

I would have loved for Gavaskar to keep quite and not retaliate and leave the dirty job to somebody else...Now I am rather disappointed and surprised that such an experienced and seemingly diplomatic person, actually got down to this... πŸ˜•

yup that david hukes example was not needed here ..πŸ˜•i am disspointed myself! one should never go down to such levels..why to pin point a dead man! may his soul rest in peace😊

but..on the other hand..i am enjoying this..saas bahu fights..haila here as well.πŸ˜†.....lets see what pointing will come up withπŸ˜† NOW..we are waiting give us more masala punterπŸ˜† joking!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Gavaskar always tries dirty things it not the first time he has done it against Aussies and other teams ,he always tries to show that he is mahan and others are nothing every team does sledging and most of the teams on field behaviour is bad sorry to say including Indians,

Anyone in ponting's place would have reacted in the same way.I would like Mr Gavaskar improving indian selection standard rather than commenting on others behaviour 😊
193980 thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Bingoo...But would you be too unhappy if India does the honors???😳😳😳

My thoughts exactly. I would love to see India thrashing Australia and PakistanπŸ˜³πŸ˜‰. After that winning or losing the Cup doesn't matter.

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This is going really nasty now.. This was not needed at all..

But why is it that all and sundry target Aussies as Headstrong? They are not... They have been the Champions for a long time now.. They have held the No.1 One day Ranking for so many years.. Even then, they were so graceful in defeat, when they lost 5 consecutive matches... They never talked or cribbed about anything, when the fact was that, their Best 11 did not play these games.. I mean, they took it very sportingly and just planned and hoped that they could get everything clicking again for the World Cup..

Yes, Aussies are tagged as a Aggressive Bunch of Men on the field, with a do or die spirit always. So what is wrong, friends? They take their cricket really serious... So what is wrong?

Gavaskar , being a Veteran and the Pride of India needed to weigh and talk.. Whats wrong in what Ponting said? He just asked Gavaaskar to take care of his side and their persformance before commenting about another team.. Is this not what we need to be doing now? Gavaskar has been a fabulous player for India, he has been in the Selection Commitee too. So his aim now must be to cheer his team up, rather than demoralising other teams with his words..

Now, Gavaskar was mean in taking the name of Devid Hookes here. That guy died bcos of an incident... Why should his death be dragged into this argument he has with Ponting? Come on, Ponting and Gavaskar need to cool down... Gavaskar should rather give a tips or two to his team now.. Ponting should take care of his team, in reaching their goal, the World Cup...

These talks will never end... This will surely play as a dampener before a big Series, which the whole world is excited about..
Edited by sree - 17 years ago
ANJANA thumbnail
Gavaskar was the one who brought politics in Indian cricket and he his following that and is implimenting that in International cricket but don't worry Mr Gavaskar there many strong people and broad minded people who will not allow you to play your game as you have spoilt indian cricket system 😑
ANJANA thumbnail

Originally posted by: sree

But why is it that all and sundry target Aussies as Headstrong? They are not... They have been the Champions for a long time now.. They have held the No.1 One day Ranking for so many years.. Even then, they were so graceful in defeat, when they lost 5 consecutive matches... They never talked or cribbed about anything, when the fact was that, their Best 11 did not play these games.. I mean, they took it very sportingly and just planned and hoped that they could get everything clicking again for the World Cup..

Yes, Aussies are tagged as a Aggressive Bunch of Men on the field, with a do or die spirit always. So what is wrong, friends? They take their cricket really serious... So what is wrong?

Gavaskar , being a Veteran and the Pride of India needed to weigh and talk.. Whats wrong in what Ponting said? He just asked Gavaaskar to take care of his side and their persformance before commenting about another team.. Is this not what we need to be doing now? Gavaskar has been a fabulous player for India, he has been in the Selection Commitee too. So his aim now must be to cheer his team up, rather than demoralising other teams with his words..

Now, Gavaskar was mean in taking the name of Devid Hookes here. That guy died bcos of an incident... Why should his death be dragged into this argument he has with Ponting? Come on, Ponting and Gavaskar need to cool down... Gavaskar should rather give a tips or two to his team now.. Ponting should take care of his team, in reaching their goal, the World Cup...

These talks will never end... This will surely play as a dampener before a big Series, which the whole world is excited about..

You are right Because Aussies were No.1 For such long time and i'm sure they will be no.1 after winning the world cup which they will win 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000%it will be right answer to Gavaskar's all Dirty political question Game .The day Mr Gavaskar disconnects himself from Indian cricket that will be day when India can conquere everything and can compete with Aussies for No.1 position.And india inspite of having large population they still in No.5 position in oneday's and in test's they are no.4
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ANJANA

You are right Because Aussies were No.1 For such long time and i'm sure they will be no.1 after winning the world cup which they will win 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000%it will be right answer to Gavaskar's all Dirty political question Game .The day Mr Gavaskar disconnects himself from Indian cricket that will be day when India can conquere everything and can compete with Aussies for No.1 position.And india inspite of having large population they still in No.5 position in oneday's and in test's they are no.4

And your point is?????

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sree

But why is it that all and sundry target Aussies as Headstrong? They are not...

Sree, while you are right that Aussies have been the defending champions for sometime now, how can you be so sure that they are not headstrong???I mean, I guess, we have limited knowledge when compared to the people who are actually experiencing it...And have you forgotten the stories of how Steve Waugh tried to put down India and how Shane Warne had been warned umpteen times abt his twisted tounge and what abt Ponting now??Is it necessary to drag the whole India team and put it down,when it could've been easily taken care of at the personal level with Gavaskar???

That the Aussies are very good at sledging is a known secret...I myself have seen it on TV how they have bothered(rather tried to bother) Tendulkar...😑

Luv,
Raksha

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Ricky ponting's reply to Gavaskar's comments is certainly arrogant. He should not have dragged the Indian Team in the issue...gavaskar never commented on the aussies performance but on their behaviour

But its also true not everyone can win as the aussies do... n accept it.... they dont win only coz of sledging
Connie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I like the Australian team for the efforts they put in every match like if one player gets out the rest don't fall like a pack of cards. They have a lot of confidence and when you see their body language on the field, it is clearly the winning attitude.

However I hate the arrogance they have, not just the sledging is a problem but somewhere they have no respect the way Ricky Ponting had shooed Sharad Pawar off the stage was really disrespectful.