JJ Games S8: Let's Keep You Engaged (R1 Pg 11, Privilege pg 12)

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 6 days ago

Gather around folks! It’s Jimmy Jab time! After a successful season 1 through 7, I’m back with some more Jimmy Jab fun! For those who are new to this season, feel free to watch Jake Peralta explain the Jimmy Jab games below…and then keep reading for the Shreya version of the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDmMJOGodNc

Every season will have a particular theme that will stump you all. The first season’s theme was Puzzles Galore, the second season’s theme was Hunt It, the third season's theme was Follow the Sheep, the fourth season's theme was Table No 21, season 5 saw The Return of the Puzzles, Season 6 was Designed By You, and Season 7 was NY Times' Games. This season's theme is Let's Keep You Engaged.

This season, all the rounds are based on popular American and Indian adapted game shows with each round having a particular theme from the broad areas of Arts and Sports. Each round is individual based, but there will be some head-on competitive rounds and one group round where you will be competing in small groups of 3 to 4 people (chosen randomly based on time zones). I want to make one thing very clear - the scores from the group round will be added to your individual scores and the group round is only because one of the game shows that you'll be playing is usually played with 2 groups facing off.

So are you ready? Well then get ready, get set, and sign up! Sign up ends on Oct 13th 11:59 PM IST.

This season the leaderboard will be shared at the end as is usual. Additionally, for this season for 4 rounds you will need to come online at a time of your choosing (from provided slots). More details to come in the future. Based on last season, I will ensure that there are slots early in IST morning and then from afternoon to late night IST.

None of the rounds require any creativity (except in thinking maybe). Even the group round will not require creativity. It won't even require you to get to know each other as group or choose friends to play. It's more like 3 to 4 people will compete against 3 to 4 people. I wanted to make this abundantly clear because I know that group rounds always scare people away.

Questions can be asked in the thread (unless told otherwise) and I will accumulate the most important questions into a Q&A post below.

You are not allowed to ask anyone for help. This is your game and your game alone!

After each round, those that didn't submit answers or those with the lowest scores will be eliminated.

Note that you cannot ask anyone for help or reveal you are playing a game in any round. If you are suspected or caught cheating, you will be immediately removed from the game.

I will do my best to post results within an hour of the deadline along with the next round.

I reserve the right to reject your sign-up for this game. This applies to both before the sign-up deadline and after the deadline. Especially after the deadline, I reserve the right to reject your sign-up for fairness purposes.

Do not post your answers simply because a round is over. Until I post the results and everyone's answers or give you the go-ahead to post your answers, you are to assume that you posting your own answers will lead to your disqualification from the game.

Note that if you are not participating, do not post in this thread with anything like "that was easy I would have scored x points" or "such a simple round" or "here's my entry even though I'm not playing". I've had complaints from previous seasons and other games and I will ban you from my threads and/or raise your WL if you continue despite this rule. Saying you did not read the rule will not work. It's posted here and the assumption is that you've read it.

Tags - oh_nakhrewaali

Edited by Minionite - 5 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail

Q: How long will the game last?

A: I expect each round to last 2 to 3 days max and there are 5 rounds. This means the game should last approximately 10 to 15 days once sign-up is over. This may be slightly less or more depending on the time slots people play 4 rounds.

Q: Are the rounds creative or puzzle-based?

A: 100% puzzle-based and brain-related only.

Q: What if I select a time slot but then can't make it?

A: Give me advance warning as much as possible. If I can, I will slot you in a different time. Alternatively, I might continue with the next round but not post results while getting you to play the previous round along with the new round. This really depends on when you tell me and how fair I can be to you as well as other participants.

Q:

A:

Edited by Minionite - 6 days ago
Minionite thumbnail

Please don't change your UN in the middle of the game or at least inform me if you do. Last time someone changed their UN and I almost didn't send them future rounds because I didn't know.

1. CID-fan-394
  2. WildestDreams
  3. Swetha-Sai
  4. Rosyme
  5. --Priyaa--
  6. heavenlybliss
  7. SoniRita
  8. Neerasi29
  9. Pribz
  10. Agni_Jytsona
  11. Ajab.Pehchan
  12. minakrish
  13. nutmeg7
  14. PriyaArshiSarun
  15. foreverlazy
  16. BeingBlunt
  17. Palak2812
  18. RockingSunny
  19. FlauntPessimism
  20. Red_eyes94
  21. Life_Is_Dutiful
  22. Phenyl
  23. NINALOGY
  24. Bhavisweet03
  25. Alaukik
  26. Mystic_Muse
  27. AppleOfEye
  28. DevilHere
  29. Nichuss
  30. Just_Say_Cheese
  31. DiscoDhokla
  32. missFiesty_69
  33. MoodyMango
  34. mushat
  35. JustRandomGirl
  36. CholeKulche
  37. RainOfDew
  38. rac1
  39. Vedika.Kapoor
  40. kavya1994
Edited by Minionite - 2 days ago
Minionite thumbnail

Come and sign-up! Second last season of Jimmy Jab!

Minionite thumbnail

Second last season of Jimmy Jab games! Come and sign-up. Bring your friends!

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

Come and sign-up! Second last season of Jimmy Jab!

Sign me up!smiley41I'm ready to get torturedsmiley36

WildestDreams thumbnail

Of course, sign me up Soutensmiley36

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

JJ game is back smiley41

Please sign me up smiley14

Rosyme thumbnail

Pls sign me in. And keep it easy pls.