Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prizi thumbnail

India

Posted: 5 hours ago

India winning with most balls to spare in T20Is (Target: 100+)

49 vs Ban Gwalior 2024 (Tar: 128)

41 vs Zim Harare 2016 (Tar: 100)

31 vs Afg Gros Islet 2010 (Tar: 116)

30 vs Zim Harare 2010 (Tar: 112)

Prizi thumbnail

India

Posted: 5 hours ago

India have sailed through to a convincing victory with consummate ease. The T20 World Champions might be missing their stalwarts but there's no dearth of talent in this young Indian side. Only Shanto and Mehidy Hasan showed some resistance for Bangladesh but apart from that, there was nothing much to write about their batting performance. Agreed that the pitch was on the slower side but a lot of the Bangladeshi batters were dismissed courtesy poor shots.127 was not going to be enough against a deep Indian batting lineup. Abhishek started off in his typical slambang fashion but a misjudgement resulted in his run-out. Suryakumar attacked from the word-go and Samson played some beautiful strokes from the other end. The Indian skipper departed after playing a breezy cameo but the game was almost done by then. 71 runs came off the powerplay which completely pushed Bangladesh on the back foot. Samson also fell against the run of play. Pandya kept the runs flowing with some audacious strokes and alongwith Nitish Reddy, took India to a thumping win.

Edited by Prizi - 4 hours ago
Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

India

Posted: 4 hours ago

Only Shanto and Mehidy Hasan showed some resistance for Bangladesh but apart from that, there was nothing much to write about their batting performance. Agreed that the pitch was on the slower side but a lot of the Bangladeshi batters were dismissed courtesy poor shots. 127 was not going to be enough against a deep Indian batting lineup. Abhishek started off in his typical slambang fashion but a misjudgement resulted in hiis run-out. Suryakumar attacked from the word-go and Samson played some beautiful strokes from the other end.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Varun Chakravarthy: "After three long years, it was definitely emotional for me and it feels nice to be back in the Blues. Feels like a rebirth. I just want to stick to the process because that's what I was doing in the IPL also. I just want to stay in the present and don't want to think or express too much. After IPL, I played a few tournaments and one of those was the TNPL. That's a place where I worked a lot, with Ash bhai [R Ashwin] also. It was good preparation for me for this series. There have been many [challenges]. Once you are not in the Indian side people tend to write you off. But you have to stay at the highest level and keep knocking on the door. Thankfully, this time it paid off."

SoniRita thumbnail

India

And India wrap up the win inside 12 overs, treating the packed Gwalior crowd to an entertaining win for the home side. Hardik Pandya finishes unbeaten on 39 off 16, after some quickfire cameos from the top three. Debutant Nitish Kumar Reddy also finishes unbeaten. The win was set up, of course, by the bowlers. Arshdeep started the carnage and wrapped it up, while Varun Chakravarthy marked his international comeback with a three-wicket haul. Mayank Yadav impressed on international debut, starting off with a maiden over before grabbing Mahmudullah's wicket. A comprehensive display from them. Bangladesh will have a lot to think about. Will we see a batting order shuffle? How will their bowlers react to this? Like I said, they have a lot to think about.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Suryakumar attacked from the word-go and Samson played some beautiful strokes from the other end. The Indian skipper departed after playing a breezy cameo but the game was almost done by then. 71 runs came off the powerplay which completely pushed Bangladesh on the back foot. Samson also fell against the run of play. Pandya kept the runs flowing with some audacious strokes and alongwith Nitish Reddy, took India to a thumping win.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

India winning with most balls to spare in T20Is (Target: 100+)

49 vs Ban Gwalior 2024 (Tar: 128)

41 vs Zim Harare 2016 (Tar: 100)

31 vs Afg Gros Islet 2010 (Tar: 116)

30 vs Zim Harare 2010 (Tar: 112)

Prizi thumbnail

India

Most successive T20I wins for India (including Super Over wins)

12 wins bw Nov 2021 - Feb 2022

12 wins bw Dec 2023 - Jun 2024

9 wins bw Jan - Dec 2020

8 wins bw Jul 2024 - present *

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Most successive T20I wins for India (including Super Over wins)

12 wins bw Nov 2021 - Feb 2022

12 wins bw Dec 2023 - Jun 2024

9 wins bw Jan - Dec 2020

8 wins bw Jul 2024 - present *

Prizi thumbnail

India

Varun Chakravarthy: After three long years, it was definitely emotional for me. Feels nice to be back in the blues, it feels like a rebirth, I just want to stick to the process, that's what I have been following in the IPL as well, I don't want to go beyond what's there and I just want to stay in the present, that's why I don;t want to thing too much ot express too much. After IPL I played few tournaments and one of those was TNPL, it's a very good tournament and high standard as well. That's a place where I work a lot, with Ash (Ashwin) bhai also, we won the championship as well, That gave me the confidence here. It was a good preparation for me for this series. (A dropped catch off his bowling in his 1st over) It could have gone my way, but that's how cricket is, I can't complain, thankful to God. There have been many (challenges). once you are not in the Indian side, people tend to write you off very easily, you need to stay in the highest level, again and again you need to keep knocking the door, thankfully this time it happened, hopefully I can keep continuing my good work.