India

Posted: 7 hours ago

Thank you, Soni, for the thread and for tagging me. smiley31

Best wishes for both teams, a bit more for India.smiley1

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

India

Posted: 7 hours ago

I forgot that Broach retired from T20Is for a moment and got sad all over again.

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
Posted: 6 hours ago

thanks for the tag. go India

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 5 hours ago

Less than three months ago, Abhishek Sharma was at the pinnacle of his young career. "Today's my day," he had declared after smashing a 46-ball hundred in only his second international appearance. And he did that while opening the batting with his friend and Punjab teammate from U-12 days, Shubman Gill, who incidentally was also captaining the side. Fittingly, it was Gill's bat with which he reached the milestone.

But cricket has a way of turning fortunes around quickly. Just two days later, he had to move down the order to accommodate Yashasvi Jaiswal, the incumbent opener, and unfortunately that was it for Abhishek's short stint at the top. He wasn't even in the Indian squad for India's tour of Sri Lanka later that month.

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 4 hours ago

Sandwiched between two home Test series are these three T20Is for India against their neighbours. Hello everyone and a warm welcome to the first of the three T20Is between India and Bangladesh. The last time Gwalior hosted an international match, Sachin Tendulkar made history by becoming the first man to record a double century in ODIs. This is a new stadium which has only witnessed a handful of local matches (Madhya Pradesh T20 League in June). India, under Suryakumar Yadav, will be fielding an inexperienced line-up in comparison to their opponents. Despite that, the hosts come into this series as favourites. Three members of the successful World Cup campaign are part of the squad - SKY, Hardik and Arshdeep Singh. There are three extremely talented players who'll be eager to make their international debuts - Nitish Reddy, Mayank Yadav and Harshit Rana. And the rest are no strangers to T20 cricket.

Savera84 thumbnail

Bangladesh will be without their highest run-getter and highest wicket-taker - Shakib Al Hasan - who has announced his retirement from this format. They have a potent bowling line-up - Rishad Hossain is a crafty leggie, Mehidy makes a comeback into the T20Is and there's plenty of pace bowling options (Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Tanzim Hasan Sakib and Shoriful Islam) as well. It's the batting department that has let them down a lot in the recent past. Can they put the inexperienced Indian bowling attack under pressure? Bangladesh have beaten India only once in 14 head-to-head T20I encounters. Can they improve that record? Let's find out. Action isn't too far away...

Savera84 thumbnail

The Indian Test season is on in full swing, but surely that doesn't mean we can't take a short break to slip in a few T20Is? India seemed to already be in T20 batting mode in their last Test against Bangladesh, although today it'll be a wholly different set of players in action. Bangladesh will hope the T20 series goes better than the Tests, and will rely on their experience to give them an edge. Today, of course, the two teams meet in Gwalior, amid prohibitory orders in the city amid some calls for boycott of the game and the threat of rain, but hopefully we will have plenty of cricket in store for us. Hello and welcome to ESPNcricinfo's live coverage of the first T20I between India and Bangladesh. I'm Abhimanyu and I'll be joined soon by Sid Monga as we bring you all the action from the Shrimant Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Stadium today.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Mustafa Moudi: "Happy 40th Birthday to India's New Bowling Coach Morne Morkel. Cant believe, he is just 40 considering the fact that he has retired more than 6.5 years ago. Wish he had a longer International Career !!"

SoniRita thumbnail

India

β€œHow is the weather at gwalior? Pls dont say there is rain in the air, i will be in deep frustration then!" While rain was predicted, it looks like the weather Gods are in the mood for some cricket today.

Abc775 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

India

The flip of the coin lands in the favor of India and Suryakumar Yadav elects to BOWL first