Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Posted: 2 days ago

i love Abhira the most in gen 4 and will always root for her, but I also feel the writers are changing her personality?

I understand that she is newly married and is navigating complex family dynamics, but at what cost? I have been reading people say, that she has lost her self respect and while I don't agree to it, I do understand.

Making a cake for someone like Vidya, who consistently disrespects her, enduring Armaan’s silent treatment and other incidents where she was disrespected, feels like she is not only trying to keep the peace, but unconsciously enabling their toxic behavior. It is as if her desire to mend the situation is overshadowing her need to protect her own dignity.

She is definitely a very strong character and has a pure heart ( I can nowhere tolerate 10% of what she had to), While I don’t believe Abhira has lost her self respect yet, but her kindness, patience and her wanting to mend everything is setting the stage for her to be walked over. By not pushing back and setting boundaries, she is slowly allowing herself subconsciously to become a doormat.

Dear Abhira, You are a sunshine character, don't become like your mumma smiley19

P.S -

@pinecone, i was trying to reply to one of your comment in which you had tagged me, but that thread got closed, so was unable to reply, also I was anyways planning to make a post on Abhira, so thought would write a combined answer.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shinning_AD thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Armaan is all after V and neglecting Abhira in all this? What can Abhira even do if Dadisa doesn’t let them leave and Armaan claims he can’t live without his mom 🤨

itsShonali thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Team Ru-Ro (Gen 4)

Almost every ITV FL is dumb, self righteous creatures who are hypocritical and always end up behaving unlike what their character was initially presented to be as. These zabardasti ke mahaan characters are highly intolerable.

ITV makers have never been able to do justice to their characters be it the main leads or the parallel leads or the villains. Like how they immediately jumped on Ruhi is all good and nice now without showing her struggles and efforts to reach there and where is the development from using Rohit as a pawn to consummating her marriage with him and even being pregnant.

As for Abhira, if she had stayed true to her character, she wouldn't be too focused on pleasing everybody instead of setting healthy boundaries. Like, she is supposed to be a lawyer who fights for the right thing then why is she trying to please a woman who is being so rude and vile towards her just because of her inability to make babies.

Like, which era are they living in where a woman has to get pregnant to gain acceptance by her in-laws?! Also, now that she is officially the daughter-in-law, the focus on her career will now only be limited to fighting cases for and against the Poddar family. And that too will be so rare and only happen to cause Armaan and Abhira separation.

Is this the progressive ideology?! Is this what Abhira's character was meant to be? If it had been Ruhi, it would have been understandable and it would have made sense because the makers made Ruhi to be only family oriented, wanting to be the daughter-in-law, wife, mother and just have a family and be with the family.

But that is not what Abhira was supposed to be, right?!

This whole show is dumb, I only keep myself updated for the Ruhi-Rohit story and scenes.

Edited by itsShonali - 2 days ago

It's very hard to connect with ITV FL sometimes. I don't think in today's time anyone will have that much patience and deal with it accordingly. This show has become so regressive and negative. Vamp Roohi is glorified and lead is being made bechari abla naari. This sauteli maa Vidya is also glorified and Armaan Abhira craving for her love and acceptance is getting too much.

Like you I too like Abhira but it's super hard to connect with her. On top of that this gen writers likes vamps more than leads. That's why Abhira is given full length blouses after marriage, being made to share same marriage dress with vamp.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

Posted: a day ago

Originally posted by: itsShonali

Almost every ITV FL is dumb, self righteous creatures who are hypocritical and always end up behaving unlike what their character was initially presented to be as. These zabardasti ke mahaan characters are highly intolerable.

ITV makers have never been able to do justice to their characters be it the main leads or the parallel leads or the villains. Like how they immediately jumped on Ruhi is all good and nice now without showing her struggles and efforts to reach there and where is the development from using Rohit as a pawn to consummating her marriage with him and even being pregnant.

As for Abhira, if she had stayed true to her character, she wouldn't be too focused on pleasing everybody instead of setting healthy boundaries. Like, she is supposed to be a lawyer who fights for the right thing then why is she trying to please a woman who is being so rude and vile towards her just because of her inability to make babies.

Like, which era are they living in where a woman has to get pregnant to gain acceptance by her in-laws?! Also, now that she is officially the daughter-in-law, the focus on her career will now only be limited to fighting cases for and against the Poddar family. And that too will be so rare and only happen to cause Armaan and Abhira separation.

Is this the progressive ideology?! Is this what Abhira's character was meant to be? If it had been Ruhi, it would have been understandable and it would have made sense because the makers made Ruhi to be only family oriented, wanting to be the daughter-in-law, wife, mother and just have a family and be with the family.

But that is not what Abhira was supposed to be, right?!

This whole show is dumb, I only keep myself updated for the Ruhi-Rohit story and scenes.

Agreed..

If she stays true to her character , she would never fall in love with a person like arman . She would never listen to advices of people like madhav vidya or bnanu but go by her gut feeling, focus on her career first & fulfill her mother's dreams ..she would never wanna please vidya , infact not marry arman after the way she was treated on mehndi..she would never marry arman when dadisa nearly forced her to sign the prenup papers..

Likewise if she was a self respecting character she would never be in poddar house..a righteous lawyer means she won't stay long in poddar firm ..a good poddar bahu means a subservient woman ..a good wife to arman means accepting his ideology of a happy family and his baggage and his maaa jaap ..he's happy only if his family is happy with hum..

You see that's why they changed abhira ..

She stayed in ph for 9 months in a deal shadi coz she knew she will leave when the deal is over ..but now if she stays bk , she WILL have to be the good bahu..see this is what her husband would want ..

Edited by Krinya - a day ago