Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Dum Maaro Dum

I Am Kalam

Luck By Chance

Dil Dhadakne Do

Dil Chahta Hai

Talaash

Lakshya

Not my top ten fav. though (except Luck By Chance)

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 days ago

I'd love to know what foreigners who're unfamiliar with Indian culture think about the Hera Pheri series and if they find it funny

Those movies are considered comedy gold here

Edited by TotalBetty - 12 days ago
DystopicSpark thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

I'd love to know what foreigners who're unfamiliar with Indian culture think about the Hera Pheri series and if they find it funny

Those movies are considered comedy gold here

I've never heard of it, but I'll check it out!

TotalBetty thumbnail
Posted: 11 days ago

Originally posted by: DystopicSpark

I've never heard of it, but I'll check it out!

I forgot to add and Priyadarshan's comedy movies in general cz they're beloved here

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

RomComs/Romantic dramas

Jab We Met (2007)

Salaam Namastey (2005)

Kal Ho Naa ho (2003)

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)

Dil to Bachcha hai Ji (2011)

Dil Se (1998)

Cocktail (2012)

Comedies

3 Idiots (2009)

Garam Masala (2005)

Chup Chup Ke (2006)

Other genders

Dil Chahta Hai (2001)

Kaminey (2009)

Omkara (2006)

Dum Maro Dum (2011)

Kahaani (2012)

Ek The Tiger (2012)

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2012)

Luck By Chance (2009)

Dil Dhadakne Do

Maqbool (2004)

Johnny Gaddar (2007)

Don (2006)

Edited by forza - 11 days ago
forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I forgot to add and Priyadarshan's comedy movies in general cz they're beloved here

Priyadarshan is a fcking LEGEND

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

When I found a possibility to watch originals I mostly skipped watching the Hindi remake, especially when the original had been the debut movie of a director (cum writer).

I read about Hera Pheri and would have watched it (as I had got to know Akshay first through comic roles), but when I saw a possibility to watch the Malayalam original, I then skipped the series as I didn't like the story-version of the first Hindi remake (having already watched Tabu, Akshay, Suniel, and Paresh in other movies and some of Priyadarshan's other movies).

Edited by Clochette - 11 days ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

When I found a possibility to watch originals I mostly skipped watching the Hindi remake, especially when the original had been the debut movie of a director (cum writer).

I read about Hera Pheri and would have watched it (as I had got to know Akshay first through comic roles), but when I saw a possibility to watch the Malayalam original, I then skipped the series as I didn't like the story-version of the first Hindi remake (having already watched Tabu, Akshay, Suniel, and Paresh in other movies and some of Priyadarshan's other movies).

Did you like the Malayalam version? Find it funny?

And do you enjoy watching Priyadarshan's comedy movies

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 days ago

Did you like the Malayalam version? Find it funny?

And do you enjoy watching Priyadarshan's comedy movies

Ramjirao Speaking? Yes, it's funny...but much more than that...it's also touching and sometimes sad... I've developped a liking for the way Malayalam movies tell their strories... different from the Hindi ones... a lot of warmth in the rendition of the story...and loooong fights
smiley36

I haven't watched many Priyadarshan movies, also couldn't watch his first one as a director which is also the first he made with Mohanlal (couldn't find it on a streaming platform yet). I think, it is a gorgeous one.

I liked his Malayalam version of the French stage play Boeing Boeing very much, watched his Hindi version of his Vellanakalude Nadu as I couldn't find the Malayalam version... Priyadarshan remade some of his own movies in Hindi with Akshay in the lead (but to me, Akshay isn't a match to Mohanlal). I found Aryan with Mohanlal (not a comedy at all) and the sweet Chandralekha. In Hindi I watched also Malamaal Weekly, Bhool Bhulaiyaa (also watched the original version with Mohanlal) and Billu.