Tests taken by each team to have W/L ratio > 1 for the maiden time

1 Australia

3 Afghanistan

16 Pakistan

23 England

99 West Indies

340 South Africa

580 India

New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, & Ireland are yet to achieve the feat.

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 2 hours ago

Rohit Sharma, India captain: It was a great result looking what lies ahead. Playing after a while but you are in touch with the game. Need to be working as a group, had a good lead-up and got the win. (Pant) has been through some tough times, the way he has managed himself through those tough times has been superb to watch. He's done well in the IPL, the World Cup, and this is the format he loves the most. We always knew what he can do with the bat, our focus was to give him game time. He did that in the Duleep trophy and now here. We want to build our team around strong bowling options, we have to be ready to face whatever the conditions offer. Gotta give credit to the bowlers who want to take responsibility. Beautiful pitch, red soil always offers a lot. You have to be patient. You've gotten used to things happening every ball in India, but it wasn't the case here. We were patient to get the big runs and take wickets. (Ashwin) will come in and talk to you, he's the right man to answer what he does. He's always there for us over the years. I don't know if I speak here it'll be enough to cover what he does for the team. He looks like he's never out of the game. He played IPL, had some fun in the TNPL. He batted up the order and that helped.

Prizi thumbnail

India

India in Tests

Mat: 580

Won: 179 *

Lost: 178

Draw: 222

Tied: 1

For the first time in their 92-year old Test cricket history, India have more wins than defeats.

Savera84 thumbnail

R Ashwin, POTM: No, I don't keep track of POTM awards. Every time I play in Chennai, it's an amazing feeling. I've watched a lot of Tests, int'l cricket in those stands, to do it in front of those renovated stands is great. It was an opportunity to fight, dig in deep. I've seen so many team-mates do it in the past. Was a special innings, didn't sink in till day 2. I make a living by bowling, so bowling comes first. I think like a bowler naturally but have focused my thoughts with batting. The compartmentalisation is work in progress.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Ravichandran Ashwin | Player of the Match: (Century and fifer) Every time I play in Chennai, it's an amazing feeling for me. I have watched a lot of Test cricket and international cricket sitting in those stands. I am probably enjoying my play because what I am doing. It was an opportunity to fight and dig in deep. I kept it simple, have to thank Jadeja who helped me. Quite a special knock, didn't sink in till day two. I make a living by bowling. Bowling comes first. Batting is something that comes naturally. Over the last few years, I have tried to compartmentalize.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Rohit Sharma: It was a great result looking at what lies ahead for us. We are playing after a long time, but you are never out of cricket. We came here a week before, we wanted the result we wanted. (Pant's hundred) He's been through some really tough times. The way he has managed himself was superb to watch. He came back in the IPL, followed by a successful World Cup and this is a format he loves the most. It was about giving him the game time. Credit to him, he had an impact straightaway. No matter what the conditions are, we want to build the team around that. In the last few years, wherever we have played, we have managed to have that in the armoury. You have to give credit to the guys, they want to put their hand up. The red soil pitch always has something to offer. You need to have a little bit of patience as well. This was a pitch where we had to show a lot of patience. We were patient enough with the bat and with the ball as well to put them under pressure. (On Ashwin) He's always there for us with the ball and bat. Every time we see him, it's always beautiful. He's never out of the game. He had some fun bating in the TNPL.

Savera84 thumbnail

Abinash Das: "What makes Ashwin stand out is not only his skills with the bat and ball(which is unquestionable) but his deep understanding of the game. He is undoubtedly one of the greatest theorists of the game." He's a theorist, a practitioner, an all-round magician, isn't he? And it's been fun watching that over the past five days and the years preceding. Long may it continue.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Najmul Hossain Shanto: The positive thing is the way Hasan, Taskin and Nahid Rana bowled in the first innings. They (India) batted really well. Seaming option - everyone contributed. We have bowled well with the new ball but we have to continue that. As a batter, I always try to contribute. I enjoy my batting. Just try to bat as long as possible without thinking about the result, that's what we wanted to do.