Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 21 hours ago

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

yeah its not possible tbh. bangladesh will never score 500+ in 4th innings, forget bangladesh its tough for big teams too. thats why i say if bangladesh had batted better in the 2nd inngs and added 150-200 runs more the target wont have been massive like 500.

Oh my mistake. I thought 2nd innings as 2nd innings of Bangladesh (the fourth innings of the game)

But then I think had Bangladesh scored more in their first innings, probably India wouldn't have declared early. Probably played the entire day today to finally give 500ish target to BD.

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 21 hours ago
Spideyweb thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

India

Posted: 19 hours ago

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Oh my mistake. I thought 2nd innings as 2nd innings of Bangladesh (the fourth innings of the game)

But then I think had Bangladesh scored more in their first innings, probably India wouldn't have declared early. Probably played the entire day today to finally give 500ish target to BD.

I think it would be better to declare after the 3rd day..two days is sufficient for the bowlers to bowl them out..

Spideyweb thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

India

Posted: 19 hours ago

Spinners are being wacked 😭

no way 😭 😭

Edited by Spideyweb - 19 hours ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 8 hours ago

Hello everyone and a warm welcome to the fourth day's play of this Chennai Test. It's been a good sporting deck here at Chepauk which has kept everyone interested. The pacers enjoyed success on the first two days with Hasan Mahmud and Jasprit Bumrah picking a fifer and four-for respectively. The 199-run stand between Ashwin and Jadeja turned out to be the difference between the two sides in the first innings as India gained a lead of 227 runs. Hundreds from Rishabh Pant and Shubman Gill resulted in India setting a target in excess of 500. Although Bangladesh got off to a decent start chasing a mammoth total, they stuttered in the final session yesterday losing four wickets in the process. Ashwin bowled a long spell and accounted for three of the four wickets. He got more purchase off the surface yesterday evening and batting is expected to get tougher. Skipper Shanto batted with a lot of confidence to register his first fifty in 11 Test innings. Can he bat big and keep the Indians at bay? Or will the hosts run through the Bangladeshi line-up? There was overnight rain but there's no rain now. The players are seen warming up and let's hope we get an on-time start.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Pitch Report | Murali Kartik and Dinesh Karthik: "There is enough and more to keep the spinners interested. I am standing at the end which closer to the pavilion from where the batters were facing Ravichandran Ashwin - there is enough and more turn for the spinners from the straight. Keeps everyone interested, the slip, the wicketkeeper. This pitch is crumbling, there's enough happening for the spinners. And why it happens on a red soil pitch is the fact that it is powdery. This powdery nature tells you how hard the pitch is and hence when it disintegrates, it becomes that much more for the spinners to work with. Both ends of the pitch have very different rough. This is a lot better for Ashwin to bowl at to a right-hander. And as we move to the other side, we'll notice that the hardness of the pitch remains consistent but as you get closer to where the batters are, that's when a left-arm spinner like Ravindra Jadeja would enjoy bowling at. There is enough and more rough."

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

In fact, Bangladesh bowlers made this match interesting by winding up top order within first few overs in both innings.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Rishabh Pant scored 109 while Shubman Gill finished unbeaten on 119

Gill, Pant glide and gallop on an unforgiving day of runs!

As an overcast and windswept morning wound down ever so slowly, the fun and games could begin. The pitch was behaving, there were more than enough runs on the board. Bangladesh's attack was beaten and broken, and with Shubman Gill and Rishabh Pant settled and comfortable, the sound-check was complete for all their top hits to be played. The crunchy shot-arm punch-drive, the disdainful ramp over the shoulder, the fleet-footed shimmy and loft as well as its one-handed cousin.

In an otherwise harmonious 167-run stand between India's two centurions on the third day of the Chennai Test, there were only a couple of things out of tune. The first was a mid-pitch routine between the two batters that involved clattering the bats twice. A bemused Gill would reveal after the day's play that Pant demanded a second bat-tap whenever he felt the first one wasn't timed well even if it risked damage to Gill's bat that was pressed into service during the England series.smiley4

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Shubman Gill: Even when I was not scoring runs, I always thought I made the right call (to move to No.3), it was never about the number, it was just about my own performance. It was more about me being able to play both the roles - playing spin and pace. In the India A and Ranji Trophy matches that I played, I did bat at No. 5, No.4 and No. 3 as well and I did score some runs there. I was always confident about me being able to score runs apart from opening. There's a different kind of confidence you get when you stand your ground and you punch a bowler down the ground. (On Pant's unusual shots) It's very different from the way that I play, so watching someone like him play those shots, I feel like I have the best seat in the house. Just having those conversations with him in the middle, I could tell that he's now sensing to do something different. We don't really talk that much about cricket, it's more about having fun in the middle, just being normal how we are off the field.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Gill didn't expect Pant's idiosyncrasies to extend beyond his battingsmiley4 even after having "spent so much time with him on and off the field" was reflected in a rather curious fact: In 12 Tests and 13 first class games, Gill and Pant had never previously batted together, not even at the Gabba three years ago, when they bookended one of India's greatest fourth-innings chases away from home with two defining knocks.

Just as they were socially distanced by their batting positions in Brisbane - Gill, the opener and Pant, the keeper-bat in the middle-order, these two brightest batting prospects to emerge from that historic series win in Australia also suffered cruel twists of form and fate that diverged their paths until this Chennai meeting point. Gill's Test career didn't take off as well as it was hoped it would. He willingly dropped stations to No.3 but endured a wretched run of form over 11 innings - between the WTC 2023 Final and the Hyderabad Test - averaging a paltry 17.30 with a best of 36.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 7 hours ago

IND 376 & 287/4 d

BAN 149 & 169/4 (44.4)

CRR: 3.78

Day 4: 1st Session - Bangladesh need 346 runs

Bumrah to Shakib, FOUR, 134.8kph, fuller than a length, Shakib