Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 16 hours ago

Pitch Report | Dinesh Karthik: It's a day very unlike to what we are used to in Chennai - very cool at the moment at 28 degrees, but as the day progresses, it promises to be 33-34 which will be like the Chennai we all know. As we speak about the pitch, it's a red soil pitch. And what does red soil mean - bounce, turn and as the game progresses, the big spinners come into play. They have left a little bit of residual moisture underneath the pitch. So the fast bowlers will have their say at the start.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

India play 3 seamers and 2 spinners

India have gone with three seamers and two spinners for the 1st Test. Jasprit Bumrah, Akash Deep, Siraj, Ashwin and Jadeja make the eleven today.

Rohit loses the toss

Bangladesh skipper Najmul Hossain Shanto has won the toss and elected to bowl first on Day 1 of the 1st Test.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

India might play three seamers given the overcast conditions and bounce offered by the red soil pitch.

Here is the India playing 11 for the 1st Test against Bangladesh:

Rohit Sharma(c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Akash Deep, Mohammed Siraj

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Thankyou so much for the tag

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Teams:

Bangladesh (Playing XI): Shadman Islam, Zakir Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Litton Das(w), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Nahid Rana

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Akash Deep, Mohammed Siraj

Rohit Sharma: I would have done that as well (bowl first). Little soft, the pitch. It's going to be challenging conditions. We have prepared well, so we should back our potential and play the way we know. Looking at the 10 Test matches, every match is important. But we want to focus on what lies in front of us. We came here a week back, we had a good prep leading up to this one. We feel confident. Three seamers and two spinners - Bumrah, Akash Deep, Siraj, Ashwin and Jadeja.

Najmul Hossain Shanto: I'll like to bowl first. There's moisture on the wicket and we want to make use of it. Pitch looks hard and there's moisture. The first session will be very good for the seamers. The way we played that series (against Pakistan), we are confident. This is a new series, we'll have to follow our processes. It's a good mixture of experience and youth. We go with three seamers and two spin allrounders.

Savera84 thumbnail

Bangladesh won the toss and elected to field.

Rohit Sharma, India captain says he would have fielded first. The conditions will be challenging. We have prepared well. Looking at the 10 Tests coming up, they will be important. Trying to maintain focus here. Came here a week back, good prep leading up. We've done everything we're supposed to do. We've gone with three seamers - Akash, Bumrah Siraj, two spinners - Ashwin and Jadeja

Najmul Hossain Shanto, Bangladesh captain, says there is moisture on the wicket and will like to use the conditions. It looks hard and will be good for the seamers in the first session. Says the Pakistan series has given them confidence. All the experienced and young guys give us a good mix. Like in the last game in Pakistan, we will go with three seamers and two allrounders.

Savera84 thumbnail

Bangladesh XI: 1 Shadman Islam, 2 Zakir Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto (capt), 4 Mominul Haque, 5 Mushfiqur Rahim, 6 Shakib Al Hasan, 7 Litton Das (wk), 8 Mehidy Hasan Miraz, 9 Hasan Mahmud, 10 Nahid Rana, 11 Taskin Ahmed

India XI: 1 Rohit Sharma (capt), 2 Yashasvi Jaiswal, 3 Shubman Gill, 4 Virat Kohli, 5 KL Rahul, 6 Rishabh Pant (wk), 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Jasprit Bumrah, 10 Akash Deep, 11 Mohammed Siraj

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

The players and the match officials stride out for the national anthems.

Ashwin: (4 Tests in Chennai - his most memorable) The game against England was a game played after the Covid break, the first time the crowd was back. I didn't expect that kind of a reception. For that game to turn out the way it turned out for me was quite special. It's always been an incredible ground for me, great memories, very old memories as well. Excitement and ambition always remain the same when I take the field. Cricket is a game that I totally adore. I have enjoyed every single moment that I have been on the field. Age is a number but the kind of work you stack up over a period of time to get out there in the park and have the best energy levels to be able to persevere and keep going ... definitely takes toll over a period of time. You need to work harder to get that little bit of an advantage. All the Test matches that we have played here barring the one where it was kind of low-scoring against England, generally the batsmen have got huge runs

Savera84 thumbnail

How ya doin'? That early-morning anticipation, which only Test cricket brings, is back. It starts with Chennai, which is hosting its first Test in three years. This is where, with the annihilation of Australia in 2013, India began a dominant run of supremacy at home. They are yet to a lose a home series since then. In fact you can count the number of Tests they have lost on your fingers. One of the big reasons for this dominance is their spin twins. One of them turned 38 day before yesterday. Will it be R Ashwin's last at his home ground? India's new coach starts his innings here. And what about the Bangladesh pace attack? Their two spinners. So much to look forward to.

Savera84 thumbnail

The players and the match officials stride out for the national anthems. Bangladesh's first, followed by India's.