Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 24 days ago

I think he only supported Abhira for really major things but for everything else he actually picked others over her, expecting her to adjust and understand.

The thing that annoyed me most was his inability to snap out of the promise to Ruhi and stop feeling SO guilty and overly protective of her too. The distinction between the place of both women in his life was often blurred. He should have kept on progressively distancing Ruhi from himself because whether his brother is around or not, she is his SIL. And she had enough people to look out for her but Abhira only had him. So the fact that he often supported Ruhi over Abhira upset me a lot. Perhaps it came from a place of feeling a haq on Abhira and treating her as an extension of him and regarding her as a single unit with him but it ended up making Ab feel small, feel upset and insulted.

He actively encouraged Ruhis delusions and her involvement in his personal life instead of telling her that even Rohit being dead doesn't change anything about him no longer wanting to be with her and her not having any haq in his life. And for that I don't think I can ever fully forgive him.

I can understand his dilemma in not wanting to confuse zimmedari with a real shaadi because of the circumstances but i never understood why he took so long to snap out of the Ruhi daze. He took it too far by almost marrying Ruhi and so easily letting go of Ab by divorcing her.

I think pretty early on he went from being only a guardian but also regarding Ab as his friend because she was extremely perceptive and could get him to open up and lend a non judgemental ear. But he kept changing roles as per HIS convenience. Suddenly he'd tell her to not interfere in his family matters or ask questions about his personal life but he would also not hesitate to expect her to confide in him, listen to him and regard his family as hers too. He came to expect her to be 100 % honest with him, but could never give her the same in return for the longest time.

I wish the narrative had shown him more guilty about hiding something so big from Abhira. He owed the truth to his friend even if he didn't to his "deal/zimmedari" waali wife.

Originally posted by: Pinecone

I think he only supported Abhira for really major things but for everything else he actually picked others over her, expecting her to adjust and understand.

The thing that annoyed me most was his inability to snap out of the promise to Ruhi and stop feeling SO guilty and overly protective of her too. The distinction between the place of both women in his life was often blurred. He should have kept on progressively distancing Ruhi from himself because whether his brother is around or not, she is his SIL. And she had enough people to look out for her but Abhira only had him. So the fact that he often supported Ruhi over Abhira upset me a lot. Perhaps it came from a place of feeling a haq on Abhira and treating her as an extension of him and regarding her as a single unit with him but it ended up making Ab feel small, feel upset and insulted.

He actively encouraged Ruhis delusions and her involvement in his personal life instead of telling her that even Rohit being dead doesn't change anything about him no longer wanting to be with her and her not having any haq in his life. And for that I don't think I can ever fully forgive him.

I can understand his dilemma in not wanting to confuse zimmedari with a real shaadi because of the circumstances but i never understood why he took so long to snap out of the Ruhi daze. He took it too far by almost marrying Ruhi and so easily letting go of Ab by divorcing her.

I think pretty early on he went from being only a guardian but also regarding Ab as his friend because she was extremely perceptive and could get him to open up and lend a non judgemental ear. But he kept changing roles as per HIS convenience. Suddenly he'd tell her to not interfere in his family matters or ask questions about his personal life but he would also not hesitate to expect her to confide in him, listen to him and regard his family as hers too. He came to expect her to be 100 % honest with him, but could never give her the same in return for the longest time.

I wish the narrative had shown him more guilty about hiding something so big from Abhira. He owed the truth to his friend even if he didn't to his "deal/zimmedari" waali wife.

I agree his redemption track was too easy. The writers did hurry bringing Rohit back. They should have given 1-2 months more to armaan and abhira. And the constant Ruhi puran from the beginning was annoying, no doubt.

And him taking her to the alter was another mistake on his part.

No matter what, he had played with the feelings of two women.

He should have had better boundaries with ruhi after both got married. And when in Mussoorie ruhi had asked for their future marriage he should have said no, he should have said he will not think about that until abhira is in his life as his wife.

But he is a people pleaser, that's his biggest character flaw. This has been instilled into him by kaveri to always make others happy, always do what they want, never have his own opinions. And he was operating under that thought process. It's subconscious to him I guess. That constant fear if he hurt anyone in the family, he will be out of the family. And kaveri had always treated ruhi like family more than armaan.

But I feel, right now he is on a transition track where this people pleasing part of him is fading away slowly.

That old armaan who did all those things, would have never bought another house and decided to leave Poddar house against kaveri.

So there are changes, it's just they are slow.

Edited by wallflowergirl - 18 days ago
Milalal27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

smiley27smiley27 loving the twist at the end with the Judge angle.

Pinecone thumbnail
Posted: 23 days ago

Originally posted by: wallflowergirl

I agree his redemption track was too easy. The writers did hurry bringing Rohit back. They have should have given 1-2 months more to armaan and abhira. And the constant Ruhi puran from the beginning was annoying, no doubt.

And him taking her to the alter was another mistake on his part.

No matter what, he had played with the feelings of two women.

He should have had better boundaries with ruhi after both got married. And when in mussoorie ruhi had asked for their future marriage he should have said no, he will not think about that until abhira is in his life as his wife.

But he is a people pleaser, that's his biggest character flow. This has been instilled into him by kaveri to always make others happy, always do what they want, never have his own opinions. And he was operating under that thought process. It's subconscious to him I guess. That constant fear if he hurt anyone in the family, he will be out of the family. And kaveri had always treated ruhi like family more than armaan.

But I feel, right now he is on a transition track where this people pleasing part of him is fading away slowly.

That old armaan who did all those things, would have never bought another house and decided to leave Poddar house against kaveri.

So there are changes, it's just they are slow.

Abhira should have been inconsequential to maintaining boundaries and saying a clear NO to Ruhi. The issue is he made ruhi feel as if Abhira's presence as his zimmedari is the reason he cant be with her even though Rohit was gone. and to some extent it looked like he had even started entertaining the idea of getting with Ruhi after 1 year ended with Abhira. but he never spoke about to Abhira about how they would actually end things. He didnt even discuss it after Ruhi showed up in Mussoorie. that was a huge error. he encouraged Ruhi to dream of shaadi and all but he didnt give any warning to Abhira that he was still planning to end things with her. he made it seem as if he would never divorce her and tore papers, giving her hope of a real shaadi.

he should have told Ruhi to move on , leave PH and go live her life but he wanted her to stay in PH and let her guilt trip him, he even went said no to the alliance that came for Ruhi from a good guy instead of letting Ruhi deal with it herself, and thereby he created a royal mess.

Even if Abhira didnt exist at all, morally Ruhi was off limits for him because she would always be his SIL, so he messed up a lot by letting Ruhi feel like she had a haq on him.

He should have told her clearly that Abhira ho na ho, he cannot be with her.

He should have told her clearly that Rohit mar bhi gaya toh doesnt mean he would get together with his brothers widow.

He should have refused to marry Ruhi even if he was divorcing Abhira

I am so so happy to see him finally distance himself from Ruhi and clearly say she was just an infatuation and never his love and he has stopped putting others over his own wishes and over Abhira. his character arc has been superb ever since he acknowledged his feelings for Abhira and dumped Ruhi. He has grown by leaps and bounds and everyday he is fixing his previous errors. Thats midblowing. But i kinda wish that him distancing Ruhi, realizing she isnt right for him and he wont ever love her- had all happened even without the need for an Abhira in his life and realizing he loves Abhira. he should have pushed Ruhi away even before he realized he loves Abhira. as of now, its like knowing about Abhira's feelings for him and the truth about Kaveri and her deal made him snap out of his Ruhi daze. but what if he didnt overhear the Kaveri-Ab conversation or didnt catch Abhira at an emotional moment when she spilled her feelings, would he have married Ruhi?

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Love reading the honeymoon phase and them discovering about abhira pregnancy

Excited for family reactions on both news

Abhira should have been inconsequential to maintaining boundaries and saying a clear NO to Ruhi. The issue is he made ruhi feel as if Abhira's presence as his zimmedari is the reason he cant be with her even though Rohit was gone. and to some extent it looked like he had even started entertaining the idea of getting with Ruhi after 1 year ended with Abhira. but he never spoke about to Abhira about how they would actually end things. He didnt even discuss it after Ruhi showed up in Mussoorie. that was a huge error. he encouraged Ruhi to dream of shaadi and all but he didnt give any warning to Abhira that he was still planning to end things with her. he made it seem as if he would never divorce her and tore papers, giving her hope of a real shaadi.

Yes, I agree Armaan did many wrong things when it came to both Ruhi and Abhira. But we also have to remember that he genuinely believed Ruhi was is true love until Abhira hadn’t left Poddar house. That is when he started missing her, started thinking about her. The thought of not having abhira in his life, not being able to talk to her, not seeing her everyday made him realise that she is more than a zimmedari to him. His feelings towards Abhira were even pointed out by Kaveri. Armaan didn’t came to that realisation himself, beca He has never experienced that kind of feelings and emotions before Abhira. Not even for his family let alone Ruhi. So until his feelings for Abhira were not crystal clear to him, he was operating under the impression that Ruhi is his true love. And he would never do any to hurt someone he loves. After all acha Aadmi Jo hai. But jab use Abhira ke liye feelings realise hue to isme flip aa gya. And Armaan started maintaining distance from Ruhi.

He had told abhira clearly he will get new papers when the time is right, that he still has his promise to complete. Maybe he didn’t meant what he said, but he had told her they will get divorce when they both will decide and tore the papers. Yes he was not happy letting Abhira sign the papers, even later on when dadi-sa wanted them to get divorce he wasn’t ready, he was giving the excuse of his promise, but he also kept saying that only 3 months are left in one year and they should not end the marriage before that. He never once said he wants it to be a real marriage or that he sees a future with Abhira. So he never gave Abhira false hopes, but to Ruhi ke kept promising a marriage after his divorce.

he should have told Ruhi to move on , leave PH and go live her life but he wanted her to stay in PH and let her guilt trip him, he even went said no to the alliance that came for Ruhi from a good guy instead of letting Ruhi deal with it herself, and thereby he created a royal mess.

Even if Abhira didnt exist at all, morally Ruhi was off limits for him because she would always be his SIL, so he messed up a lot by letting Ruhi feel like she had a haq on him.

He should have told her clearly that Abhira ho na ho, he cannot be with her.

He should have told her clearly that Rohit mar bhi gaya toh doesnt mean he would get together with his brothers widow.

He should have refused to marry Ruhi even if he was divorcing Abhira

Without Rohit in the picture and Abhira out too as Ruhi has put countless times to Armaan there was no reason for him to refuse Ruhi a marriage anymore. It is not uncommon in failed to get babu and brother in law married if both are single/divorced/widowed. And Armaan had tried to excuse himself out of the situation, but as you had put he should have said no. But for him to say no he needed an introspection on his feelings to get clarity which he lacked until the moment he realised that he might lose Abhira forever. That is when he had gotten clarity about his feelings towards both Ruhi and Abhira. Before that he didn’t even know who he actually loves.

I am so so happy to see him finally distance himself from Ruhi and clearly say she was just an infatuation and never his love and he has stopped putting others over his own wishes and over Abhira. his character arc has been superb ever since he acknowledged his feelings for Abhira and dumped Ruhi. He has grown by leaps and bounds and everyday he is fixing his previous errors. Thats midblowing. But i kinda wish that him distancing Ruhi, realizing she isnt right for him and he wont ever love her- had all happened even without the need for an Abhira in his life and realizing he loves Abhira. he should have pushed Ruhi away even before he realized he loves Abhira. as of now, its like knowing about Abhira's feelings for him and the truth about Kaveri and her deal made him snap out of his Ruhi daze. but what if he didnt overhear the Kaveri-Ab conversation or didnt catch Abhira at an emotional moment when she spilled her feelings, would he have married Ruhi?

That is the transition in writing, from an Armaan who doesn’t know what he wants to the Armaan who is fighting for his love. If Armaan had been same from the beginning and had known what he wants from the beginning he would have fought for Ruhi and he would have married Ruhi not Abhira.

I believe he still would have left Ruhi, because no when he didn’t know the truth he was still pulling more towards Abhira than Ruhi, he would have eventually let go of what had happened in the court had and had left Ruhi at altar. It was wrong on his part after realising he loves Abhira he should have cancelled the marriage before bringing Ruhi to altar. But knowing Ruhi was happy about a relationship that was a lie, that made him snap. When family had sent jewellery on his behalf and Ruhi thought he was the one making efforts, that is when he had realised that he will never be able to love her, he will push Ruhi and himself into another loveless marriage again.

Also you have keepin mind, Armaan as a character is a person who never asks for anything but just accepts whatever is given to him. He had been conditioned in a manner where he never thought he could have wishes, wants and needs, because no one before Abhira had even cared about Armaan’s emotions. No one had offer him a shoulder to lean on. He was made to feel he is not wanted by anyone and is an unwanted part of people’s life.

Even in abhira’s life that’s how he entered. An unwanted husband. And she called their marriage a majbori too. He had always felt like majboori in Poddar house, and Abhira too called him that. On the other hand Ruhi kept saying she loves him. He didn’t wanted to keep Abhira in an unwanted marriage, because once he had done the same to Ruhi, got her married to his brother and Ruhi was never happy.
it was after Abhira confessed he realised she wants him too, and he realised his feelings too. When they both realised they want same things and before is was nothing but misunderstandings they decided to be together.

My reply is in the quote. Please expand and read.

Pinecone thumbnail
Posted: 22 days ago

He actually didnt speak about divorce until Charu kaand and when Kaveri brought it up later. Thats when he said 3 mahine hai. And Abhira at that point was really hurt- because whats the difference between 3 weeks or 3 mahine when he has decided to end things and made her feel like a bojh.

He tore papers after mussoorie. Didn't say anything to Abhira about discussing it again. So he did give her hope there because he didn't say - we can discuss this again. He made it seem like he has no inclination to divorce and it was Ruhis doing and he had no such plans.

He is redeeming himself now for all the wrongs done to Abhira.

My point is that him thinking what he had for Ruhi was "love" was both stupid and immoral on his part. If he really did think what he had for Ruhi was "love" then he should have spoken up for them. But the day she became his brothers wife he should have actively tried to get over his feelings. But he didn't. He kept her involved in his life, gave her haq to speak in his matters. Made her bff. No one gets over a person or moves on by doing such things. Telling her to move on but then being actively involved in her life was his stupidity. Thats mixed signals. And i really dont think its "common" to get BIL and SIL married just because spouse dies. It may happen occasionally but its certainly not a common practice. BIL SIL relationship is like siblings. Its pretty incestous to think of them as spouses. And its really weird and awkward in social circles also.

If Abhira had hid having a bf or ex , he'd be pissed even if that guy wasn't in her life anymore but he didn't care to tell her even though his ex was targeting Abhira on a daily basis and living with them.

My grouse with him is that he should never have needed an Abhira in his life to have clarity on what he feels or not for Ruhi. He should have put morality first since the narrative is that he never actually had anything more than infatuation for Ruhi. So "guilt" ya emotional manipulation mein itnaa lines blurred kardena was unbecoming of a smart and righteous man like him.

Armaan was made to feel obligated all his life and he turned around and inflicted something similar on Abhira after she became his wife. him and his family definitely made her feel like a bojh, called her ungrateful etc etc.

today he's a transformed man. But as a viewer i have a deep rooted fear that he's capable of reverting to the man he used to be. I hope not. But 1% fear toh hai.

He actually didnt speak about divorce until Charu kaand and when Kaveri brought it up later. Thats when he said 3 mahine hai. And Abhira at that point was really hurt- because whats the difference between 3 weeks or 3 mahine when he has decided to end things and made her feel like a bojh.

He tore papers after mussoorie. Didn't say anything to Abhira about discussing it again. So he did give her hope there because he didn't say - we can discuss this again. He made it seem like he has no inclination to divorce and it was Ruhis doing and he had no such plans.

He is redeeming himself now for all the wrongs done to Abhira.

My point is that him thinking what he had for Ruhi was "love" was both stupid and immoral on his part. If he really did think what he had for Ruhi was "love" then he should have spoken up for them. But the day she became his brothers wife he should have actively tried to get over his feelings. But he didn't. He kept her involved in his life, gave her haq to speak in his matters. Made her bff. No one gets over a person or moves on by doing such things. Telling her to move on but then being actively involved in her life was his stupidity. Thats mixed signals. And i really dont think its "common" to get BIL and SIL married just because spouse dies. It may happen occasionally but its certainly not a common practice. BIL SIL relationship is like siblings. Its pretty incestous to think of them as spouses. And its really weird and awkward in social circles also.

If Abhira had hid having a bf or ex , he'd be pissed even if that guy wasn't in her life anymore but he didn't care to tell her even though his ex was targeting Abhira on a daily basis and living with them.

My grouse with him is that he should never have needed an Abhira in his life to have clarity on what he feels or not for Ruhi. He should have put morality first since the narrative is that he never actually had anything more than infatuation for Ruhi. So "guilt" ya emotional manipulation mein itnaa lines blurred kardena was unbecoming of a smart and righteous man like him.

Armaan was made to feel obligated all his life and he turned around and inflicted something similar on Abhira after she became his wife. him and his family definitely made her feel like a bojh, called her ungrateful etc etc.

today he's a transformed man. But as a viewer i have a deep rooted fear that he's capable of reverting to the man he used to be. I hope not. But 1% fear toh hai.

I agree with you, armaan's past actions have been questionable and not right or moral in anyway.

And about BIL and SIL getting married, I have seen it happened a few times, so I guess it's common for me. I can only say things from my personal experiences.

And about armaan not bringing divorce before charu kand, yes, that was the time he had said that very clearly but after mussoorie too when he was about to tore the papers, abhira had asked him what will they do when they actually would need a divorce and he had said , he will get new papers. It's only a minute long scene. And even then his words and actions both were dubious. Still he had not clearly told abhira he doesn't want divorce. It was abhira at that point who had taken it as a sign.

I am all for armaan redeeming his actions. And there are many things that he had done wrong in his " good intentions" which cannot be overlooked. But we will never see redemption of those things because many were when sheh was the lead, and apparently that part of the story got completely scraped. They donot even talk about when abhira got harrassed during those 4 months. The story they talk about is the only one after the leads got changed.

Hence, his redemption was also very short.

Pinecone thumbnail

Update kab tak ayega ? smiley42

Update kab tak ayega ? smiley42

By Wednesday. I might update the precap by Tuesday.