Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 days ago

Amazing update

Waiting for the next update

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Pinecone

I would hope that Abhira is a bit upset at Akshara too. She hid all this for too long. Yes maybe she could not tell her everything but at least some of it she could have. And the whole aspect of marrying Abhimanyu again after Abhinavs death seems like an insult to his memory. I hope she cuts off from MG for good. I hope Armaan is able to support her as she deals with this information overload.

Well, I think that Abhira might understand where Akshara is coming from esp with regards to marrying Abhimanyu again. She was only doing it for Abhir's sake. Abhira, who loves her mom more than anyone else in the world, would definitely be more forgiving than us as the audience. More than that I feel she would be mad at the Akshara for having hopes from Manish enough to call him in her last moments. The Goenkas have never appreciated her sacrifices and Abhira sees that. Which is also why she will definitely not be forgiving them. And Armaan will 100% support Abhira through everything.

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: mithilalovesksg

Good update 👍 happy abhira has other family than that looser goenkas

I hate Goenkas and that's why Abhira has another family. The Rajvanshes are much better than those spineless Goenka fossils. They will protect Abhira the way Manish never could!

DMGThings thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

Chapter Thirteen

“Shhh, it's okay, jaana,” Armaan whispered softly, hugging a distraught Abhira. “Sab theek ho jaayega, Ira. Tum itni tension mat lo. Hum sab hain tumhaare saath.”

Abhira was desperately clutching at his shirt, snuggling as close to him as she could get under the blanket that she'd thrown over herself. Discovering the truth about her mother had left her inconsolable and rightly so. When Abir had whispered that godforsaken name is when the fragile threads holding Abhira together had snapped. Wordlessly, she'd run away from the lawn and found solace in her room, hiding under the blanket as she was wont to do.

Mishti had tried to get under the blanket with Abhira, but Abir had stopped her. He understood quite well how Abhira wouldn't want to be so vulnerable in front of them. No matter how much they loved each other, it was Abir & Mishti who had inadvertently become the bearer of such devastating news for her. She was extremely fragile at the moment and wouldn't be able to separate the messenger from the doer. In such a situation, being near her would only aggravate her pain even more.

“Abhi nahi, Chaand,” Abir murmured gently, hugging his wife to his chest. “Iss waqt usse humaari nahi… Armaan ki zaroorat hai. She won't be able to express herself as freely with us. Aakhir, jo bhi ho… Itna bada jhatka laga hai usse, aur woh bhi humaari baaton se. We should give her some space.”

Mishti reluctantly agreed. She understood why Abir wanted to give Abhira some time before they spoke to her. Yet, she worried for her child who was going through such a tough time. Turning to Armaan, she said, “Armaan, agar ho sake toh aaj tum yahin reh jao… Abhira ke paas. She really needs you.”

“Lekin, main kaise…” Armaan trailed off, surprised at the suggestion, even though he was extremely thankful that they would let him spend the night.

“Armaan, itne mahino tak toh waise bhi tum aur Abhira ek hi room, ek hi bed share kar rahe the na,” Abir explained. “Jo hona tha woh toh tab bhi ho sakta tha. How does it matter? And anyway… Tum aur Abhira dono adults ho. You can decide what is best for you and your relationship. Hum beech mein dakhal dene waale kaun hi hote hain. Plus, we trust you both. Aur, tum rahoge toh mujhe aur Mishti ko tasalli rahegi, ki Abhira ka khayal rakhne koi hai. I don't think iss waqt woh hum dono mein se kisi ke saath comfortable feel karegi. Warna hum hi ruk jaate uske paas.”

“Thank you!” Armaan exclaimed, giving both of them quick hugs. Satisfied that he would be able to be there for Abhira, he strode inside the room, stopping at the foot of the bed. Tentatively, he reached inside the blanket, catching hold of Abhira's hand in his own. Recognizing his touch, Abhira immediately pulled him inside.

Armaan exhaled sharply, his relief palpable. He had been afraid that Abhira would shut him out too, but she was reaching out to him, leaning on him, and nothing made him happier. He slid inside the blanket, his heart breaking at the sight in front of him. Abhira was weeping breathlessly, her entire frame shaking with sobs. Gently, he pulled her off the bed and into his lap, folding her in his arms, where her hands immediately clutched him tight.

Which brought them to now. Abhira's grip on Armaan's shirt was ironclad, as if she was afraid that he would disappear if she let him go. Armaan responded in kind, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist, pulling her into his chest. He kept running his hands along her back in a soothing gesture, all the while whispering in her ear, reminding her that she was not alone, that he would always be there for her. Eventually, Abhira's sobs quietened and Armaan looked down, realizing that Abhira had cried herself to sleep.

Making sure not to wake her, he gently pried her off his lap and laid her down on the bed, getting in beside her. He was surprised that her grip on his shirt did not loosen throughout the process. She kept holding on to him, and even if Armaan had wanted to, he would not have been able to pry himself away from her. Once they were both lying down, Armaan gathered Abhira back into his arms, and she snuggled in his embrace.

As the hours passed, Abhira fell deeper into sleep but Armaan was unable to do the same. His eyes stayed stuck on her sleeping form, his senses on high alert. If she moved, he moved. He was afraid that if he closed his eyes, that if his entire attention wasn't focused solely on her, something would happen. He was terrified that she would wake while he was asleep, and that he wouldn't be able to help her the way she needed. Not wanting to take any chances, Armaan forced himself to stay awake.

Mishti's words kept running in his head. The injustice that Abhira and her mother had faced occupied every single thought he had. His past with Ruhi struck even harder now. History had repeated itself, albeit in a funny way. Armaan's indecision and his inability to draw boundaries had hurt Abhira countless times in the past, but it hit him twice as hard now, knowing that it was Abhira's sister who he had given the authority to pry into their relationship with his silence.

He would have to work twice as hard now, to make up for everything that had gone wrong in the past few months. Abhira might have been his responsibility once, but she was his entire life now, and he would show her just how much she meant to him. She'd been let down by everyone in her life, him included, but he would make sure that she never had any complaints from him in the future. He would be the best partner he was capable of being for her, because that's what she deserved.

He was brought out of his musings by Abhira, who had started to shiver. She seemed to be caught in the throes of a nightmare, sweat trickling down her forehead, her breathing uneven, her body heaving. Armaan hugged her close, whispering, “It's okay, Ira. Kuch nahi hua hai. Main hoon tumhaare saath. You're safe.”

So he kept repeating, but it had no effect and a couple of minutes later, Abhira awoke with a scream. “Ira, jaana… It's okay,” Armaan soothed, sitting up with her and pulling her close. He kept murmuring softly, dropping frequent kisses to her face. Slowly, Abhira started to calm down under his ministrations, leaving her nightmare behind and coming back to the present.

“Are you okay?” Armaan asked her a few moments later. Abhira nodded wordlessly, still quite unable to form words. Armaan didn't speak any further, recognizing her need for silence at the moment. It shook him a little, that Abhira was so spooked that she needed silence. The same woman who couldn't stop talking if her life depended on it needed quiet.

The silence was broken by the grumble of Abhira's stomach, making Armaan smile. “Bhook lagi hai?” He questioned. Abhira nodded, smiling sheepishly. “Thodi si.”

Armaan shook his fondly, detangling from the covers and standing up. He turned back, giving his hand for Abhira to take but she pouted, shaking her head. She raised both her arms instead in silent askance. Without a second of hesitation, Armaan picked her up in his arms. Abhira smiled, snuggling into his chest, her arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders.

Once in the kitchen, Armaan sat Abhira down on the counter and turned to the refrigerator, rummaging through it. “It's your lucky day, Sharma Ji,” he chuckled, pulling out a casserole of the leftover noodles they'd had for dinner. He heated them up and plated some for her. Abhira crossed her arms and opened her mouth, demanding to be fed. A task Armaan was only too happy to perform.

It warmed his heart that Abhira felt comfortable enough to demand he pamper her like this. She had always been a little too independent and while Armaan loved that she was so self-sufficient, at times he wished she would throw tantrums and demand things from him, no matter how big or small. He'd understood all too well what Abir had meant when he was wooing Mishti's parents. In very many ways, Abhira was the same. So, he considered it a win that she was willing to lean on him for support and ask him for things, even if it was something as mundane as feeding her.

“Khadoosmaan… Ek kulfi aur ho jaaye?” Abhira asked once she'd polished off the plate of food. Armaan agreed, pulling out a stick for her and after a second of contemplation, one for himself as well. Truth was, Armaan had also always loved ice-creams ever since he was a child. He didn't remember much of his time with his birth mother, but he did remember fondly… A moment when the two of them had relished ice-creams while looking at the stars at night.

Since then, he had always loved ice-creams, but that love had also been quashed in the Poddar household. Well-behaved and disciplined kids didn't eat ice-cream so often, after all. But with Abhira, Armaan was slowly finding that long lost craving back again. Memories of eating ice-cream with his mother were morphing into those of sharing one with Abhira. It was just one more thing she'd done for him, even if it was a little inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but to Armaan, it meant the world. It was a piece of his mother who he had had to let go off too soon.

They ate their ice-creams, giggling like a pair of school kids, happy and playful. Once done, Armaan guided Abhira back to her room, and slid under the covers behind her once again. Abhira rested her head on his chest as his arms wrapped around her body.

“Main unhe kabhi maaf nahi karungi,” Abhira whispered into the stillness of the night. “Never ever.”

“Ira…” Armaan murmured, unsure. Of course, he understood her anger, but he was afraid that this hatred could rule her entire life.

“No, Armaan,” Abhira stuck her ground. “Unhone jo Mumma ke saath kiya uski koi maafi nahi hai. She deserved a lot better than that. Nani aur Nanu ke jaane ke baad, Mr. Goenka was as good as her father aur unhone Mumma ko kabhi support nahi kiya. In fact, he normalized Aarohi Aunty's behaviour towards Mumma aur uss wajah se Mumma ne bohot suffer kiya.

Har uss pal mein jab Mumma ko apni family ki sabse zyada zaroorat thi, unhone har baar munh mod liya. Not once, not twice… Every single time, Armaan. Galti sirf ek baar hoti hai. Jo baar-baar ho usse galti nahi, aadat kehte hain. Aur uss ghar mein shaayad ab sabko har cheez ke liye Mumma ko blame karne ki aadat pad gayi hai.

I'm sure even now they blame her for Aarohi Aunty's death. Isliye unhone itne saalon se kabhi Mumma ke saath contact nahi rakha. In fact, when Mumma was taking her last breaths… Jab woh jaane se pehle sirf ek baar apne Bade Papa se baat karna chaahti thi… Mr. Goenka ne toh tab bhi Mumma se baat karna zaroori nahi samjha. He never kept in touch and even during her last moments, he couldn't give her one little thing. Ek baar baat kar lete toh kya ho jaata? Sochna chahiye tha na ki agar itne saalon baad Mumma phone kar rahi hai toh kuch zaroori baat hogi. But he hung up on her. Kyunki woh Mumma ko ab tak blame karte hain. But Mumma murderer nahi hai, Armaan. I will believe everything in the world lekin main yeh kabhi believe nahi karungi. Aur agar Mr. Goenka Mumma ko thoda sa bhi jaante na, toh he would have agreed.

Unhone Mumma ko bohot hurt kiya hai. Main yeh sab kabhi nahi bhool paungi. Unki wajah se na mujhe aur na Mumma ko kabhi parivaar ka pyaar mila, aur na kabhi saath mila. I can't forgive them.”

“Ira, tumhe pata hai main har decision mein tumhaare saath hoon. And I agree, Akshara Ma'am aisa kabhi nahi kar sakti. Arre, main toh unka sirf ek student tha aur unhone mere liye apni jaan dedi. Woh apna behen ki jaan kaise le sakti hain? She didn't do anything. I'm sure,” Armaan replied. It didn't escape his notice how Abhira addressed the Goenkas, creating a distance between herself and the family. He knew she was too worked up about everything right now and she might change her mind in the future. But, he also knew that her anger was completely justified.

“And I agree… Jo unhone Akshara Ma'am ke saath kiya woh bohot bura tha. They deserve your unforgiveness for it. Itna dukh dekha hai Akshara Ma'am ne apni life mein… Sab sirf isliye kyunki unke saath unki family nahi khadi thi.

Tumhaara gussa bilkul jaayaz hai, Ira. And I am 100% with you if you decide ki tumhe uss family se koi rishta nahi rakhna. Sach kahun toh itna sab kuch jaan'ne ke baad I don't think I'll ever be able to trust them either. Toh ek tarah se achcha hi hai ki tum unse doori rakhna chaahti ho.

But… I also want to say ki tum please jaldbaazi mein koi decision mat lo. Think it over before coming to conclusions. Aur haan… Yeh mat sochna ki aaj tumne unse rishta todne ka faisla le liya hai toh tum kabhi apna mann nahi badal sakti. Aage jaake life mein tumhe kabhi bhi aisa lage ki jo decision tumne ab liya hai woh galat tha aur tum kuch aur chaahti ho… Please, don't ever hesitate.

I understand better than anyone that family can be very complicated. Main tumhe kabhi iss baat pe judge nahi karunga ki tum iss situation ko kaise handle karti ho. I'm here for you either way. Haan, I don't think I'll ever trust the Goenka family to have your best interest at heart, but iska yeh matlab nahi hai ki main chaahta hoon tum unse koi rishta na rakho.

Aakhri faisla tumhaara hi hoga, Ira. And I will support you in every possible way. I promise.”

“I know,” Abhira replied, reaching up to kiss his forehead. “Mujhe pata hai ki tum hamesha mera saath doge, Armaan. Tum ho toh mujhe inn sab cheezon se itna farak nahi padta. Tumhe pata hai, it's funny but I think agar tum… Ya Badi Maa aur Bade Papa mere saath nahi hote na, I might have forgiven them.

Tumhaare aur unke pehle, mujhe sach mein itni samajh hi kahaan thi ki family ka pyaar kaisa hota hai. Agar mujhe pata nahi hota ki family kaisi hoti hai, toh shayad ek parivaar ki chaah mein main unki saari galtiyaan nazar-andaaz kar jaati. Just to feel like I belonged.

But, now I know better. I know ki pyaar kaisa hota hai, family ka saath kaisa hota hai. And what the Goenkas have done to my mother is not what family does. Isliye, mere liye toh woh meri family kabhi ho nahi sakte. For me, they will only ever be Rohit's in-laws, and nothing else. Main unhe kabhi apni life mein itni importance nahi de paungi jo maine Badi Maa aur Bade Papa ko di hai. Because they don't deserve it.

Jis din unhone Mumma ko ghar se nikaala tha na, unhone saare rishtey tod diye the. Toh ab unka koi haq nahi banta ki woh aakar mujhpe haq jataaye. They will never be mine like you are mine, like Badi Maa is mine. Mujhe bhi kabhi unpe woh bharosa nahi aayega, Armaan. Aur mein fizul koshishein karke apne-aap ko aur dukh nahi pohonchana chaahti. Mere paas already ek bohot pyaari family hai. Mujhe koi aur nahi chaahiye.”

Armaan kissed Abhira's head, his lips lingering in her hair, as he pulled her flush against his body. “Tumhaara har hukum saraankhon par,” he promised her, making Abhira smile.

“I love you,” she said, pressing the words into the skin of his neck.

“I love you more,” he replied.

“Impossible,” she laughed, finally feeling at ease in his arms. Armaan was by her side. That itself was enough for her. And would always be.

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Great update! Happy to read an Abhimaan centric chapter.

Wela thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved both the updates.. esp how easily Armaan became family for Misti and Abir.. so nice to see him seeing unconditional love too!!
mithilalovesksg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Very good update beutiful 😍

DMGThings thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Great update! Happy to read an Abhimaan centric chapter.

Ahhh I know that we don't have a lot of abhimaan only content in this fic, but the story does revolve around their lives so they will always be more central to the plot. I will try to include more scenes with just the two of them, though.

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wela

Loved both the updates.. esp how easily Armaan became family for Misti and Abir.. so nice to see him seeing unconditional love too!!

My bby boy Armaan deserves a family who loves him like this! The Poddars never fail to remind him that he's an outsider and that they've done some favour on him by letting him be a part of the family. I absolutely loathe them!

DMGThings thumbnail

Chapter Fourteen

Madhav & Vidya walked towards the outhouse, laughing and talking. It had been a few days since they'd started their day with Abhira and she was being sorely missed. The couple had decided to eat breakfast with her, leaving before the other members of the family came out of their rooms.

Once inside, they greeted Armaan who was sitting on the couch. “Good morning, Armaan! Abhira kahaan hai?”

“Aaplog bhi Abhira se milne chale aaye?” He laughed. “Bhool gaye… Ab woh yahaan nahi rehti,” he reminded them.

Madhav smacked his forehead. “Mujhe bilkul yaad hi nahi tha,” he chuckled. “Itni aadat ho gayi hai ab uski ki bhool gaya ab woh apna Badi Maa aur Bade Papa ke paas rehti hai.”

“Mere bhi dhyaan se utar gaya,” Vidya agreed.

“Aur humaare bhi!” A chorus of voices made them all turn to the door where the chorus gang was standing along with Manisha and Manoj.

“Lagta hai aaj sab ek saath hi Abhira ko bohot miss kar rahe hain,” Manisha commented. “Tabhi subah-subah sab yahaan aa gaye.”

“Haan, lekin kya faayda, Mami Sa!” Krish moaned. “Bhabhi toh nahi hai yahaan.”

“Toh kahin door bhi toh nahi hai,” Armaan countered. “Chalo chalte hain usse milne!”

“Armaan aise jaana achcha thodi lagta hai,” Manoj contradicted. “Subah-subah kisi ke ghar aise jaana.”

“Chachu Sa, woh kisi ka nahi, Abhira ka ghar hai,” Armaan answered. “Aur hum wahaan kyun nahi jaa sakte? Yahaan bhi toh sab aaye haina usse milne.”

“Tu samajh, beta,” Vidya tried. “Yeh toh humaare ghar ka hi hissa hai. Hum kabhi bhi aa-jaa sakte hain. Lekin woh toh Samdhi Sa ka ghar hai. Unke ghar hum aise bina nyote nahi jaa sakte.”

“Maa, aap bina wajah itna sab soch rahi ho!” Armaan exclaimed. “Aisa kuch nahi hai. Wahaan humein dekhke sab khush hi honge. Aur phir main toh wahaan bina wajah bohot aata-jaata rehta hoon. Koi bura nahi maanta.”

“Teri baat alag hai, Armaan,” Manisha explained. “Tu toh unka jamai hai. Tujhe munh pe mana kaise karenge? Lekin iska yeh matlab thodi hai woh aisa kuch sochte nahi honge.”

“Aap log sach mein bohot zyada sochte ho! Aisa kuch nahi hai,” Armaan argued.

“Humein sochna padta hai kyunki tu nahi sochta,” Madhav said. “Khud toh ekdum besharam ho gaya hai, lekin hum tere jaise nahi hai!”

“Theek hai, phir,” Armaan threw his hands in the air. “Aap log mat aao. Main toh jaa raha hoon, Abhira ke saath breakfast karne!”

“This is not fair!” Aryan complained. “Bhaiya jaayenge toh main bhi jaunga.”

“Main bhi,” Kiara agreed.

“Aur main,” Krish added.

“Haan,” Charu reluctantly said. “Hum bhi.”

Armaan turned to the elders, smirking. “Theek hai,” Madhav gave in. “Sab chalenge. Lekin agar wahaan awkward hua toh waapas bhi aa jaayenge!”

“Done!” The kids cried.

“Ab chalein?” Armaan asked. “Aap log kitna drama karte ho! Pehle hi haan bol dena chahiye tha na!”

“Ab apni vishesh tipanni dena band kar aur chal!” Manisha pushed them all outside the house.

They all crossed the road to the Rajvansh Villa, Armaan taking the lead. He turned the knob of the main door to open it, without bothering with the doorbell, a fact that surprised his family, but no one said anything. As soon as he stepped inside the house, he was greeted by Mehr.

“Arre, Armaan!” Her face lit up and she rushed to him, giving him a hug in greeting.

“Good morning, Mami,” Armaan smiled, returning the hug.

“Kya baat hai? Aaj tu poore dus ghante baad dikha hai. All okay?” Mehr teased, making Armaan blush.

“Mamiiiiii,” he whined. “Aap kya count karte ho?”

“Hum sab count karte hain,” Mehr laughed. “Woh ghar mein on-going bet haina, tu kitne ghante baad aayega.”

“Aap ispe bet lagaate ho?” Kiara questioned, pulling Mehr's attention away from Armaan.

“Oh, I'm sorry,” Mehr apologized. “Maine dekha hi nahi ki aap sab bhi aaye hain. Good morning!”

To Armaan, she said, “Tu bhi kya faltu timepass kar raha hai? Bata nahi sakta tha aur sab bhi aaye hain?” Armaan just shrugged sheepishly.

“Good morning,” Vidya replied. “Maaf kijiyega, aise bina bataye aa gaye, lekin sabko Abhira ki bohot yaad aa rahi thi.”

“Aaj toh badi hi achchi shuruaat ho gayi,” Mehr grinned. “Sab Abhira se milne aaye hain. Woh toh bilkul khush ho jaayegi! Aur aap please… Aise sorry kyun keh rahin hain? Aap sabka haq banta hai… Aap log kabhi bhi yahaan aa sakte hain.”

“Thank you, Mehr Ji,” Madhav professed. “Abhira uth gayi hai kya?”

“Haan, haan,” Mehr said. “Woh toh kabka uth gayi hai. Uski aarti ke bina ghar mein kisi subah kahaan hoti hai.”

“Aarti ho gayi?” Armaan pouted. He loved starting his day with Abhira's melodious voice too. He always tried to be on time to attend the pooja with the rest of the family, and most days he did make it.

“Aaj tune miss kar di,” Mehr smiled apologetically. “But chalo… Sab naashte ke liye neeche aa hi rahe honge.”

“Papa!” Abhira cried as they walked into the dining area, abandoning whatever discussion she was having with her cousins. She rushed to smother everyone in hugs. “Maine aap sabko kitne zyada miss kiya!” She exclaimed, clinging to Manisha. “Itne din ho gaye aap sabse mile.”

“Abhira, tum sabse parso hi mili thi,” Armaan rolled his eyes.

“Tum chup raho, Khadoosmaan,” Abhira argued. “Khud toh sabke saath rehte ho! Tumhe kya pata main sabko kitna miss karti hoon!”

“Bhabhi aap Bhaiya ki baat rehne do!” Krish exclaimed. “Khud toh aapko itna miss karte hain ki apne ghar se zyada yahaan milte hain lekin humein suna rahe hain!”

Everyone hooted at Krish's words, making both Armaan & Abhira blush. “Yeh baat toh bilkul sahi hai,” Ramya joined the conversation. “Jeeju aapko nahi lagta ki aap Abhiru ko kuch zyada hi miss karte ho?”

“Ramyaaaaa,” Abhira whined. “Jaa na! Subah se sabka shuru ho jaata hai. Sabko hum hi milte hain kya?”

“Of course!” Hrishi agreed. “Tum dono hi hona ghar ke sabse naye couple!”

“Bol toh aap aise rahe ho jaise aap aur Bhabhi toh pata nahi kitne hi buddhe ho gaye ho!” Abhira cried.

“Betu, maine bhi bohot saha hai,” Hrishi replied. “Sabne bohot pareshaan kiya hai mujhe. Saare badle nikalunga main. Aur age ki baat toh tu rehne hi de! Chote Dadu toh Dida aur Dadu ko aise chidhate hain jaise unn dono ne kal hi confess kiya ho!”

“Toh aap baaki sabse nikaalo na!” Abhira argued. “Maine thodi kiya tha! Aur aap Nanko Nanu se kuch mat bolo. Kabhi Bade Papa ki harkatein dekhi hai aapne? Kal Badi Maa ne unke gaal pe kiss kiya toh aadhe ghante tak gaal pakadke baithe the! Phir toh chidhaana banta haina?”

“Well, teri yeh baat toh theek hai,” Hrishi acquiesced. “I cannot argue with that but haan woh taang kheechne wali baat pe toh kuch nahi ho sakta. You will have to grin and bear it!”

“Bhaiyuuuuuu,” Abhira complained, making Hrishi laugh.

“Kya baat hai! Aaj toh sab aaye hain!” Mishti's voice pulled them out of their banter. “Hello! Good morning!”

“Good morning, Badi Maa!” Armaan was the first to greet her with a quick hug.

“Aaj aap sab thoda late ho gaye!” Mishti laughed, wrapping an arm around Armaan's waist as his own wound around her shoulder. “Abhira ne itni pyaari aarti gayi. Kal se aap log zara jaldi aa jaaya kijiye toh aap bhi sunn paayenge!” She issued an open invitation for them.

“Thank you, Mishti Sa!” Meenakshi grinned. “Ab aapne keh diya hai toh hum aate rahenge.”

“Ab chaliye! Naashta kar lete hain!” Mishti suggested. Everyone readily sat down at the table with Mishti sitting at the head.

“Mehr, faltu timepass karna band kar aur khaale. Phir tera interview haina?” She instructed her daughter-in-law.

“Haan, Mumma,” Mehr replied. “But woh toh bas formality hai. Aapko bhi pata hai woh log mujhe mana nahi karenge.”

“Mujhe pata hai, Mrs. Best Trauma Surgeon in the country,” Mishti laughed. “Lekin tu zyada lightly mat le. Over confidence ke chakkar mein gadbad nahi honi chahiye.”

Slowly, the rest of the family started trickling in for breakfast, all of them greeting the Poddars very warmly. The Poddar family noticed the open dynamic between the family with interest. Couples were openly affectionate with each other - Abir greeting Mishti with a loud kiss on her cheek, while Mehr greeted Amish with a hug. Amayra and Rahul walked in holding hands and laughing. It was such a contrast to their own home where none of them were so openly attentive to their partners. Manoj could only imagine the way his mother would have derided each one of them for such untoward behaviour, but it seemed the norm in this family.

Even the way that they all interacted with Abir & Mishti was so casual and friendly. Unequivocally, the couple were the heads of the house and yet there was no fear in anyone's eyes as they laughed and joked with them.

“Dadu Darling!!” Prajakta, Hrishi's wife, cried, hugging Abir around his shoulder as she stood behind his chair.

“Praju Darling!” Abir replied, grinning widely.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” She exclaimed. “Woh dress aap leke aaye na?”

“Tujhe achchi lagi?” Abir asked.

“Bohot pretty hai! Thank you!!” Prajakta said. “Poori party mein main sabse zyada hot dikhungi! I just hope Akira ko complex na aa jaaye ki main uski bachelorette pe usse zyada achchi dikh rahi hoon.”

“Woh toh tu hamesha hi dikhti hai,” Abir complimented, pulling her chin. “Ekdum pretty!”

“Waise, flight kabki hai?” Abir asked as she sat down to eat.

“Aaj shaam ko,” Prajakta stated.

“Good, good. Phir 4 din dikhna mat mujhe!” Abir ordered. “Trip jaldi end karke aane ki koi zaroorat nahi hai. Pichli baar bhi tu book tour beech mein chod aayi thi. Iss baar main nahi maanunga.”

“Woh toh mujhe aap sabki itni yaad aa rahi thi isliye main aa gayi na!” Prajakta defended herself. “Aap kaise weird ho, Dadu Darling! Log khush hote hain ki unki bahu ghar jaldi aa gayi. Aap mujhe gussa kar rahe ho!”

“Haan, kyunki iss family ke bahaar bhi teri life hai,” Abir explained. “Tu iss gadhedo Hrishi ke chakkar mein ulti-seedhi cheezein mat kiya kar. Tera career, tere friends, teri life… Woh sab kuch important hai ya nahi? Shaadi se pehle toh tu kabhi book tour beech mein chodke nahi aayi. Toh ab kyun? Aur yeh main aap sabko miss kar rahi thi wala bahana mat maar, mujhe pata hai tu isliye aayi thi kyunki uss waqt Amish ki tabiyat kharab ho gayi thi. Lekin usko dekhne na poora ghar hai. Tera book tour koi aur nahi kar sakta! Aur naa hi tere badle koi yeh bachelorette party attend kar sakta hai!”

“Wow, Bhabhi!” Kiara cried, unable to help herself. “Aap kitne lucky ho! Aapke toh Dadu khud aapko party mein jaane keh rahe hain. Aap phir kyun jaldi aaoge?”

“Kiara!” Vidya scolded. “Shhh.”

“Aap usse kyun kuch keh rahi hain?” Mishti intervened. “Kiara, tu bilkul sahi keh rahi hai! Praju bilkul poori party attend karke aayegi.” To Prajakta, she said, “Mujhe pata hai ki tune Friday ki bhi return tickets karwayi hai but tu Sunday shaam hi waapas aayegi. I swear, Praju tu pehle waapas aa gayi main tujhe ghar mein ghusne nahi doongi. Phir tu rehna do din hotel mein. Usse better hai ki poori trip enjoy karke aaye!”

“Okay, Dida! Sunday ko hi aaungi,” Prajakta gave in. And then she turned to Mehr, asking her to hurry up. “Chalo, Maa! Aapke interview ke liye late ho raha hai. Main aapko chod deti hoon.”

“Haan, chal,” Mehr agreed, getting up from the table and quickly rolling up a paratha. “Yeh le,” she offered it to Prajakta. “Raaste mein khate hue chalna.”

Mehr sought blessings from both Abir & Mishti and the two women hurried out the door. “Mehr Mami kahaan interview dene jaa rahi hai?” Armaan wondered out loud.

“Woh ab sab yahaan hai toh woh bhi toh naye hospital jaayegi na, Armaan,” Amish explained. “Toh bas yahaan paas mein hi hai Seven Hills ki Udaipur branch. Rajkot mein bhi Mehr wahin kaam karti thi toh it'll be an easy transition for her.”

“Mehr Mami doctor hain?” Aryan asked with twinkling eyes. “How cool!”

“Haan,” Amish agreed, smiling proudly. “She's a trauma surgeon. Woh ER mein kaam karti hai. Kind of like first responders in an emergency? Bohot hi mushkil kaam hai. Mujhe toh samajh hi nahi aata woh kar kaise leti hai. Mujhe toh khoon dekhke hi chakkar aane lagte hain!”

“Wow, so cool,” Krish agreed. “But mujhe toh lagta tha iss family mein sab thode artistically inclined hai. Doctor toh ekdum hi alag ho gaya!”

Mishti laughed. “Aisa kuch nahi hai, Krish. Sab log alag hote hain toh unke interests bhi alag hote hain. Haan, hum sab hain those artistically inclined. In fact, Mehr doctor hai lekin woh bohot badhiya gaati bhi hai. But, sirf Mehr nahi, aur sab bhi toh hain, jo artistic field mein nahi hai. Nanko is a businessman aur Raj bhi hai uske saath business mein hi. Amish ki bhi tech company hai.

We always encouraged all our kids to pursue what they wanted. Zabardasti kisi bhi field mein ghusaa dete toh woh humaari khushi ke liye kar toh lete lekin unki toh poori life kharaab ho jaati na. Kaam hamesha woh karna chahiye jisse khushi mile. Haan, kabhi-kabhi aisa hota hai ki woh kaam feasible nahi hota, ya usse hum apna career nahi bana paate, toh ek backup option rakhna achchi baat hai. But always follow your passion. Isse tum hamesha career mein successful hi rahoge.”

“Yeh toh bohot sahi baat ki aapne, Samdhan Sa,” Madhav agreed. “Kaam hamesha apni pasand ka hi karna chahiye.”

“Lekin kabhi confused ho toh kya karein?” Aryan wondered. “Mujhe toh pata hi nahi mujhe kya karna hai.”

“Abhi tum chote ho, Aryan,” Mishti said. “Jab main tumhaari age ki thi mujhe bhi nahi pata tha mujhe kya karna hai. Waise meri kismat achchi thi ki mujhe meri pehli job hi itni achchi lagi ki maine aage kuch nahi socha, but tum apna aptitude samajhne internships try karlo. Aur kaafi aptitude tests bhi hote hain. Tum woh sab try karo. Tumhe samajh aa jaayega.”

“Haan, sabko mere jaisa achcha boss nahi milta na first try mein!” Abir boasted. “Isliye shayad tumhe thoda waqt lagega.”

“Khudki tareef hi karte raho tum bas!” Mishti laughed. “Aur waise bhi ruki main tumhaari wajah se nahi, Pushpa Didi (NGO Didi, as famously called by the YRHPK fandom who never had a name despite being the most recurring extra on the show) ki wajah se thi.”

“Awww,” Charu cooed. “Toh aap dono tab mile the jab Mishti Aunty ne aapka NGO join kiya tha, Abir Uncle?”

“Nahi, nahi,” Abir answered. “Mil toh hum pehle hi chuke the. In fact, jab Mishti NGO mein interview dene aayi thi, we were already pretty good friends. But usse pata nahi tha ki NGO mera hai. Aur interview ke time hi humein pata chala. But Mishti ki vibe NGO ke liye ekdum perfect thi toh we onboarded her. And the rest is history!”

“Kitna achcha haina,” Abhira commented. “Badi Maa ko apna business partner aur life partner ek insaan mein hi mil gaya! How lucky!!”

“Iss maamle mein toh tu bhi utni hi lucky haina, Heera,” Mishti grinned. “Tu aur Armaan bhi toh waise hi ho.”

“Main toh aapse bhi zyada lucky hoon, kyunki Armaan is my teacher. Sach, Badi Maa… Armaan ne bohot padhaayi karwaayi. Woh nahi hota toh mere finals pass nahi hote,” Abhira admitted. “Pehle toh Mumma thi, lekin phir Mumma ke baad toh Armaan hi hai. Mujhe kuch bhi doubts hote hain toh main usse hi poochti hoon.”

“Toh ab tumhaari Mumma hi meri Guru haina,” Armaan added. “Toh jo unhone mujhe sikhaaya wohi maine tumhe sikhaaya. Isliye, ek tarah se toh credit unhe hi jaata hai.”

The rest of their breakfast passed in a similar fashion. The chorus gang was extremely impressed with the entire Rajvansh family. To them, it was such a stark contrast to their own experiences. They had all grown up knowing only restrictions and fear while this family was full of only acceptance and support. Charu & Kiara knew they would never be allowed to go on an overnight trip with their friends, much less be encouraged for it. They didn't think they would marry into families who would support their career aspirations, given that their own family wasn't as supportive. Armaan had had to fight tooth and nail to get Abhira permission to continue her studies and then her job. Would they be lucky enough to find such a partner? They didn't know.

Similarly, for Aryan & Krish, it was shocking to see how every career path was encouraged equally in the family. Since they were both kids, they had been expected to become lawyers like the rest of the family. Krish was still suffering from the consequences of his rebellion. He still had no monetary support from the family and was making do with the fee he earned from his classes. He'd stopped taking any financial help from Abhira when he realized she herself was running low on funds and had been giving him basically all the money she earned.

They could only hope that someday their family, and in particular, their grandmother would become as open minded as the elders of this house, and they would get to live their lives the way they wanted. Earlier, it had always seemed like a pipe dream, but since Abhira had come into their lives, everything seemed possible. Maybe one day, this would be too.

-------

I know this is a bit of a filler chapter but too much plot had been happening and I wanted a break, so here you have this! Next chapter we go back to plotty things!

But, I do feel it's important to keep highlighting the difference between the Poddar and Rajvansh family because those Poddars be toxic af. Well, not the whole family, obviously, but Kaveri, Sanjay, Ruhi, and Rohit for sure. Kaveri being the matriarch of that family creates a lot of negativity as opposed to Mishti who brings so much positivity to her family. Hope that was shown well here!

Anyway, thanks for reading! And Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!! Ganpati Bappa Morya!