Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 27 days ago

Originally posted by: DMGThings

Fingers crossed that they don't give up on her career. Like ofc I know that the career will never be the main focus on a show like this but I hope we keep seeing glimpses like we have till now and get to watch abhira become a successful lawyer.

Yeah.. fingers crossed but I don't trust the production house when it comes to what we want.

So that's why I had started writing this story just to give myself an alternative scenario..🤭 and if in the process dkp decides to use some ideas I am more than happy. 😁

But yes, I do want to see abhira fulfilling the promise she made to kaveri about being so successful that poddar's ki devar kanp jay. 🤞

Milalal27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 27 days ago

loving Armaan, don't let him retun please smiley27

Do tag me

Posted: 26 days ago

Precap: chapter 2

They had come to get Akshara Ma’s blessing for their married life and she played a joke on Armaan again. Abhira had told him countless times that Akshara had a very weird sense of humour just like his wife which he always refused to believe remembering the Akshara ma’am who was his mentor until the day he got to know about Abhira’s pregnancy. Now, he believes Abhira that his mother-in-law had a very eccentric sense of humour, he thought, with a small smile and glassy eyes.

“I don’t know how you do it, but somehow you always know what I need even when I don’t know what I need ma. I will forever be in your debt, no matter what I do but I will never be able to pay off this debt even in multiple lifetimes. You always end up blessing me in the most beautiful way.” Said Armaan to the stillness in the room still looking at the form of his beautiful wife, after a deep breath he turned his face towards the window looking at the night surrounding them and continued like he was talking to someone standing outside his window .

“Who does so much for someone else’s child. You handed over your entire life in your last breath to me, you gave me your daughter. The same daughter without whom I refuse to take another breath anymore, without whom this life feels like punishment. You knew this didn’t you, you knew Abhira and I were made for each other. In the past you made me a husband with your request and blessing this time you blessed us……...

Armaan is feeling nostalgic for some reason.

Full chapter will be updated by Friday.

Edited by wallflowergirl - 26 days ago
Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 24 days ago

Amazing story

Eagerly waiting for next update

Lavi_dovey thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Team Phufasa

Abhira is pregnant. Yeah! Waiting.

Hello guys, So here is the update I promised.

A little note, since I wasn’t sure about Armaan’s age, I have used Rohit Purohit’s real age.

Enjoy!

Chapter 2 : IS IT A GIFT OR A DEMAND?

Bold…that is what he had thought about his wife right here in this resort about a year and half ago when he had seen her answering back to his family in her customary bubbly style. Since then many facets of her personality like brave, bossy, blunt, brilliant, beloved, benevolent, beguiling, best and beautiful… so so beautiful has joined the list and with it his life.

Benign, once he has thought his wife was a harmless little woman. How wrong he was only he knows. Except she is a superstorm personified. She came all powerful and destructive to disintegrated his entire life one facade at a time only to rebuild a better and improved version of him.

But now, this woman, HIS WOMAN is adding another facet to their life…a BABY! Their baby.

They have not yet told anyone in the family. Since they have come on their honeymoon his mother has called everyday to get an update but Abhira said this a news worthy of a face to face announcement. And he agrees. He wants to see the reaction of his family when they hear this news. They can wait for another few days.

They are going back home in 2 days… their life has changed completely since coming to Mussoorie 15 days ago. A lot has happened since then especially in the last 3 days, but here in this moment at 2:00 a.m. sitting by the window in moonlight with whiskey in hands, looking at the naked back of his sleeping wife wrapped up in sheets all he can think about is how his life changes every time he comes to Mussoorie. And definitely always for the better.

They had come to get Akshara Mumma’s blessing for their married life and she played a joke on Armaan again. Abhira had told him countless times that Akshara had a very weird sense of humour just like his wife which he always refused to believe remembering the Akshara ma’am who was his mentor until the day he got to know about Abhira’s pregnancy. Now, he believes Abhira that his mother-in-law had a very eccentric sense of humour, he thought with a small smile and glassy eyes.

“I don’t know how you do it, but somehow you always know what I need even when I don’t know what I need ma. I will forever be in your debt, no matter what I do but I will never be able to pay off this debt even in multiple lifetimes. You always end up blessing me in the most beautiful ways.” Said Armaan to the stillness in the room still looking at the form of his beautiful wife, after a deep breath he turned his face towards the window looking at the night surrounding them and continued like he was talking to someone standing outside his window .

“Who does so much for someone else’s child. You handed over your entire life in your last breath to me, you gave me your daughter. The same daughter without whom I refuse to take another breath anymore, without whom this life feels like punishment. You knew this didn’t you, you knew Abhira and I were made for each other. In the past you made me a husband with your request and blessings this time you blessed us with a child. Last time I was scared and nervous, I wasn’t sure if I was ready to be a husband, if Abhira and I were right for each other. Yet she was my responsibility and I was ready to see through it. Only now, this time I KNOW, if you have blessed us with a baby that’s because it is right for us. We took your request as a punishment previously, it took us a year to realise it was a blessing in disguise, not this time, now we are ready! I have believe in your belief in us.” Armaan finally looked at the moon and said , “ Thank you for everything Mumma.”

Looking back at his wife who shifted her position, now facing him tapping his side of the bed, searching for him in her sleep, with a deep frown on her forehead. He smiled knowing she wants him to cuddle her, he got from his place on the chair, started towards the bed keeping his glass on the bedside and laid down beside his sweet Abhira, pulling her towards him gently not putting pressure on her right ankle which is still sprained. She claims that it doesn't hurt anymore but he knows her better, his wife has a habit of downplaying her pains. After pulling her to his chest, he started caressing her hair putting her back to a deep slumber.

His mind drifted to the events of the last 15 days. All the things he has missed in their last visit to Mussoorie when they had come to save the resort from demolition, they made sure to do this time. Abhira had taken him to every waterfall, garden, scenic point, church, historic house, lake, and wild life sanctuary but not for the beauty of these places no, how can his wife do normal things, she had taken him to all these places to introduce Armaan to every chai tapri in Mussoorie. He had been baffled by her choice of actions yet he can’t deny it was refreshing seeing Mussoorie from abhira’s perspective.

They had gone for boating, river rafting, kayaking. They had build their own raft too with a group of different couples. They even went to an adventure park for paragliding, zip lining, wildlife safari, bungee jumping and forest bath. He got to learn that his wife is an adrenaline junkie who loves extreme sports . She blooms like a flower doing all sorts adventurous activities while he was vibrating and shuddering behind her like a dry leaf praying to god exactly how Abhira does behind Armaan when dadi-sa is angry at her. It’s such a phenomenon how this girl can overcome any fears and yet is jumpy around dadi-sa. Wonders will never cease to exist.

One night they had gone for camping with the same group of couples they built rafts with, and Abhira had sung a song with so much passion for him, choking him with immense and intense desire, welling up his eyes with emotions unknown to him. No has shown him unconditional tenderness and adoration even close to what his wife does so effortlessly everyday.

He was brimming with so much love in that moment for his woman, believe it or not everyone around them was nothing more than a evaporated Vapour for him. He in his daze had walked up to her on the other side of the bonfire where she was sitting on a rock had cupped her cheek to tilt her head up and kissed the breathing lights out of Abhira.

They hadn’t realised where they were until they had heard applauding and cheering around them. She was flushed red after that, they had looked into each other’s eyes finding their everything in there and had smiled, nudging towards the other to fondle their foreheads together. She had taken him to 5 different treks all around Mussoorie, he had never enjoyed this much walking ever before.

They would come back home everyday completely exhausted and ready to go into a sleep coma, only they would not sleep once in bed. Every night it starts as an innocent touch and kiss, escalating quickly into a passionate love making bringing their day to an end, preparing them for a new morning.

The air here is fresh, the people kind, hearts warm and his company breath taking. Mussoorie and his Mussoorie wali together were a heady combination for him. He has never felt more euphoric. Now he understands why honeymoon is a very important part of a couple’s life.

12 days of this bliss, then the next day they went for a hike on the George Everest peak. Abhira was jumping around as usual, making jokes, taking pictures, telling him about the time she had gone there with mumma when she was 10. It was a happy day.

One moment Abhira was standing near a tree taking a picture with her back towards the edge in the next second her balance shifted, she twisted her ankle and was falling over the edge towards the abyss. Thankfully, Armaan was near and quick enough to grab her before she was further down and pulled her towards him turning them around to keep her on the safer side of the edge, which led to them falling on the ground, Abhira at the bottom of Armaan. It all happened in 60 flash seconds, but for Armaan those 60 seconds were equal to 60 long years. Every second of this minute will be etched forever in Armaan’s mind, reminding him that all it would have need is 1minute and Abhira could have been taken from him forever.

His carelessness once again could have costed him his everything!

After getting up he looked all over Abhira, she had a swollen ankle, few scratches on her arms due to the rocks on the floor, one bleeding elbow, and a minor slash above her eyebrow. He was not elated with the amount of injuries on her but at least she was alive and with him. He hugged her to make sure she was okay and breathing. When he looked at her, she was looking at the ground with a frown.

What happened Abhira? What are you looking at? How are you feeling? Are you feeling okay? How can she feel okay! Stupid! Let’s get you to a doctor Abhira! Okay?” He said not knowing if he was talking to Abhira or himself. He looked at her waiting for her to reply but she was to deep in thought. He shook her trying to get her attention. “Say something please! You are scaring me Abhira.” He hugged her tightly, thinking she has gone into shock.

khadoosman what are you doing? Mujhe Dhule hue kapade ki tarah kyu nichord rahe ho? I am okay!” ( why are you squeezing me like a washed cloth)

Armaan could breathe easily after listening to her voice. It was like someone had played his favourite song on loop.

Then why were you sitting like that looking at the ground not saying anything?”

“I wasn’t looking at the ground I was looking at my hand!” She showed him her right hand which looked like nothing was wrong with it.

Then it clicked to Armaan that maybe she fractured her finger or sprained her wrist and was showing it to him because she is in pain. He very gently took her hand in his hand to inspect and asked “ where does it hurt? We should go to a doctor immediately and get an x-ray done.” He was worried about the excruciating pain she must be in if it’s sprained or worse fractured.

Why would we get an x-ray done for nail extensions?”

“What, nail extensions?”

“Yes, similar to the one I have on my left hand. The same nail extensions I used to give you those marks on your back and neck last night.” Abhira showed him both her hands the left hand had long brown tips. While the right hand had short white nails.

He closed his eyes and pressed his lips together realising his wife is complaining about losing the nails on her right hand due to them falling on the ground. Not the sprained ankle or the bloody elbow but her nail f-ing extensions. Amazing!

But she looked genuinely sad so he decided not to say anything, he picked her up in his arms told her they will get her new extensions and if she wants nail art too and started the walk back downwards from the peak. It was good that they had only reached sir George Everest’s house which only took them 45 mins and had not climbed till the top.

He kept talking to her the entire way back to keep her distracted from any shock or pain but he could see, see the pain she was also trying to hide, see that she was mirroring him, his anxiety.

Nail extensions were a distraction for Armaan, for both of them so that none will go into shock for they both could have lost each other. In the moment when he wasn’t able to think clearly she had given him an escape from the reality to anchor himself, however minute it was he was still grateful to her for preventing him from a panic attack when she needed him.

The car ride to the nearby clinic was a quiet one, Abhira looked ready to pass out, they had made a pit stop because Abhira felt nauseous and had to puke by the side of a road. Armaan kept looking at her every 2 minutes. It was off season so there was not much tourist or traffic, they reached the hospital in 25 minutes.

They were in the hospital for 2 hours, she was dehydrated, the doctor had put her on IV with painkiller, they had decided for a blood test since Abhira looked very pale and Armaan wanted to make sure there wasn’t something underlying. After doctor asked some routine and regular questions from Abhira, she told them she is adding a pregnancy test too since abhira’s last period was more than 40 days ago and they were not using protection and results will be emailed before 7 in the evening. It was still 9:30 in the morning considering they had started their trek on the mountain at dawn.

He asked Abhira to stay put while he would go to collect the ointment prescribed to her for her injuries when Abhira asked him to get few pregnancy test kits as well. He nodded. He also wanted to know, and 7 was too far away.

The ride back to resort was quiet, too quiet. They both were in their own thoughts about the potential pregnancy. Armaan’s grip on the steering was strained, extremely strained, his veins were popping out. His back rigid, shoulders tense, his entire posture was unusually stiff and Abhira hated that, it stressed her very much.

At the resort, sitting inside the bathroom on the closed toilet lid Abhira looked at the four kits on the counter waiting, as instructed in the manual for a result. Armaan has been so weird since the doctor had said the word pregnancy, she was worried he doesn’t want to be a father yet, maybe he is right they have only been married for 3 months. Shouldn’t she be the one expressing objection as she was on 23 and still figuring out how to be a married adult. She was anxious, what if this child creates distance between them. They have never discussed children before. What if he never want kids! She doesn’t know what to do.

3 tests came back positive confirming her pregnancy and a tear slipped out. Only she does not know if it’s because she is happy or worried. Her emotions were all over the place. There was a mixture of happiness and sadness inside her and on her face too.

Its positive isn’t it?” Asked Armaan from her left where he has been standing by the counter all this while holding her left hand with his right waiting for her to reply, it was like he was here but wasn’t here at the same time . She nodded and she saw him clasping his left hand in a tight fist, confirming her fear, he doesn’t want the child. Spreading her other hand on her lower belly she felt an instant connection to this little person inside her. She has already lost so many people she will not part with her child her essence.

I am not getting an abortion Armaan, whether you want to or not I am having this baby” she had blurted in her panic stopping Armaan’s train of thoughts. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow, tilting his head from side to side until realisation dawned on him. He had been sort of on autopilot since the mountain incident he had completely forgotten to reassure her about the pregnancy. And now his silly wife thinks he does not want their baby. Truth be told he was a little worried she might not want motherhood yet, she is so young but he should remember she is his forever unpredictable girl.

“I am 38 jaan, and have been married for a year and half. I think I can handle being a father.” He replied caressing her cheek with his gentlest touch leaving goosebumps all over her skin. On her frown he explained “For me you have been my wife since mumma got us married and you will remain mine till eternity.” She sighed covering his hand on her cheek.

Then why have you been acting so weird. I thought you were angry.”

“I am angry.” Putting a finger on her lips silencing her he continued, “ I am angry at myself jaan, I could have lost both of you today. Also as much as the news of your potential pregnancy made me happy, I didn’t want to be disappointed if it was a false hope.” He said bending down on his knees in front of her and cupping both her cheeks. She had reassured him, told him he had saved them, told him it’s his duty now to love them both more than before. He had kissed her on her forehead and had promised to do everything she wanted.

Later that day her reports had confirmed what they already knew and there was nothing wrong with her reports. It was only the baby that was making her nauseous. All the tension had left his body after that.

Since her ankle was still swollen they had stayed in after that, he had cooked for her and they had watched movies together, then he had decided to give he a night under the stars outside in the garden he had arranged a date night for them compensating for last time, they had again gotten into an argument about constellation Lyra and Scorpius. This time he had relented to her and agreed with scorpius in the end. As the night progressed he asked her not to hit mosquitoes on his face next morning, she had rolled her eyes at him and had kissed him good night.

All was good again until the 15th day of their trip, he had gotten a call from an unknown caller.

Hello, is it Armaan Poddar, senior lawyer at Poddar and associates?”

“Yes, Armaan speaking.”

“Hi Armaan, I am judge Rekha Batti, the head of Rajasthan high court committee. I have called to inform you that you have been under our review for the past 4 months. And this afternoon the committee has decided to offer you a high court judgeship. I know this is a tough and pivotal decision. You have a week to accept or reject this position. Come and meet me when you have made a decision. Choose wisely.” He was in shock, he had nodded and cut the call. He couldn’t have believed his own ears.

That was this morning, which brings him back to now at 2 a.m. and unable to sleep while his beautiful wife is snoring and nudging into him. He had not told Abhira about the call yet.

There are some words he had never in his life had expected to hear, above ones are few of them. He was being offered a judgeship. He can be a high court judge. Do justice from a different position, in his family no one has ever been a judge, he will be the first ever judge…but....but it will also mean leaving his firm forever. Will Dadi-sa be okay? Will she be proud or angry if he accepts? How will Abhira feel about this?

Then he remembered, he remembered he had seen Abhira with his documents file around 4 months ago in his room amidst the wedding functions one night, he had meant to ask her what was happening but had forgotten among all the chaos. Then he had gotten married and it had blissfully slipped his mind until today.

Could this be Abhira’s doing? But why? Why would she put him under review for judgeship and not tell him? Interestingly he had been asking the same question over and over again for the last 14 hours. There is something he is missing which he couldn’t see.

If Abhira wanted him to be a judge why didn’t she talk to him about it? She is saying something, communicating with him and he is unable to understand her. This has happened once before, she had tried to tell him she loves him and he had not understood creating the biggest misunderstanding between them. Not this time. He will listen and understand her.

4 months ago…It was also around the time when his grandmother had taken him off all his cases a couple of weeks back. Does abhira really don’t want him to go back to Poddar firm or is he overthinking?

Is this her way of giving him a wedding gift? Or is she demanding him to leave his family behind? Abhira would never think about leaving the family. Then what is it?

Is it a gift or a demand?

While thinking he had not realised when his hand had started stroking her belly, looking at her stomach he decided it is neither a gift or a demand. It’s a request!

A request to take control of his career back from Dadi-sa. Abhira doesn’t want to give a chance to dadi-sa to control his career anymore. And knowing what he knows now, knowing he is going to be a father, neither does he.

He had promised Abhira he will do everything in his power to make her happy, to love her more to love their baby more and more each day. And now he knows how.

He is going to be a judge!

——————————————————

Do let me know what you guys think about this development.

P.S: pinecone I have tried to give a honeymooony feel to this chapter, as one of the prompts you suggested were about Abhimaan honeymoon. Hope you find it to your satisfaction.

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Awwww pls they're so cute. I adore them! It was so nice to see them having fun without having to worry about the family for once. Also, this judge thing is a very interesting twist. I'm very excited to see how it will pan out now! Personally, I don't think Abhira would've taken such a decision single-handedly, but maybe she did because Kaveri had taken him off all his cases. Supremely excited to read ahead!

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Love it. Kya fastracked hai. Honeymoon par hi pregnant hogayi!!! Hahaha. Love Armaan getting judgeship.

Although I was caught off guard by the age gap. I always imagined age difference to be 7-9 years. Not 15 years! That seems too much.

Edited by Pinecone - 24 days ago

Originally posted by: DMGThings

Awwww pls they're so cute. I adore them! It was so nice to see them having fun without having to worry about the family for once. Also, this judge thing is a very interesting twist. I'm very excited to see how it will pan out now! Personally, I don't think Abhira would've taken such a decision single-handedly, but maybe she did because Kaveri had taken him off all his cases. Supremely excited to read ahead!

Yes, in the show abhira might never do that. But you will get to read in the next chapter why and what made abhira reach this decision.

I do too. I am hoping in the show at least this time we get a proper honeymoon track without any drama.🙏 Only one episode on Fastrack would also suffice but no kidnapping, murder, arrest on honeymoon. Just plain old simple vacation scenes that's all I want.

Thank you, I got this inspiration from mamla legal hai. 😅 But I think this plot has a potential to kill a lot of birds and still get trp if the makers ever decide to go this way. Otherwise, mein apne dil hu aise hi fanfiction ka sahara de dungi 🤭

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Love it. Kya fastracked hai. Honeymoon par him pregnant hogayi!!! Hahaha. Love Armaan getting judgeship.

Although I was caught off guard by the age gap. I always imagined age difference to be 7-9 years. Not 15 years! That seems too much.

Preggo to poddar house me hi Hui vo 🙈 only they got to know here in mussoorie and armaan took it as akshara's blessing. She is 4-5 weeks pregnant in this chapter.

Yeah, i always assumed armaan was 10 years older since ruhi and Rohit are of same age and armaan is few years older than Rohit. It puts him 10-12 years older than abhira. Also he is a senior lawyer na with a lot of experience.

But Rohit purohit doesn't look like a 33 years old 😂 he has that mature look to himself. That's why I used his actual age.

It also makes sense why they both were so reluctant to accept the marriage initially and why he was always overly protective of her from the beginning. Because of age difference between them.

He used to see her as a child initially i believe. That's why he used to let her do whatever and supported her too. 😂 Thinking bachi hai karne do 😂😂

Edited by wallflowergirl - 24 days ago