Abhimaan SS: Mrs.Your honor ( next update delayed)

Posted: 27 days ago

Hi guys, this is my first time on yeh rishta kya kehlata hai forum. I have been watching this show on and off for the last one year. But all the angst and drama in the last few months has pushed me to write this short story. There will be only 4-5 chapters in this story. I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I am enjoying writing it.

Content :

Chapter 1: Is Armaan winning? (Below)

Chapter 2: Is it a Gift or a Demand?

IS ARMAAN WINNING ?

3 months….. it’s been 3 months since Armaan and Abhira’s wedding, 3 months since Rohit was made head of Poddar and associates, 3 months since Sanjay Bansal is guiding Rohit and failing with every case. 3 months of empty promises and false hopes. Kaveri Poddar the matriarch of the Poddar house was restless after another client 3 days ago gave her ultimatum to leave the firm if they didn’t bring back Armaan on their cases. The losses in the last quarter report in front of her is enough to make her realise her mistake of taking Armaan off these cases. Hundreds of hours in billing of each case and no results. No client is willing to pay Rohit the same fees they were paying Armaan. Few months without Armaan and she is reminded of his importance in the firm, Armaan has been taking care of the firm for more than a decade so flawlessly and without even a single crease on his forehead that she had completely forgot what’s it like to lose cases one after the another. Maybe it’s time to rethink her decision Kaveri thought.

Ma sa, Rohit is still learning. Give him some time, I will guide him better, I promise. I will be a better mentor to him. He just needs time to adjust to all this. He is still trying to make his marriage work with Ruhi. He needs our support. After all he is the heir to your throne. Won’t you give your waris some more time, don’t be hasty in your decision. Don’t let Armaan win.” Came Sanjay her son in law’s voice from the door.

But IS SHE WINNING? IS ARMAAN WINNING?

Kaveri thought back to all those times when she said all those hurtful things to her Armaan. Her eldest grandson, the responsible one, the loyal one. The son every mother wants, the brother every sibling needs. She remembers how many times she called him sautela, paraya, not her blood, not her waris, just NOT HERS… in hope that he might choose her instead of that girl he calls his wife. She had thought that when given a choice between that girl Abhira and his career he will undoubtedly choose his career, he will come back to Kaveri and will ask for his cases. But Armaan decided to choose his love for that girl, he decided to choose his marriage with that girl. In her ego, Kaveri was reluctant to give Armaan his rightful place back, and her silly boy believing all the lies she spewed in the past didn’t even asked for anything in return. He was just happy marrying that girl. That was all he seems to want and need these days. He is enjoying his honeymoon phase too much for kaveri’s liking. He is in masoorie with his wife for the last 7 days and Vidya her eldest daughter in law, Armaan’s mother told her they plan to stay another 8-10 days but will return before Vidya and madhav's 40th wedding anniversary.

She still remembers the conversation between Armaan and herself before he was leaving for masoorie vividly.

She was so out of wits after Rohit has lost another case and client, and Sanjay as usual was giving her empty promises of Rohit’s big win. Armaan and that girl were laughing and jumping all around the house, packing last minute items before leaving for masoorie. They had postponed their honeymoon because that girl had hearings in the court. Her schedule was suddenly full of client meetings and court hearings, and to top it off Armaan was buzzing happily on abhira’s 10 consecutive wins. They were planning on celebrating that girl’s wins while Rohit was losing cases after cases. As reluctant as Kaveri was and will always deny it if asked but abhira was a better lawyer like her mother than kaveri’s own blood Rohit, who was proving himself to be incompetent when faced with responsibilities.

Seeing the juxtaposition these two brothers were in her control shattered and she shouted “ ARMAAN!” Stunning everyone into silence.

All the family members who were at home came around Kaveri, Vidya (the eldest DIL) Manisha chachi -sa ( younger DIL) Kajal bua-sa ( kaveri’s Daughter) Ruhi ( Rohit’s wife and youngest DIL) Rohit (second son of the family Vidya and Madhav’s second child) Charu &Krrish (Kajal and Sanjay’s kids) Aryan &Kiara( Manisha and Manoj’s kids) .

Armaan too came with Abhira holding onto his left hand shirt sleeve within her fingers of right hand and her left hand clasped tightly into her husband’s left hand’s fingers.

How can you be like this? Tumhe sirf ye ladki dikhti hai? Iski khushiyon ki taraf hi tumhe tumhari zimmedari yaad rehti hai? Tumhare bhai ka kya? Uski taraf tumhari zimmedari ka kya? Uski Khushiyon ka kya? Tum is ladki ke ane se Badal gye ho yeh mein janti thy par itne khudgarz ho jaoge yeh nhi socha tha Armaan.” Kaveri roared at Armaan.

( “How can you be like this? You see only your wife? You only remember your responsibilities towards her happiness only? What about your brother? What about your responsibilities towards him? What about his happiness? I have accepted that you have changed since this girl but I never expected you to be this selfish towards your brother Armaan.”)

As abhira’s hold on Armaan’s hand tightened even further his resolve strengthened. In the past he would have stayed silent and would ask for another chance to be better but his wife has made him realise never to accept a blame that is not his to face.

Armaan released a breath he was holding, he looked at Vidya, his mother not by birth but still one of the best things that happened to him, who looks like she has aged 10 years in the last year alone. She looks worried over this new argument between her son and mother in law that has a potential to bring unwanted storm to her kids and prayed to god that Masa’s anger doesn’t ruin the relationship of both her son’s even further. Their relationship much to her dislike has not improved at all since her eldest child’s wedding like she has hoped.

Say something Armaan.” Manisha chachi-sa encouraged him, his forever cheerleader after his beloved wife Abhira. Everyone looked at him for a reply not understanding what has bought this on right before he and Abhira were preparing to leave for masoorie while Kaveri was brimming with anger.

Which responsibility since my wedding have I not fulfilled towards my brother or my family dadisa? Ask Aryan was I not there for him when he needed me to practice hockey with everyday, ask Krrish was I not there with him every step of the way when he planned to start his own dance classes, from acquiring land to paper work, hiring staff and even doing marketing, ask Charu have I not assisted her with selecting a college for her post graduate or helped Kiara everyday with her history and psychology homework. Have I ever told them NO when they came to me asking for help. Have I not been assisting chacha-sa in his cases. Or have I said no to any task given by Ma, chachi-sa, bua-as or you? In fact just now Abhira and I were telling ma about your new cardiologist since your regular doctor will be unavailable for the next 2 months, he is going to USA for a while. We have arranged a regular checkup with the new doctor after 2 weeks” Armaan replied, perplexed at his grandmother’s increasing anxiety. Worried about Kaveri going into another cardiac arrest when the last one was not even 6 months ago he reached out to his grandmother holding her hand and asking her to sit down so that they can talk without stressing her out. But Kaveri being Kaveri, she ripped her hands out of Armaan’s hands while pushing him to the side without even realising. Krrish immediately balanced Armaan before he could hurt himself.

“I am talking about Rohit, Armaan. Who you have forgotten is your brother.” Said Kaveri with disapproval in her eyes towards Armaan.

Armaan looked at Rohit who was already looking at Armaan not entirely sure what to expect out of this conversation, Rohit looked as confused as the rest of the family. But their was an hope in Rohit’s heart and eyes about exactly what he didn’t know himself . Armaan decided to reply to the questions in Rohit’s eyes directly.

“I have not forgotten anyone dadisa, but maybe you have. Since the day of Rohit’s return he refuses to accept me as his brother or have YOU forgotten that you had specifically asked me and Abhira not to interfere with Rohit’s marriage, his career, his cases and his life. You have asked us not to be around Rohit and Ruhi and to let them be. Yet I stilled tried to guide him, help him. I tried my best to be there for him but he told me he doesn’t want me to be his support anymore. He wants to make his own choices, decisions and mistakes. He wants to Create his own identity Separate from me and my shadow. When you gave him all my clients I tried to inform and guide him about the things he should be careful about but you and Rohit asked me to stay away. To let him make his own decisions, to let him be his own man. And when a person makes his own decisions, his own mistakes they have to take responsibility of those decisions and face the consequences of such mistakes. You can’t just pass the blame to another person dadi-sa. It was YOU and ROHIT who made all those decisions NOT ME.”

Rohit was shocked at Armaan’s answer would be an understatement. He had never expected his behaviour to backfire on him in such extent. He was somewhere ashamed of his behaviour and was losing hope of ever recovering from his blunder and having a heartfelt reunion with with his brother Armaan, he looked down not being able to meet Armaan’s eyes. But Armaan being the eldest brother as usual was not ready to lose his brother completely and added, “Still if Rohit one day decides he has an older brother whose support and knowledge he needs I will be there for him, until then I cannot help you or Rohit.”

Giving Rohit a chance to overcome his trust issues towards Armaan, letting go of his residual anger and forgiving Armaan for his past mistake so that they can all move on to a better and happier future. Armaan knows Rohit is no longer angry at him, Rohit has seen that Armaan was not lying when he said there is nothing between him and Ruhi and the only girl he has ever loved is Abhira. But Rohit is not ready to accept this yet. So Armaan gave him more time, in fact as much time as Rohit needed. But also putting across the point that next time it has to be Rohit who will have to take a step towards Armaan. And Armaan will be waiting for his brother, always.

Stunning Kaveri into silence by his reply, Armaan looked at his grandmother for few seconds before grabbing abhira’s hand, who was filled with pride for her husband’s reply knowing how difficult it was for Armaan to say what he said, and started dragging her towards the entrance door, but abhira stayed put and asked her husband “Are you sure we should go today? After what just happened?”

YES!” Came Armaan’s monosyllabic reply annoying Abhira, who looked at him like she wants to puncture all the tyres of his car. “This is between Rohit and dadi-sa , they will sort this out between them. We are getting late, masoorie awaits us.”

After getting a proper reply from Armaan, Abhira nodded finally relenting to her husband. Kaveri watched as both husband and wife walked out of the house holding hands after saying their goodbyes to the family.

Coming back to present Kaveri asked Sanjay to leave for dinner as the entire family must be waiting for the both of them downstairs at dinner table.Sitting at the dinner table with her family she missed the presence of Armaan and for the first time Abhira’s too.

Thinking back to that day another realisation had come to the matriarch of Poddar house, Armaan was no longer that same silly boy who she could scold into obedience. He was suppose to be the obedient one but not anymore, he is not the same person as before. Her eldest granddaughter-In-law has made him a wayward.

But even she can’t deny that Armaan is his happiest he has ever been and as much as it hurts to accept that someone from outside was the reason Kaveri no more possesses the heart to see the side of Armaan she has once witnessed after Armaan and abhira’s divorce.

So to answer her own question, YES, Armaan is winning! He is winning in LIFE, and the reason is that unruly girl abhira, he calls his wife. The woman Kaveri considered incompetent to be a good wife for Armaan, is turning out to be a better wife then expected.

And the biggest realisation to Kaveri is that she doesn’t care anymore that someone, no not someone, her Armaan her eldest grandson is winning from her. She has been winning for so many years she has failed to remember that when a child start winning from the parent, that is a job well done, not a reason to reprimand the child. Which she has been doing to Armaan without any realisation until recently.

And now she can no longer let her ego win when the clock is running out on her. Kaveri will have to talk to Armaan when he is back from his honeymoon, give him his rightful position back as the head of the firm, give him his clients back before Armaan decides to practice his law degree independent of Poddar and associates.

Kaveri cannot lose Armaan! She will not lose Armaan.

————————————————————————

This is all for today. I will update further chapters in the coming week/s. Do let me know what you guys think about this. Constructive Criticism is always welcome. And if possible to my planned story line I will also try to incorporate any requests you guys might have about our lead couple.

I am writing almost after 2 years, so I might be a little rusty. Please ignore any grammatical mistakes I might have made. This is not proof read or edited.
Thank you for your time and patience. 🫶🏻

Edited by wallflowergirl - 24 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Omg ! I love how Armaan simply stated facts and refused to be guilt tripped for something he didn't do. Beautiful!!!

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Omg ! I love how Armaan simply stated facts and refused to be guilt tripped for something he didn't do. Beautiful!!!

Thank you 🫶🏻. Well I am tired of watching Armaan’s wet eyes after every time something goes wrong in the world smiley36. It’s high time he stops feeling guilt for all the things that are not his fault. This is a version of Armaan I want to see after Manju Poddar avatar smiley42

Pinecone thumbnail

Look forward to the upcoming chapters! Please write more FFs too! Would love to read something focusing on Abhiras fears/insecurities

I have a thread full of FF prompts incase you need a starting point for a new story too.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5352685

Edited by Pinecone - 27 days ago
Lavi_dovey thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Team Phufasa

Woww. This is really good. Strong Armaan is my favourite genre here. Please continue soon.

olsen_124 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Loved it so so much..... Aww they are married thats great.....Dadisa wants Armaan back at the firm but does Armaan want to go back

Please do tag me when you update

Pinecone thumbnail

Aapka update kab ayega? Looking forward

Wela thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hope the show writers get some inspiration from this….Looking forward to the next part!

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Look forward to the upcoming chapters! Please write more FFs too! Would love to read something focusing on Abhiras fears/insecurities

I have a thread full of FF prompts incase you need a starting point for a new story too.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5352685

Thank you, I am happy you liked my writing to think I can write on more tropes.

I did like a couple of prompts. I will try to include a small scene in the story or write on them after this story ends if time allows it.

And my next part might take 2-3 days. Be patient with me please as I said I am writing after almost 2 years so I am not really a polished or speedy writer. But I will try to give an update as soon as possible. 🫶🏻

Originally posted by: Lavi_dovey

Woww. This is really good. Strong Armaan is my favourite genre here. Please continue soon.

Thank you 🫶🏻

Yes, strong Armaan who is not guilt ridden is a very valid and important demand from the makers,it’s still a few months away though that’s why I have written this story for the future tracksmiley36.

But I guess I wanted to humanise kaveri’s character too. She has been more a dragon-sa last few months than dadi-sa. I still remember few instances before deal marriage truth came out when she had started to accept Abhira little by little. When she worried for her and Armaan.

I think after Abhira becomes a Poddar Kaveri will soften towards both of them but right now she is afraid of losing Armaan. As Madhav has once told Abhira, Kaveri imagines Armaan’s birth mom in Abhira. And the fear of losing Armaan is a physical entity in her mind.

So just an attempt to redeem dadi-sa ka character before it’s too late.