Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prizi thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 months ago

Targets under 250 successfully defended vs India since 2011 (ODI)

190 WI North Sound 2017

240 NZ Manchester 2019

241 SL Colombo RPS 2024 *

243 NZ Delhi 2016

247 Eng Lord's 2022

Prizi thumbnail

India

Most wickets lost to spin by India in an ODI

10 vs SL Colombo RPS 2023

9 vs Colombo RPS 1997

9 vs SL Colombo RPS 2024 (1st ODI)

9 vs SL Colombo RPS 2024 (today) *

All four instances have come against Sri Lanka and all four happened at Colombo RPS.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Most Indian batters dismissed LBW in an ODI innings

5 vs Ban Mirpur 2014

5 vs SL Colombo RPS 2024 (1st ODI)

5 vs SL Colombo RPS 2024 (today)

Prizi thumbnail

India

Jeffrey Vandersay | Player of the Match: There was a lot of pressure coming into the side. I am coming out of a layoff. I had to something and it is easier to take credit. I want to give credit to the batters as well. They put on 240 runs and that helped me to bowl in good areas. Hasaranga is out No. 1 spinner. I got to understand the atmosphere of the team and team balance. I have to keep pushing myself. There was assistance in the wicket, I was trying to hit the good areas. Once I got my first wicket, that built up my confidence. Fortunately, I was able to take six wickets.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Rohit Sharma: When you lose a game, everything hurts. It's not just about those 10 overs. You have to play consistent cricket and we failed to do that today. Little disappointed but these things happen. You got to adapt what's in front of you. With left-right, we felt it'll be easier to rotate strike. Credit to Jeffrey, he got six wickets. The reason I got 65 is because of the way I batted. When I am batting like that, there's a lot of risks taken. If you don't cross the line, you always feel disappointed. I don't want to compromise on my intent. We understand nature of this surface, it gets really tough in the middle overs. You have to try to get as many as possible in the powerplay. We weren't good enough. Don't want to look too much into how we played. But there'll be talks about our batting in the middle overs.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Charith Asalanka: I was pretty with the score. 240 was good enough. As a captain, these kind of problems (plenty of spin options) I need to have. It was an unbelievable spell by him (Vandersay). They were more than 90 runs when he came in to bowl. I am mainly a batter, I have to score runs. After that I can bowl a few overs.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Sri Lanka outplayed India all the facets of the game today. They opted for an extra spinner and strengthened their batting which turned out to be right move. They take an unassailable lead in this 3-match series. India ought to address a few issues. They let the Sri Lankan lower-order get to good totals in both the matches after starting well with the ball. And, their middle-order batters struggled against spin in both the ODIs.Too many experiments with the batting order?

Edited by Prizi - 1 months ago
Redflag thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 6

Please don't give chance to deserving players & keep giving chance to undeserving players 🙏

I don't like to bash any player but the way Indian team not giving chance to deserving players they deserved this loss

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishnesh

BCCI wants to saves him for test matches but he has some issue with Rohit sharma who not wants him in "any white ball because he played his way". Did you notice

He was in WC team but Rohit & dravid not let him to play any game was the prime reason BCCI not selectes him no longer In white ball.

what issue rohit has with jaiswal? I didnt notice anything

as for test did jaiswal play any test yet? I hope they dont do the same mistake in the opposite way to gill where they think gill is all format player jaiswal only test or nothing smiley24

1184330 thumbnail

Jeffrey Vandersay | Player of the Match: There was a lot of pressure coming into the side. I am coming out of a layoff. I had to something and it is easier to take credit. I want to give credit to the batters as well. They put on 240 runs and that helped me to bowl in good areas. Hasaranga is out No. 1 spinner. I got to understand the atmosphere of the team and team balance. I have to keep pushing myself. There was assistance in the wicket, I was trying to hit the good areas. Once I got my first wicket, that built up my confidence. Fortunately, I was able to take six wickets.

Edited by Aurora_77 - 1 months ago