Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 months ago

Rohit Sharma: Good pitch. We have played a lot of cricket here and know the conditions. There has been a lot of changes; I am back, so is Virat, KL and Shreyas Iyer. Kuldeep also comes back in. Dube is also playing. We have a pretty decent balance. We had a great World Cup, we didn't cross the finishing line but there were a lot of positives. We have created an atmosphere where guys can come in and play with freedom. Not really (on whether he will bowl), I will focus on my batting. We have enough bowlers in the squad that can roll their arm over.

Sri Lanka have won the toss and have opted to bat

Charith Asalanka: We are going to bat first. It looks like a dry pitch and that's the reason. We are going with 6-5 combination. Shiraz is making his debut today. We have to improve our mental skills, we did some bad things in the last game but that is the past and we are looking forward to this game. It (injuries) is a concern as a captain but I am looking forward to going with my second line of bowling.

Sri Lanka have won the toss and have opted to bat

Savera84 thumbnail

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj

Edited by Savera84 - 1 months ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Pathum Nissanka, Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis(w), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka(c), Janith Liyanage, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dunith Wellalage, Akila Dananjaya, Asitha Fernando, Mohamed Shiraz

Edited by Savera84 - 1 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Teams:

Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Pathum Nissanka, Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis(w), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka(c), Janith Liyanage, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dunith Wellalage, Akila Dananjaya, Asitha Fernando, Mohamed Shiraz

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 months ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Shreyas Iyer: "Important to be free and play my natural game this series. Free-flowing and not think a lot about circumstances. We have a phenomenal team and everyone is on top of the game. [Working with GG] I worked with him at Delhi Daredevils when he was the captain, and now at KKR. He gives you immense confidence. Can't remember an instance when he put you in pressure. Good to be around him, you get to learn a lot. He has a lot of confidence about what team to play and what strategies to implement."

1184330 thumbnail

SL wins the toss and opts to bat

1184330 thumbnail

2:23pm It is bright and sunny as the teams line up for the national anthems.

1184330 thumbnail

Nissanka and Fernando at the crease with M Siraj bowling

Prizi thumbnail

India

Siraj vs SL top four combined (Nissanka, Avishka, Mendis & Sadeera)

69 balls

31 runs

10 dismissals

And we want this siraj back

Prizi thumbnail

India

Latest India has taken to play their first ODI in a calendar year

6 December in 1980

1 October in 1978

2 August in 2024 *

13 July in 1974