Which Credit Card Offers the Best Rewards and Cashback?

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Hey everyone,

I've been using the HDFC Infinia Credit Card and SBI Cashback for a while now, and I've found the rewards and cashback to be quite beneficial. I mainly use it for online shopping and dining out. However, I'm curious to know if there are other credit cards out there that offer even better rewards or cashback options.

What credit cards do you use for rewards and cashback? Are there any hidden gems that I should be aware of?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minakrish thumbnail

The best I feel and technically, also my most used credit card is the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card. It gives me an option for no cost EMI on any purchase I make on the Amazon App and the rewards are really great.

Apart from that the ICICI Rubyx card - I get Airport Lounge access and offers of movie tickets.

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: minakrish

The best I feel and technically, also my most used credit card is the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card. It gives me an option for no cost EMI on any purchase I make on the Amazon App and the rewards are really great.

Apart from that the ICICI Rubyx card - I get Airport Lounge access and offers of movie tickets.

Hi minakrish,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card and the ICICI Rubyx card! It’s always helpful to hear about the benefits and rewards others are enjoying from their credit cards.

The no-cost EMI option on the Amazon App sounds fantastic, especially for those who frequently shop on Amazon. And the ICICI Rubyx card’s airport lounge access and movie ticket offers are definitely appealing perks for travelers and movie buffs.

I actually had the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card a while back and enjoyed using it, but I found it difficult to manage multiple cards and ended up cancelling it. Unfortunately, when I tried to get it again, I couldn't because it was a lifetime free card and they do not reissue it once cancelled. It's definitely something to keep in mind if you're considering getting or cancelling this card. 😞

hdfc-infinia-metal-edition.jpg

Currently, I find that the HDFC Infinia Credit Card offers the best ROI in terms of rewards when used with SmartBuy 5x rewards.

cashback-card-front.png

For cashback, the SBI Cashback Credit Card is excellent, giving 5% on online transactions, barring a few categories.

airtel-axis-credit-card.jpeg

I also recently added the Airtel Axis Credit Card, which provides reasonable cashback:

• 25% on Airtel bills (up to Rs. 250),
  • 10% on Zomato, Swiggy, and Big Basket (max Rs. 500 per month),
  • 10% Cashback on Utility bills like Electricity, Water and Gas, (max Rs. 250 per month).

However, a downside is that managing it can be challenging since they do not offer auto debit for their credit card payments unless you have a savings account with them. Perhaps there are alternative solutions I'm not aware of.

If anyone else has any recommendations or experiences with these cards, feel free to chime in. It's great to see a variety of options and benefits that can suit different needs and lifestyles.

Edited by vijay - 2 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

HDFC CC user here, there's credit points for payments of policy (HDFC Life, LIC, medical insurance, etc.) Use the credit card for that to collect more points.

I hope your relationship manager got the yearly charges waived off. If not, ask them to.

You get lounge access and all that with Infinia too, I'm guessing. Been using mom's Regalia for a few years now. They do provide no-cost emi option.