Posted: 1 months ago

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6Jzo_zrU6r/?igsh=MWMxeTV6czh6cTZlNA==

Its Mikal zulfiqar smiley29smiley36 BTW Loved this songsmiley20

Edited by Virgo27 - 1 months ago
hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

Am I the only one who thinks that neither the question was inappropriate nor the answer? Such questions are norms everywhere, it has nothing to do with misogyny, Salman is being asked such questions from before I was born to this day. Up close and personal is not only professional setting, people want to know about their personal life too, I didn't find the line of questioning inappropriate, he was flattering her like another journalist spoke to Wahaj about having female fan following similarly this guy was talking about someone who wants to marry Yumna

It was a light hearted conversation, a cheeky question and a cheeky answer, everyone was laughing there including Yumna

I think fans blew it out of proportion by over analysing Wahaj's look and it was highlighted for no reason

Yumna's response seemed perfectly fine to me. I am still trying to figure out, what exactly happened?

It was less about the substance of the question but the way it was asked and the tone of the person asking it. A common question actors do get in fan interactions is "aap shaadi kab kerenge/ karengi". That's a more harmless way of asking the question and one Yumna has probably answered many times. Hell, even if you are a regular desi female over 25 and not married, every aunty asks that question at every shaadi or dawat you attend. But this man who asked the question did not phrase his question so mildly. He was creepy and crass. Him asking "you single or what" just sounded aggressive and disrespectful (not cheeky). You can see from Wahaj's expression that he was also put off by the man's tone. If somebody speaks to my friend or colleague like that, I too will give them a side eye. I think Yumna handled it the best way she could. She tried to play it off in a humorous way. That was very sporting and polite of her. Organizers should have told the guy to sit down after the way he spoke to her the first time instead of letting him talk again after Yumna first answered.

Edited by hypnotoad - 1 months ago
SwatiSingh79 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

It was less about the substance of the question but the way it was asked and the tone of the person asking it. A common question actors do get in fan interactions is "aap shaadi kab kerenge/ karengi". That's a more harmless way of asking the question and one Yumna has probably answered many times. Hell, even if you are a regular desi female over 25 and not married, every aunty asks that question at every shaadi or dawat you attend. But this man who asked the question did not phrase his question so mildly. He was creepy and crass. Him asking "you single or what" just sounded aggressive and disrespectful (not cheeky). You can see from Wahaj's expression that he was also put off by the man's tone. If somebody speaks to my friend or colleague like that, I too will give them a side eye. I think Yumna handled it the best way she could. She tried to play it off in a humorous way. That was very sporting and polite of her. Organizers should have told the guy to sit down after the way he spoke to her the first time instead of letting him talk again after Yumna first answered.

If he was being rude then fans can try and find his employer and complain so such instances are not repeated

However, I did watch it and he was asking her out for his friend, he said his friend wants to marry her so it was that kind of a banter. If it was a professional setting I think the question wouldn't have been of a personal nature that's the lingo used in common settings.

I am not even sure if he was a journalist, the press conference didn't seem like proper press team was invited

Originally posted by: tgota92

Ready to see this Shuja

IMG_5628.jpegIMG_5626.jpeg

He is coming with sherry in ary drama. He is looking good.

Originally posted by: Virgo27

He is coming with sherry in ary drama. He is looking good.

I’ve stopped following Radd since it went downhill but Sherry was indeed the best part of the show. Looking forward to this next project ! Good cast ❤️

Will probably catch up on Radd once it ends. FF ker ker ke