[MT]: wisdom from your life experiences u wanna share here briefly

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

Life and other people are the best teachers if one is open to learn.

Please share in one or few sentences briefly your own personal wisdom you got from your life experiences.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail

Mine would be :

Do not come to the good/bad conclusions about anyone after few interactions, shortly.

Give it a 3 to 6 months at least, and a number of various experiences dealing with them.

sharaban thumbnail

2. Detach yourself from the past experiences with previous ones while analyzing a new person, as a new one, do not tint the glasses.

(Though do look for the similar patterns of the old experiences, in a longer run).

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Don't compare yourself with others because everyone is learning their own lessons on Earth. They have different life lessons than you.

sharaban thumbnail

^

Legit

Word Count: 1

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

A teacher had told me this when I was very young to reduce negative thoughts and comparisons with others

So there are 3 kinds of successful people we usually feel envious abt

1. ppl who worked hard, went through a lot of struggle to finally get to a good position in life ….for eg ppl who fought their way out of poverty, lack of chances, bad relationships to finally reach a peaceful place in life ….

In this case, we shouldn’t feel envious coz we know they earnt their success ..it should inspire us to keep trying

2. Ppl who seem to have everything but have a lot of issues they are dealing with in their day to day life which u know nothing abt …for eg, the ceo who recently divorced his wife, or the mother of 2 going through post partum depression and health complications after birth

In this case again, no envy coz u don’t know what someone is going through and perhaps wouldn’t want to wish that for urself ….empathy

3. Ppl who genuinely have everything and actually have no issues - this sorta thing is possible but is only a phase in life I.e temporary ….sooner or later, the phase changes and everyone deals with their share of problems

In this case also, no envy coz u know it’s not permanent

So basically there is no reason to feel envious about anyone ….u either get inspired by them, feel empathy for them or wait for the tide to turn in your favour coz change is inevitable …

Edited by pathaka - 2 months ago
sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

A teacher had told me this when I was very young to reduce negative thoughts and comparisons with others

So there are 3 kinds of successful people we usually feel envious abt

1. ppl who worked hard, went through a lot of struggle to finally get to a good position in life ….for eg ppl who fought their way out of poverty, lack of chances, bad relationships to finally reach a peaceful place in life ….

In this case, we shouldn’t feel envious coz we know they earnt their success ..it should inspire us to keep trying

2. Ppl who seem to have everything but have a lot of issues they are dealing with in their day to day life which u know nothing abt …for eg, the ceo who recently divorced his wife, or the mother of 2 going through post partum depression and health complications after birth

In this case again, no envy coz u don’t know what someone is going through and perhaps wouldn’t want to wish that for urself ….empathy

3. Ppl who genuinely have everything and actually have no issues - this sorta thing is possible but is only a phase in life I.e temporary ….sooner or later, the phase changes and everyone deals with their share of problems

In this case also, no envy coz u know it’s not permanent

So basically there is no reason to feel envious about anyone ….u either get inspired by them, feel empathy for them or wait for the tide to turn in your favour coz change is inevitable …

Beautiful, and very well explained.

sharaban thumbnail

* Nostalgia is just an illusion of beautifying the ordinary past.

* Life is not what you HAVE, life is HOW YOU FEEL.

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Karma theory. I believe in and live accordingly.

So even when I can not escape the pain, there is complete acceptance. I don't blame anyone and I never wonder 'why me'.

Socklet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Stay away from negative people and negative thoughts.

Don’t try to change yourself to fit somewhere.

Try to understand someone’s situation before judging them.

Save money!