Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bee222 thumbnail

India

Posted: 3 months ago

The target of 172 was always going to be an uphill task and it turned out exactly in the manner the Indian bowlers would have hoped for. After a good over from Arshdeep, Jasprit Bumrah didn't quite find his radar in his first over. Arshdeep went onto concede three boundaries in his second over off Jos Buttler which provided momentum to England in the powerplay. However the introduction of Axar Patel totally turned the tide towards India as wickets kept tumbling at regular intervals.

Jos Buttler was the first to as he gloved an attempted reverse sweep straight to Rishabh Pant. It was Bumrah who came back strongly in his second over, deceiving Phil Salt with an immaculate slower delivery. Things started going from bad to worse when Jonny Bairstow was castled by an arm ball from Axar Patel. Harry Brook and Moeen Ali tried to stitch a partnership together but Moeen departed soon after before Kuldeep trapped Sam Curran right in front of the stumps to reduce England to 48/5.

From there on, it was always for a lost cause as far as England were concerned. Harry Brook started taking some chances and found the boundary off Kuldeep Yadav before getting castled attempting another reverse sweep. It was then time for Chris Jordan to get bamboozled by a beautiful leg break from Kuldeep Yadav. Jofra Archer struck some mighty blows but a mishap with Liam Livingstone saw the latter head back to the pavilion without making a significant impact and that was the final nail in the coffin. It was Bumrah who fittingly finished the match off with the wicket of Jofra Archer as India registered a 68 run victory.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

The last instance of a team having an unbeaten run throughout a Men's ICC tournament was the Champions Trophy 2013 (India).

๐Ÿงฟ๐Ÿงฟ๐Ÿงฟ๐Ÿงฟ๐Ÿงฟ

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Jos Buttler: India certainly outplayed us. We let them get 20-25 runs too many. It was a challenging surface, they played well on. They fully deserved this win. Very different conditions (than 2022), credit to India. They played a very good game of cricket. With the rain around, didn't expect the conditions to change too much. Don't think it really did. They outbowled us. They had an above-par score. Don;t think toss was necessarily the difference between the teams. They've got some fantastic spinners. In hindsight, should have bowled Moeen in that innings with the way spin was bowling. We are really proud of everyone's effort. We stuck together, came up short when it mattered the most.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Jos Buttler: India certainly outplayed us. We let them get 20-25 runs too many. It was a challenging surface, they played well on. They fully deserved this win. Very different conditions (than 2022), credit to India. They played a very good game of cricket. With the rain around, didn't expect the conditions to change too much. Don't think it really did. They outbowled us. They had an above-par score. Don;t think toss was necessarily the difference between the teams. They've got some fantastic spinners. In hindsight, should have bowled Moeen in that innings with the way spin was bowling. We are really proud of everyone's effort. We stuck together, came up short when it mattered the most.

Bee222 thumbnail

India

India win by 68 runs smiley40

If you want revenge, take it like India. After a 10-wicket defeat in the 2022 T20 World Cup semi final against the same opposition, they totally changed their template as a T20 team and the results are there for everyone to see with full interest today. While they were hammered by England in 2022, India returned the complements in 2024. A thoroughly dominating show from the Indian bowlers sees them go through to the final.

They will now meet South Africa in the grand final on Saturday.

Bee222 thumbnail

India

Jos Buttler (England captain): India certainly outplayed us, may be let them get 20-25 runs too many, it was a challenging surface, they played well and they outplayed us, full deserved the win. Two years on, different conditions, credit to India, they played a very good cricket and deserved the win as I said. Obviously with the rain around, probably didn't think it would change much and don't think it really did. They outplayed us, they had an above par score and the toss wasn't the difference between the teams. They've got some fantastic spinners, our guys bowled well too. In hindsight, should've bowled Moeen in that innings, with the way that the spin was playing, they had an above par score with that kind of bowling was always going to be tough. With everything that's happened throughout the tournament, proud of the everyone's efforts to be here. I think we've lot of a adversity throughout the competition, we've stuck together well as a group and played some really good cricket in patches, but came up short when we needed the most.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Rohit Sharma: Very satisfying to win this game. We worked really hard as a unit. To win this game like that was a great effort from everyone. We adapted to the conditions really well. It was a challenge and we adapted. We played the conditions really well. If the players play according to the conditions, things falls in place. Very pleasing with how we came through. At one stage, 1450-150, as the game went on, after that partnership, we said another 25 runs. I can set the target in my mind, but I don't want to let anyone know about it, to the batters. They are all instinctive players. I thought 170 was a very good surface. They (Axar and Kuldeep) are gun spinners. It's difficult to play some shots, the pressure is on them as well but they were calm and knew what to bowl.He (Kohli) is a quality player. Any player can go through that. We understand his class and his importance. Form is never a problem. The intent is there. Absolutely (backing Kohli for the final). We have been very calm as a team. We understand the occasion (final). Staying composed helps you make good decisions. That'll help us making the game through. You got to play good cricket. That's what we want to do in the final.

Edited by Prizi - 3 months ago
Cookermaichane thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Expressionist (January 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 9

๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน

https://x.com/mufaddal_vohra/status/1806419372610924581?s=46&t=14fwKequOItMfn5CYLuf8w

Word Count: 1

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Rohit Sharma: Very satisfying to win this game. We worked really hard as a unit. To win this game like that was a great effort from everyone. We adapted to the conditions really well. It was a challenge and we adapted. We played the conditions really well. If the players play according to the conditions, things falls in place. Very pleasing with how we came through. At one stage, (we were thinking) 140-150, as the game went on, after that partnership, we said another 25 runs. I can set the target in my mind, but I don't want to let anyone know about it, to the batters. They are all instinctive players. I thought 170 was a very good score on this surface. They (Axar and Kuldeep) are gun spinners. It's difficult to play some shots, the pressure is on them as well but they were calm and knew what to bowl. He (Kohli) is a quality player. Any player can go through that. We understand his class and his importance. Form is never a problem. The intent is there. Absolutely (backing Kohli for the final). We have been very calm as a team. We understand the occasion (final). Staying composed helps you make good decisions. That'll help us making the game through. You got to play good cricket. That's what we want to do in the final.