Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Watched it.. smiley16

1) first half - Prabhas’ Bhairava’s awful fight sequence and unbearable Tom foolery ..I’m not sure why they thought comedy was required in an extremely serious and apocalyptic setting of Kalki..?? 2) If I discount that part out completely..I enjoyed the first half as well..especially the world building, the Complex and also Sumati’s premise..and the biggest draw card - Ashwathama- BigB tussi great ho..tofaa Kabul karo.

3) now the pre-interval block! WOW! uhh goosebumps when Sumati gives a sort of Agni Pariksha..Deepu’s that walk alone..was rousing and absolutely breath taking.

4) but the second half smiley22 I did not blink for a second…who is the actress who played Kyra! spunky and cool..that was a spirited performance

5) Ashwathama versus Bhairava fight smiley3 man so much respect for how they presented these fight sequences!

6) the world of Shambhala smiley32

7) but the stunning stunning last sequence..oh man..I went like crazy. I knew what was coming but when I saw it..justapoxed with Mahabharata sequences! VFX in the Sambhala vs Complex raiders battle..top notch. VFX wise this is one of the best not just in Indian movies but even at international level.

8) Honestly Prabhas looked so good in that 2 minute shot as Karna..as opposed to annoying and bloated Bhairava. I hope they will course correct on this character sketch and make it more serious anyway for part 2.

3) Also Kamal Hassan - that last shot was - jaw dropping ..I am still a bit shocked..with his dialogues..can someone help clarify..I don’t think he is Kali.. He said something about charioteer etc..I am very confused about Yaskin

4) captain? Is he Yudhishthira? They show him gambling Bhairava and his wealth away. I’m sure we will see more of Captain in the second half.

5) BG score should have been more powerful..it was powerful in Mahabharat sequences..but in general I feel like some scenes needed more elevation.

6) there is no need for comedy in this movie or cinematic universe. PLEASE NO MORE OF IT IN PART 2!

yaskin is not Kali

Remember that Giant statue

It was his he might be some astronaut or scientist but he is not god in his own mind devta h wo ab to kalki avtaar ka drop bhi milgya

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Just reached home after watching Kalki. What a spectacular movie it is! This movie's VFX is it's biggest USP. I just loved watching the movie due to its marvelous VFX. In fact for me this movie's VFX turned out to be even better than Bahubali's. Telugu cinema is really getting much much advanced and creative. The writers creativity and imagination on how the future might be is applaud worthy.

There's hardly any story in this movie. It's just an introduction to the main story just like Bahubali 1 was.

Positive things- Deepika as the vulnerable, innocent, pure hearted Sumati was excellent. This role of hers is different from the roles in her recent films and she was really good. Prabhas in action scenes rocked. He was awesome in all the *Karna* scenes and his scenes with Big B. Big B too was fabulous as Ashwatthama. This is probably the first time I saw Ashwatthama being shown in positive light. He was always shown as a bad person choosing the wrong side. First time they showed Ashwatthama as a good person and I am sure people who don't know who Ashwatthama is will look for more information about him and also will look at him through different lens. Kamal Hassan has just 2 scenes in the movie but I still enjoyed watching him in those scenes and looking forward to seeing him more in the second part. All the actors who played cameos like Rajendra Prasad, Mrunal, Dulquer, Brahmanandam were good.

Negative things- Prabhas sucked in comedy scenes. His acting was cringey in those scenes. The only scenes he was fantastic were the action scenes. Disha Patani was hardly there and was not needed at all. The songs except the Punjabi song sung by Diljit Dosanjh were boring. The music could have been better. Same thing about the costumes. The story is set in the future but the costumes and looks of the characters are so primitive.

All in all, it's a movie worth watching due to the actors performances and the VFX.

elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: e1t53e

So glad you watched it and enjoyed it.

Prabhas’s sequence also had the world building intertwined plus his character intro with all his mannerisms, insecurities and seeking of validation ( just like Karna). It was a tad too long and a lot of the intended nuances got lost in the translation leaving the audience scratching their heads with unfunny and boring mumbo jumbo…Good thing is Nagi seemed to have taken note of the criticism and hopefully he will make come up with more interesting screenplays for the sequel. There is no doubt the sequel is going to be of Epic proportions.🤞

But the biggest worry is the way he seemed to have not put too much thought into the nuances of the Epic itself from which he was drawing all his characters. From the couple of interviews I watched of him, he gave me the impression of a millennial with his set of preconceived notions, biases and prejudices and not much zeal to look into the nuances from a neutral point so that he can present a more compelling perspective of the characters. He clearly mentioned it also saying his idea is not to make a movie on the Epic and he shall leave that to SSR. 😩

Thats the thing. This director is nothing like SSR. The world he created in Bahubali was epic. The emotions he conveyed seemed real.

Here emotional scenes were camouflaged with comedy. Its n irony that Bujji appeared most responsive to emotions compared to any other human. The dialogues could've been written better.

This movie could’ve been so much better than what it ended up to be. So many parallels can be drawn between this one n Adipurush. First the total lack of color. Why make everything dark n grey? I get the context but then make it in black n white or sepia. What was the purpose of comedy? To show that humans dont lose hope in even the gloomiest of times? Couldn’t convey it properly. The dialogues seemed to be made for kids, but the movie wasn’t.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: I_M_SultaN

yaskin is not Kali

Remember that Giant statue

It was his he might be some astronaut or scientist but he is not god in his own mind devta h wo ab to kalki avtaar ka drop bhi milgya

Yaskin is like Thanos. Since humans abused nature he sucked all the resources of nature into his complex to preserve them. Like humanity doesnt deserve them. He isnt Kali..Kali means machine. The technology that is used in those times. Yaskin seems to be the person using this tech for evil purposes.

This brings us to the burning question of our times..is AI Kali? Will it make the world devoid of everything else but high tech?

Who will be Arjun? Guess the little boy who is with Ashwaththama..since Arjun was younger than Karna.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: e1t53e

So glad you watched it and enjoyed it.

Prabhas’s sequence also had the world building intertwined plus his character intro with all his mannerisms, insecurities and seeking of validation ( just like Karna). It was a tad too long and a lot of the intended nuances got lost in the translation leaving the audience scratching their heads with unfunny and boring mumbo jumbo…Good thing is Nagi seemed to have taken note of the criticism and hopefully he will make come up with more interesting screenplays for the sequel. There is no doubt the sequel is going to be of Epic proportions.🤞

But the biggest worry is the way he seemed to have not put too much thought into the nuances of the Epic itself from which he was drawing all his characters. From the couple of interviews I watched of him, he gave me the impression of a millennial with his set of preconceived notions, biases and prejudices and not much zeal to look into the nuances from a neutral point so that he can present a more compelling perspective of the characters. He clearly mentioned it also saying his idea is not to make a movie on the Epic and he shall leave that to SSR. 😩

because everyone had already mentioned that the first half is terrible..I was totally prepared for it..maybe and I was also trying to find links to Bhairava being Karna..since I had read all spoilers. I absolutely agree that they could have made it more engaging and edited out the senseless first fight ..also the cameos were fan service and a lot of it for Rebel fans..but I was just cringe-ing so hard and everytime Prabhas came on screen in first half..I was like breathe..it will get better because everyone said second half would be good and will deliver smiley36 but then the awesome pre-interval block came..and from there on the mood board and the intensity amped up..and there was no looking back for me personally. I understand people are on the fence or even upset about Arjun vs Karna and glorification of Karna. But if Ashwathama can get redemption then I don’t see why Karna cannot get a chance too. The beauty of Mahabharat is that every character is grey and interpretative..it’s not as if Raavana got glorified here... I loved how someone interpreted Deepika to be Draupadi reincarnate too..the fan theories and dissections is what is amping up Kalki more I feel. Yes there are some problems and since the director is aware of it..I’m sure he will make good on second part..but personally for me ..it was the high of climax and where they left it..uff..loved it.
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Thats the thing. This director is nothing like SSR. The world he created in Bahubali was epic. The emotions he conveyed seemed real.

Here emotional scenes were camouflaged with comedy. Its n irony that Bujji appeared most responsive to emotions compared to any other human. The dialogues could've been written better.

This movie could’ve been so much better than what it ended up to be. So many parallels can be drawn between this one n Adipurush. First the total lack of color. Why make everything dark n grey? I get the context but then make it in black n white or sepia. What was the purpose of comedy? To show that humans dont lose hope in even the gloomiest of times? Couldn’t convey it properly. The dialogues seemed to be made for kids, but the movie wasn’t.

hey I totally understand if you are disappointed..but Adipurush was a disaster in every frame..there was literally no redeeming quality...I do feel Kalki had a fair share of high moments even if this isn’t as wholesome as world of Bahubali..but to compare Nag Ashwin to Adipurush director (I forgot his name) is idk..
Edited by MaxMayfield - 3 months ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

hey I totally understand if you are disappointed..but Adipurush was a disaster in every frame..there was literally no redeeming quality...I do feel Kalki had a fair share of high moments even if this isn’t as wholesome as world of Bahubali..but to compare Nag Ashwin to Adipurush director (I forgot his name) is idk..

Movie ends at a cliffhanger. And the world after the Birth of Kalki will be rejuvenated. So will surely watch part 2. But this could’ve been better. Movie picks up pace after AB Sr’s entry.

M not n action movies fan..that could be one of the reasons