Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Does the second half get any better?

Undoubtedly. Glad you survived the 1st half. smiley36

elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

You only need to see Bookmyshow to see what the weekend numbers are gonna be like...more tears incoming

https://x.com/taran_adarsh/status/1809481726743191812

elaichichai thumbnail

200 crore in Hindi version alone from domestic market seems a done deal atp!!! With no big or small releases till August, Kalki will have a month of free reign!!!

https://x.com/taran_adarsh/status/1809504310868283484

Edited by elaichichai - 3 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: elaichichai

200 crore in Hindi version alone from domestic market seems a done deal atp!!! With no big or small releases till August, Kalki will have a month of free reign!!!

https://x.com/taran_adarsh/status/1809504310868283484

They should’ve just released it. It’s not like it’s going to do any better business in august. At least now they could’ve gotten the spillover crowd.

elaichichai thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

They should’ve just released it. It’s not like it’s going to do any better business in august. At least now they could’ve gotten the spillover crowd.

Yeah I mean this will be a niche film anyway, but whatever its the makers decision so blaming another movie for it makes no sense

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Watched it.. smiley16

1) first half - Prabhas’ Bhairava’s awful fight sequence and unbearable Tom foolery ..I’m not sure why they thought comedy was required in an extremely serious and apocalyptic setting of Kalki..?? 2) If I discount that part out completely..I enjoyed the first half as well..especially the world building, the Complex and also Sumati’s premise..and the biggest draw card - Ashwathama- BigB tussi great ho..tofaa Kabul karo.

3) now the pre-interval block! WOW! uhh goosebumps when Sumati gives a sort of Agni Pariksha..Deepu’s that walk alone..was rousing and absolutely breath taking.

4) but the second half smiley22 I did not blink for a second…who is the actress who played Kyra! spunky and cool..that was a spirited performance

5) Ashwathama versus Bhairava fight smiley3 man so much respect for how they presented these fight sequences!

6) the world of Shambhala smiley32

7) but the stunning stunning last sequence..oh man..I went like crazy. I knew what was coming but when I saw it..justapoxed with Mahabharata sequences! VFX in the Sambhala vs Complex raiders battle..top notch. VFX wise this is one of the best not just in Indian movies but even at international level.

8) Honestly Prabhas looked so good in that 2 minute shot as Karna..as opposed to annoying and bloated Bhairava. I hope they will course correct on this character sketch and make it more serious anyway for part 2.

3) Also Kamal Hassan - that last shot was - jaw dropping ..I am still a bit shocked..with his dialogues..can someone help clarify..I don’t think he is Kali.. He said something about charioteer etc..I am very confused about Yaskin

4) captain? Is he Yudhishthira? They show him gambling Bhairava and his wealth away. I’m sure we will see more of Captain in the second half.

5) BG score should have been more powerful..it was powerful in Mahabharat sequences..but in general I feel like some scenes needed more elevation.

6) there is no need for comedy in this movie or cinematic universe. PLEASE NO MORE OF IT IN PART 2!

Edited by MaxMayfield - 3 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Watched it.. smiley16

1) first half - Prabhas’ Bhairava’s awful fight sequence and unbearable Tom foolery ..I’m not sure why they thought comedy was required in an extremely serious and apocalyptic setting of Kalki..?? 2) If I discount that part out completely..I enjoyed the first half as well..especially the world building, the Complex and also Sumati’s premise..and the biggest draw card - Ashwathama- BigB tussi great ho..tofaa Kabul karo.

3) now the pre-interval block! WOW! uhh goosebumps when Sumati gives a sort of Agni Pariksha..Deepu’s that walk alone..was rousing and absolutely breath taking.

4) but the second half smiley22 I did not blink for a second…who is the actress who played Kyra! spunky and cool..that was a spirited performance

5) Ashwathama versus Bhairava fight smiley3 man so much respect for how they presented these fight sequences!

6) the world of Shambhala smiley32

7) but the stunning stunning last sequence..oh man..I went like crazy. I knew what was coming but when I saw it..justapoxed with Mahabharata sequences! VFX in the Sambhala vs Complex raiders battle..top notch. VFX wise this is one of the best not just in Indian movies but even at international level.

8) Honestly Prabhas looked so good in that 2 minute shot as Karna..as opposed to annoying and bloated Bhairava. I hope they will course correct on this character sketch and make it more serious anyway for part 2.

3) Also Kamal Hassan - that last shot was - jaw dropping ..I am still a bit shocked..with his dialogues..can someone help clarify..I don’t think he is Kali.. He said something about charioteer etc..I am very confused about Yaskin

4) captain? Is he Yudhishthira? They show him gambling Bhairava and his wealth away. I’m sure we will see more of Captain in the second half.

5) BG score should have been more powerful..it was powerful in Mahabharat sequences..but in general I feel like some scenes needed more elevation.

6) there is no need for comedy in this movie or cinematic universe. PLEASE NO MORE OF IT IN PART 2!

So glad you watched it and enjoyed it.

Prabhas’s sequence also had the world building intertwined plus his character intro with all his mannerisms, insecurities and seeking of validation ( just like Karna). It was a tad too long and a lot of the intended nuances got lost in the translation leaving the audience scratching their heads with unfunny and boring mumbo jumbo…Good thing is Nagi seemed to have taken note of the criticism and hopefully he will make come up with more interesting screenplays for the sequel. There is no doubt the sequel is going to be of Epic proportions.🤞

But the biggest worry is the way he seemed to have not put too much thought into the nuances of the Epic itself from which he was drawing all his characters. From the couple of interviews I watched of him, he gave me the impression of a millennial with his set of preconceived notions, biases and prejudices and not much zeal to look into the nuances from a neutral point so that he can present a more compelling perspective of the characters. He clearly mentioned it also saying his idea is not to make a movie on the Epic and he shall leave that to SSR. 😩