Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Ruhi.007

How loud is the bg score? Is it bearable to watch in theatre?

did you watch?

in my theatre overall it was very loud, the bgm once again like i said blended in background bt didnt stand out.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks for this interesting Website, Talis smiley1

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Watched it and …nagi mama cooked and how 😎👌

Spoilers ahead …read at own risk

Yes all those chichore disha pathani scenes can easily be removed ..

Prabhas takes a while to find his pre baahubali charm that he used to have (which the Telugu audience is familiar with and wants back)…I won’t say he’s fully back yet but kinda sorta maybe there is glimpses …

Comedy mostly dosent work sadly ….except some chuckles I got with bujjis deadpan sarcasm, rgv, rajamouli ‘s cameos (I’ll book u for 10 years this time 😂😂) and prabhas almost crying after amitabh punches him 😂

Some of the props kinda look like plastic and cardboard and don’t look to convincing …but minor gripe

All those kashi scenes are a bit boring with the bounty hunting and all..could have shot those better imo…

Music also could have been better in some portions ….bgm overall is good tho…could be great for a film like this …

What works like a dream tho is the vfx , world building and every aspect that ties the dystopian world to the Mahabharata times and scriptures….the kurkshetra war scenes, Krishna foreshadowing kalkis birth and his curse on ashwatthama, the signs and how it all happens with amitabh getting his mani back, the 6000 year old nakshatra reappearing, deepika walking through the fire with a pregnant belly and her being held in a jail during her pregnancy (reminds u of Krishna’s birth when his parents were in jail and vasudev had to take him through water, which made way for him like the fire makes way for deepika), ashwatthama living through his curse with wounds intact watching the world go from bad to worse to worst ….the powerless bow coming to power ..ashwatthama’s old man stick coming to power after someone uses it …notice little things like a wheel falls on prabhas the minute deepika carrying kalki arrives in kashi? (Tying back to karnas death while he was fixing a stuck wheel in the kurukshetra) ….like it’s all soo so so well done ….😎🥰😍🤯

The vfx is awesome 95% of the time …the only time it’s meh is the de aged amitabh from Mahabharata..

Mr ayan mukjerjee, u don’t incorporate mythology in the screenplay by finding a few elements and animals and attaching an “astra” at the end….THIS is how u connect it to mythology ,..he had a film named brahmastra at his disposal and instead of trying to tie it to how the brahmastra has been used previously in mythology (take ashwathamas story only for instance, he uses the brahmastra unethically leading to his doom), we get a “love is the biggest astra” Disney princess ending 🙄😬🥲😭😤😡😫…he had the amitabh bacchan at his disposal and he made him a narrator and didn’t give him any scenes of power …🥲

Nagi presented amitabh in all his OG 70s mass hero glory …

Kamal Hassan was in 2 scenes and was Voldemort level impressive especially his voice is bang on for the villain …👌

Deepika was good …mostly in jawaan distressed mother mode but she brought the purity and reslience needed for her character …

I liked the cameos ..yes Vijay deverakonda as arjuna was great…Mrunal was good too..so were Anna Ben (cutie), shobhana (graceeee)

Could have used the legendary brahmanandam a bit better imo..

Now coming to Amitabh, he killed it , ate and left no crumbs for anyone …everytime he shows up the movie becomes like 10x more interesting ….

im pumped for what they have in store for us in the kalki cinematic universe

….random theory time

- I think they will reincarnate all the “morally wavering/ committing adharma coz they are siding with the kauravas and influenced by them but have some scope for redemption “ characters from Mahabharata (bheeshma, ashwatthama, dronacharya, karna)…so all of them saving kalki maybe their way of paying for their sins???? Dunno…like many have already said, dulquer might be parasuram (lord vishnus 6th avatar) who teaches karna and kalki …I also think we will see more cameos in p2 playing vyasa, Brahma, (both of whom are said to be there at the time of kalkis birth - vyasa is also a chiranjeevi like ashwatthama and parasurama is also said to appear when kalki is born to teach him)

Edited by pathaka - 3 months ago
pathaka thumbnail

Also if what I heard is right, they have already shot 60% of the second part …they only have 40% remaining to shoot

Which means it will actually come out in this lifetime as opposed to *cough* Brahmastra *cough* where the director is directing war 2, ranbir is in Ramayana and animal park and amitabh could give two shits abt the film..and none of them have started shooting part 2 after part 1 which itself took 8 years

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I watched it again this time in Hindi and just like Baahubali, KGF, Pushpa and a plethora of other Hindi dubbed movies, the dialogues don’t land most of the time in the same way and on the top of it the jokes were cringe in Hindi losing the real meaning in the translation.

Btw, forgot to mention in my OG review that Amitabh Bachchan dubbed for himself in Telugu and was so impeccable too not like one of those broken Telugu or Telugu sounding like Hindi. 🙏🏻

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: pathaka

Also if what I heard is right, they have already shot 60% of the second part …they only have 40% remaining to shoot

Which means it will actually come out in this lifetime as opposed to *cough* Brahmastra *cough* where the director is directing war 2, ranbir is in Ramayana and animal park and amitabh could give two shits abt the film..and none of them have started shooting part 2 after part 1 which itself took 8 years

That’s how SSR did too…They shoot all the parts together by which way they can save on rebuilding the sets and more importantly won’t lose the continuity. Mani Ratnam literally had both the parts of PS ready before he released the Part 1.

pathaka thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

That’s how SSR did too…They shoot all the parts together by which way they can save on rebuilding the sets and more importantly won’t lose the continuity. Mani Ratnam literally had both the parts of PS ready before he released the Part 1.

Yeh most ppl with a proper plan do that

Unlike ayan who wasted 8 years and a tonne of money to making rumi, Star Wars, epic love story and then pivoted to astras and mythology the minute that became a massive draw in the Indian market ….and ppl were claiming the budget is for 3 parts 😂…ghanta ..they can’t even reuse their vfx shots or components coz those go out of date and start looking jaded in a few years …

When making trilogy’s or franchises ….most production houses plan way ahead …brahmastras production house has disowned it and pawned it off to jio 😂

Edited by pathaka - 3 months ago
elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

I watched it again this time in Hindi and just like Baahubali, KGF, Pushpa and a plethora of other Hindi dubbed movies, the dialogues don’t land most of the time in the same way and on the top of it the jokes were cringe in Hindi losing the real meaning in the translation.

Btw, forgot to mention in my OG review that Amitabh Bachchan dubbed for himself in Telugu and was so impeccable too not like one of those broken Telugu or Telugu sounding like Hindi. 🙏🏻

AB Sr's commitment at this age to his craft really should be an example to learn from, not just for actors but for any professional young or old in any field of work!!!!

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Talis

I wonder if it will be as insanely front loaded as Salaar. I've never seen anything like it in the U.S. B.O.

What does front loading mean? And what does it indicate?