PK (2014) : One of my favourite Hirani films after 3 Idiots

Movie Discussions

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

My 3 favourite Hirani movies (I love his films except the 2'nd last one)

1. 3 Idiots

2. Lage Raho Munnabhai

3. PK

I loved PK! Was just reading that ppl didn't like it on this forum. Here is my quirky review:

Imagine an alien from a planet where everyone is perpetually naked, with eyes that can make a child's puppy-dog look seem apathetic. Now, imagine this alien, portrayed by none other than Aamir Khan, lands on Earth, loses his remote control to his spaceship, and sets off on a quest to retrieve it.

Hirani, known for his heartfelt and humorous storytelling, once again delivers a cinematic gem that makes you chuckle, cry, and think—sometimes all at once. "PK" is like that quirky friend who shows up unannounced but always leaves you with a smile and a new perspective on life.

Our protagonist, PK, is not just an alien; he's an endearing oddball whose innocence and curiosity expose the absurdities of human behavior, particularly when it comes to religion. Aamir Khan’s wide-eyed portrayal of PK is nothing short of magical. His performance is so pure and earnest that you forget he's an actor and start believing he's genuinely from another world.

Anushka Sharma, playing the spirited journalist Jaggu, complements Khan’s PK perfectly. Her character’s mix of skepticism and compassion provides a grounded counterpoint to PK’s otherworldly innocence. Their chemistry is like that of peanut butter and jelly—unexpected but perfectly matched.

Hirani’s screenplay, co-written with Abhijat Joshi, is a masterclass in balancing comedy with a message. The humor is never forced, and the social commentary is woven seamlessly into the narrative. The film tackles heavy themes like religious dogma and societal hypocrisy with a light touch, making you laugh even as you ponder.

So those who didn't like PK, you need to watch it again. Seriously. It's one of Hirani's best films. and I think it did really well at the box-office too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Minty I have not watched PK yet but plans to watch it soon.

My picks are

1. Munnabhai 1 and 2

2. 3 idiots

dunki was just a disaster movie for me to watch.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I loved it. Watched it multiple times in the theater. Ahhh…those were the days when we used to have at least one good movie in the theaters at any point of time. Now not even in years.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Sweety you will love PK!!! U must watch it!!!

I think it's on Netflix!